Decoding the ancient language

All 4 gems are in both the offerings on the bottom left (First image) and the cave at the top left (second image). In both cases the gems are listed with symbols in an order consistent with their 4 colors. There is one symbol for each color of gem. Since we have both sets to go off, we can fact check- and it's consistent with the ordering.

The double flowers on the bottom left tell you what order the symbols go in compared to the items, so that's another fact-checking.

You missed bees and birds in the top and didn't label butterfly, but I think you're 100% correct at this point other than maybe the "use", which we've seen Maxwell translate as incantation? Use seems to work too, though. Thank you for the easy-to-see image.

Someone should apply everything we've learned to the 4 ancient murals. We translated it, let's see how much of the murals we can understand.

I'm getting IRL busier soon, is the problem.

1 minute ago, Tumalu said:

The use of it next to carrots/berries aboveground at the top implies otherwise, Cherryzion.

I guess they're trading food and lower gems to the monster for green/orange ones.

I'm saying it is most likely "have" and "give", it can mean both

1 minute ago, Cherryzion said:

What do we make of the "monsters"? The big centipedes, what could they be? Another sentient species that traded with the Thulians? They hunted the rabbits as well? Or worked alongside with the rabbits?

HINK deciphered it well enough, it looks more or less like the ancients were offering to the creatures. Probably as a means to appease them to avoid destruction.

Which comes back to.

Antlion.

4 minutes ago, The Curator said:

HINK deciphered it well enough, it looks more or less like the ancients were offering to the creatures. Probably as a means to appease them to avoid destruction.

Which comes back to.

Antlion.

I agree with you there, but in the bottom right = "Monsters have rabbits"?? I was trying to figure out what that symbol would mean in that situation.

Antlion is probably part of a species (maybe the last of its kind) and the "monsters" are it

ALRIGHTY I have attempted to solve my own puzzle. And so far the results have been less then satisfactory.

35ab02b4053192b3a533e5005a9a9abf.pngf7c4a8085c.pngf0f356f53100ddeda428603709f32e2f.png

And nothing happens. I've tried switching the cane for wood, living logs, twigs, other staves. Also tried different combinations switching the rabbit with a bunny puff, and nightmare fuel for dark petals.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or we're missing another step. Personally I feel that the nightmare fuel and walking cane are up for debate. 

1 minute ago, Ashkain said:

ALRIGHTY I have attempted to solve my own puzzle. And so far the results have been less then satisfactory.

35ab02b4053192b3a533e5005a9a9abf.pngf7c4a8085c.pngf0f356f53100ddeda428603709f32e2f.png

And nothing happens. I've tried switching the cane for wood, living logs, twigs, other staves. Also tried different combinations switching the rabbit with a bunny puff, and nightmare fuel for dark petals.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or we're missing another step. Personally I feel that the nightmare fuel and walking cane are up for debate. 

As far as anyone can tell, it is just a matter of properly decoding the symbols.

There are few other effective supplements for insanity. Have the cane symbol as well, it seems like it consistently is only matched with a one.

9 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Which comes back to.

Antlion.

Maxwell describes the desert stone as “An impure orange gem.”, so the idea that they were the source of the green and orange gems makes sense. Especially considering the Antlion's laziness and constructive/destructive ability.

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Maxwell describes the desert stone as “An impure orange gem.”, so the idea that they were the source of the green and orange gems makes sense. Especially considering the Antlion's laziness and constructive/destructive ability.

It's anatomy also has a large resemblance to the monsters.

6 minutes ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

I am unsure what the lightning looking symbol is supposed to be.

One person said corruption. So nightmare fuel. I tried nightmare fuel x the notches on the slot. Chest went P'TOOEY.

So I think the Nightmare Fuel one may need re-evaluating.

Putting in just nightmare fuel likely would not trigger it. Probably only is appeased if it gets everything. Maybe.

@Ashkain

Could try bunny puffs in place of the rabbit, thulecite shards or walls in place of regular thulecite. Also not sure about the purple gems, never heard of that symbol being deciphered. Purple gem may be confused with the yellow.

Wait... what if the people arguing that 'Staffy' turned into the ancient guardian were right?

vQirm7B.png

What mob does this the most like? A rook...

Not to mention it only seems to go up to one and is pictured next to that staff guy. Try substituting the cane for the guardian horn.

6 minutes ago, The Curator said:

@Ashkain

Could try bunny puffs in place of the rabbit, thulecite shards or walls in place of regular thulecite. Also not sure about the purple gems, never heard of that symbol being deciphered.

Just tried both, neither worked in a number of combinations. Also you can see purple gems on the left part of the mural. 

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Wait... what if the people arguing that 'Staffy' turned into the ancient guardian were right?

vQirm7B.png

What mob does this the most like? A rook...

Not to mention it only seems to go up to one and is pictured next to that staff guy. Try substituting the cane for the guardian horn.

Again, no dice sadly. I tried it with bunny puffs, fragments... Still nothing. C'mon Klei, throw us a bone!

1 minute ago, Cherryzion said:

I'm kinda starting to think this isn't part of the puzzle at all... It might just be another thing we need to input into the chest and it doesn't have to do with the second panel...

It would be a fantastic coincidence considering how well it has all fit together.

Something to keep in mind though is that even getting one of the items wrong in any way probably causes the chest to eject it, so there's no way to confirm this works until it finally does.

Archived