Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ImDaMisterL

A New Reign Puzzle - Metheus

Hype?  

588 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

Mobbstar    13,894
Spoiler
Just now, CarlZalph said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There are references to a torch and the tragic torch with sign-in-through-Steam.

I suspect that those who have the tragic torch will get to 'use' it in the puzzle whereas the people without will have a common torch.

There's actually a "magic-torch" sound in the sound files, but it's the normal torch with glass shard sounds, so not the tragic torch I think? Maybe it's the pure torch from the murials! :o

Corvidae    74
1 minute ago, Michi01 said:

I really don't know what's happening to me, all other sites are working fine but the metheus page and everything related to it just wont load, I tried different browsers too

I think the page is just being hammered by the lurkers, i.e nothing wrong on your end.

AnonymousKoala    3,635
Spoiler

I think the asset folder unlocking is intended. This doesn't tell us the end, it just is another step. They said they'll be trickier this time, and they delivered. We found the assets, they decided to share them to intrigue us. 

Astroknot    494

I hope were gonna be able to refine Nightmare fuel into Dream fuel. Maybe it could create a Dark Sword that GIVES you sanity.

Silvercide    1,418
8 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

wall.jpg

if you go to the metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/assets and go to wall.jpg, you get that image. It seems like the wall has moved closer to our view, lights are out and we have some substance ready for painting something there.

Here it is brightened up a bit

Spoiler

IMG_1769.JPG

dyondekat    22
1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I miss it when we would actually solve the puzzle and not data mine everything before it was supposed to be found.

I agree, Im ex ited to see this done the regular way!

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
5 minutes ago, CYB3RBOT_13 said:

how do you do this
Spoiler

It was previously talked in the topic, you probably missed it; mobbstar and someone else looked into the assets file, which typically would be locked for this, but not this time (probably an overlook, since we were probably not supposed to see those files yet from the looks of it).

I think we need to figure out what the three symbols are in the trailer. I think they're:

Moon ______ Light/Life

What the middle one is, no goddamn clue.

Mobbstar    13,894
1 minute ago, Astroknot said:

I hope were gonna be able to refine Nightmare fuel into Dream fuel. Maybe it could create a Dark Sword that GIVES you sanity.

Spoiler

The second part of the story disagrees with you: Shadow brings wealth, the white torch only brings enlightenment, not direct power.

CalliopeDESU    25

With all with got i think that there is some sort of essence that has been destroyed by the shadows cause if you look at the torch in the images it's dark with white smoke

Raven Crow    3,392

it seens the picture about the fall of the ancient involve two high mage or priest of the ancients.

one of them might be named Metheus. could be the final boss?

AnonymousKoala    3,635
Spoiler

Additionally to support the theory of the bug person at the end being guardian:

-Maxwell says he got to the DS world after the ancients all died.

-He knows about them, and knows Guardian. Presumably, he told him of the Ancients.

-The bug person in the picture is the last living Ancient.

-As we can see with head statues and Crawling Horrors, they were transformed based on their heads. The bug's helmet/head looks a lot like Guardian, in the form it is seen in the bottom of the last page.

-Maxwell does say the fuel is responsible for Guardian's current form.

-He is the ancient guardian, guarding the ancient key. the ancient key, seen activating the gateway in the first page.

F3RR1S    1,191

could the story of the ancients parallel the story of Maxwell and Charlie? History repeats itself?

jantonio    2,599
Just now, F3RR1S said:

Reveal hidden contents

could the story of the ancients parallel the story of Maxwell and Charlie? History repeats itself?

and wilson is the light haluya

AnonymousKoala    3,635
Just now, F3RR1S said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

And Wilson. it's implied Weaver may have been what Maxwell and Wilson were. Messing with things beyond his control, and while he learned how to utilize them impressively, he doomed himself and all around him. Maxwell's around him was Charlie and his crowd at the show, Wilson was lonely. 

CarlZalph    3,051
Spoiler

YFnOyYZ.png

Note the three distinct styles.

One is curvy with spikes, the other more squared.

Then there's a subset of the squared that looks to be a number representation (glyphs with the vertical line and horizontal lines on the edges)

Astroknot    494
1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:
  Hide contents

And Wilson. it's implied Weaver may have been what Maxwell and Wilson were. Messing with things beyond his control, and while he learned how to utilize them impressively, he doomed himself and all around him. Maxwell's around him was Charlie and his crowd at the show, Wilson was lonely. 

This just reminded me of the fact we need Character backstories. We really only know Maxwell's backstory, and know little about Wilson.

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
1 minute ago, CarlZalph said:
  Hide contents

YFnOyYZ.png

Then there's a subset of the squared that looks to be a number representation (glyphs with the vertical line and horizontal lines on the edges)

Spoiler

How did you get all of them in one spot? letter sna dletters_colored only have individual ones. And we'll need to find a translation for these, I'm sure.

Astroknot    494
2 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:
  Hide contents

YFnOyYZ.png

I guess someone has to decipher this into some type of alphabet.

CarlZalph    3,051
Just now, EuedeAdodooedoe said:
  Hide contents

How did you get all of them in one spot? letter sna dletters_colored only have individual ones. And we'll need to find a translation for these, I'm sure.

https://draeton.github.io/stitches/

Mainly used to help make sprite sheets, but it's quick 'n' easy.

Just gotta delete those social media images it starts with by clicking on each and doing 'delete'.

The Curator    1,154
1 minute ago, F3RR1S said:

Hide contents

BkkqWDB.png

how ancient is the ancient fuelweaver?

The horns of the Fuelweaver curl heavily forward, in every one of his forms. None of the depictions show a being with forward curling horns.

But then again, the art in the new A New Reign trailer is ridiculously out of sync with the rest of the game and series. So, what credence can be given really to the ability of the developers to properly represent their own characters anymore.