Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ImDaMisterL

A New Reign Puzzle - Metheus

Hype?  

588 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

Sinister_Fang    8,134
1 minute ago, F3RR1S said:

Hide contents

BkkqWDB.png

how ancient is the ancient fuelweaver?

Spoiler

Yeah, I just noticed that too. It looks to me that the Ancient Fuelweaver is not apart of the Ancient civilization we know, but perhaps an older one. He looks nothing like the ancients in the murals, and the murals seem to show the Fuelweaver showing up after the discovery of nightmare fuel.

Sudura2017    449
1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I just noticed that too. It looks to me that the Ancient Fuelweaver is not apart of the Ancient civilization we know, but perhaps an older one. He looks nothing like the ancients in the murals, and the murals seem to show the Fuelweaver showing up after the discovery of nightmare fuel.

I mean, or people could care about the fact the Ancients died less than 20 years ago... Maxwell knew the Guardian before he was at all changed...

The Fuelweaver was dead hundreds, thousands of years before them.

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

The horns of the Fuelweaver curl heavily forward, in every one of his forms. None of the depictions show a being with forward curling horns.

But then again, the art in the new A New Reign trailer is ridiculously out of sync with the rest of the game and series. So, what credence can be given really to the ability of the developers to properly represent their own characters anymore.

Really? I thought the Bee Queen and the fuelweaver/stalkers really blended well with everything in the game. Perhaps toadstool as well! The same can't be said about some of the skins, however...

On-topic: may be we simply need to wait till tomorrow for things to update?

DimWhat    389

Great you guys found the ultimate secret already.

Spoiler

Cheat your potato cups. Go on do it.

The Curator    1,154
1 minute ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Really? I thought the Bee Queen and the fuelweaver/stalkers really blended well with everything in the game. Perhaps toadstool as well! The same can't be said about some of the skins, however...

The enemies were completely fine, but looking at Charlie, Willow and Wilson. Seems like they got a completely different artist that copied the idea but not the specific details already established by the regular artist(s).

AnonymousKoala    3,635
2 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Here's my take. Weaver and his race were attracted to the fuel, and he managed to utilize it in impressive ways, allowing the ancients to make use of it. He then found out the destructive properties of it and died. You find the remains of its race and revive them with the atrium in the peak of the nightmare fuel, the spot containing the highest concentration of it in the entire game, allowing it to properly return to life, only for it to want to take the key out of the gateway, to make sure you don't do the same mistake he did in the past. 

Or, alternatively, he's the one dying next to the survivor bug(which i theorize to be the guardian, as i've said). The bones could just be a form he's taking on.

DwerBomb    6,108
6 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Bu then again, the art in the new A New Reign trailer is ridiculously out of sync with the rest of the game and series. So, what credence can be given really to the ability of the developers to properly represent their own characters anymore.

This is just because different artists have different ways to reperesent the characters. the developers dont have anything to do with it

Auth    9,555

Is that why the jury rigged portal had an eye on it?

Mobbstar    13,904
1 minute ago, Weirdobob said:

Good catch, but it's a different shape, so possibly a good-ish-er one?

Radax3    100

@Sinister_Fang

Spoiler

Might be an older civilization or stalker is just fossilized remains of some animal (Note animalistic posture of assembled skeleton). The picture might show ancient just reanimating skeleton, showing discovered magic power. Fuelweaver might just be ancient stuffed inside animal remains.

AnonymousKoala    3,635
2 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

This is interesting because Maxwell built the jury rigged portal alongside Wilson. It's likely he just based it off of the older model which had existed, the ancients'.

Astroknot    494

The end I bet will probably be a cinematic of some kind, likely a trailer for more to come, and of course Winona.

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
3 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

screenshot217.png

These three appear in the trailer.

Thought that would be obvious...

Anyway, it looks like there are 32 characters for the first set of symbols. I don't know what @CarlZalph meant by "three distynct styles", I only see two, but may be the number of symbols for the first set may push us towards finding some other language out there that have this amount of letters/characters as a basis, Idk...

Silvercide    1,418

Okay im feeling overwhelmed! Im going to go take a break and come back tomorrow and read all 500 posts. Good day!

jumps out window

JimmyJam    1,295

I don't understand what is going on lol I have the website open but the torches are still on! :/

Lil Glaceon    2
Spoiler

my take on this is that the ancients over used nightmare fuel destroying themselves and that the fuelweaver even after you defeat him calls you a fool because you didn't let him remove the key but we have to wait til next update until we can even have a possibility of seeing another world nothing like our own or the caves but that's just my take on the whole theory thing

ImDaMisterL    19,704
Just now, Lil Glaceon said:

oh and this was a huge spoiler but idk how to do that thing where you have to click a button to unhide the content

Highlight the text, click on the eye in the post editor.

If you're on mobile, use [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

oCrapaCreeper    3,085
6 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

This is interesting because Maxwell built the jury rigged portal alongside Wilson. It's likely he just based it off of the older model which had existed, the ancients'.

The design for it did appear to come from Codex Umbra.

Mobbstar    13,904

About the symbols, remember that the first three rows were used in Maxwell's research as shown here:

CarlZalph    3,072
7 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Thought that would be obvious...

Anyway, it looks like there are 32 characters for the first set of symbols. I don't know what @CarlZalph meant by "three distynct styles", I only see two, but may be the number of symbols for the first set may push us towards finding some other language out there that have this amount of letters/characters as a basis, Idk...

Spoiler

cY4eUkD.png

The ones with the vertical line and the horizontal bars on it look like a number scheme rather than anything else.

Sinister_Fang    8,134
4 minutes ago, Radax3 said:

@Sinister_Fang

Reveal hidden contents

Might be an older civilization or stalker is just fossilized remains of some animal (Note animalistic posture of assembled skeleton). The picture might show ancient just reanimating skeleton, showing discovered magic power. Fuelweaver might just be ancient stuffed inside animal remains.

Spoiler

The Fuelweaver might have an animal-like appearance, but the Ancient's have a bug-like appearance too. So I doubt that's the case based off of just that. Plus the Fuelweaver has a lot of knowledge and skill with using the fuel.

DwerBomb    6,108
Spoiler

gems.png

Spoiler

The whole first panel looks like they are building the portal using resources. From this close up, it seems like the white and black energy is actually created from gems, and used to fuel the portal. The White energy seems to be what the Ancients are after, at first, with the Black energy being some sort of waste. In panel 2, though, it seems like they realised that Black energy is stronger (or has more uses) and start shifting towards that.