Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ImDaMisterL

A New Reign Puzzle - Metheus

Hype?  

588 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

The Curator    1,154

The first picture depicts lesser insectoid beings underground, gathering and transporting resources about. While two greater insectoid beings, one with a staff and another with a torch, watch over a portal. The portal is fueled by white veins, but there is one that is black.

Second picture all the veins become black. The lesser insectoids abandon their posts, and the greater one wielding a staff seems to visit each site. Then they're all flocking to him in worship or desperation, while the greater one wielding a torch seems to be in remorse.

The third shows the portal spiraling out of control, it kills some of the lesser beings but others are converted into distinctly black thralls. It also shows their resources turning black. The being with the staff falls against the blackness, and is defended by the one wielding a torch. Their torch turns distinctly black in this scene, and bears an ironic resemblance to the tragic torch.

Finally, the portal seems to have infested everything but is more docile. The being with the staff survived but the other died, along with all the lesser beings. And both their tools have been laid down.

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
Just now, Michi01 said:

I refreshed and it took a while to load and when it loaded all I saw was the torches although it might've been a bug with the site or something although I keep getting this when realoding.

Must be a bug. I still keep getting the torches lit.

DwerBomb    6,104

GUYS please can we not discuss about the pictures but only about the puzzle?

We will have time to discuss the ending once we reach it, let's follow what we are supposed to do for now

This seems to have been done on purpose so my bad!

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
Just now, CarlZalph said:
  Hide contents

2nMi28W.png

Spoiler

Yeah, that's in the assets. Can't get to it via normal button-clicking methods. Perhaps messing with the assets is the intention? And hei, are we gonna speak in spoilers now? :p

DwerBomb    6,104
Just now, Michi01 said:

I keep reloading and only get this
anrmetheus.png

Thats weird its not happening to me

AnonymousKoala    3,635
Spoiler

I'm gonna attempt a full deciphering:

First picture: Depictions of something deep in the caves, and gems, some of them are ruins exclusive, confirming this is the ruins. The Bug People share their models with the Atrium statues.  2 Thulecite covered bugs are opening the gate.

Second picture: All their problems are being solved. Food appears, gems, thulecite stuff, and the fuel. in fact, the fuel also looks like the Stalker's shadowy parts.

Third Picture: Deaths, the fuel takes over, and the bug people are escaping their exteriors, leaking black goo. Essentially confirming they are the shadow creatures and the statues are their husks.

Fourth Picture: Seems to be nowdays' ruins. The dead husks are lying around, the gateway seems destabilized, the fuel takes on a more viney shape, and thulecite is spread all over.

@The Curator phrased it better.

Essentially, this is the story of prometheus. Bug People find fuel, fuel solves all of their problems, fuel fills the place, their punishment is the shadows bursting out of them as they die, and the portal seems to shut down. This, also explains Ancient Guardian. 

The big bug is left alive. Guardian, is the only living ancient we know of. The fuel has changed him so much as he was the only one left to live, in a now fuel infested ruin. Besides, he guards the key. Meaning, he accessed it. This big bug, is the one who was in the activation of the gateway in first place. 

Astroknot    494
1 minute ago, Michi01 said:

I keep reloading and only get this
anrmetheus.png

Definitely a bug... or that's what they want us to think?

1v0    836
Spoiler

My take on those is -
1. it start on the surface with farms (also the moon with stages) they go in the mountains to mine and find the gems there . They get food from surface to the caves too . Their ... Mages used the portal to gain power (shadow fuel) . Also note at the bottom how the mountain and the trees are upside down .

2. They used the shadow fuel on the food , on the skeletons (stalkers skeletons) , on the gems and build tehnology with it .

And maybe after too much use of it made died(petrefied) ... can't really make much sense of the last part of pic 2 .

3. Too much fuel started leaking from the portal and killed their race . I think it even petrefied alot of them (like the petrefied trees on surface)

4. Shadows consumed everything the civilization was all dead . Only the relics remain that they used to gain power from the shadow fuel .

Mobbstar    13,897
1 minute ago, Quoth143 said:

When did that appear?

Carl did the same thing I did with the [redacted]

EuedeAdodooedoe    1,187
Just now, Quoth143 said:

When did that appear?

Spoiler

iwall.jpg

if you go to the metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/assets and go to wall.jpg, you get that image. It seems like the wall has moved closer to our view, lights are out and we have some substance ready for painting something there.

Astroknot    494
Just now, EuedeAdodooedoe said:
  Hide contents

iwall.jpg

if you go to the metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/assets and go to wall.jpg, you get that image. It seems like the wall has moved closer to our view, lights are out and we have some substance ready for painting something there.

Maybe you have to write "Charlie" on the wall?

CarlZalph    3,059
2 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Also where did you find this?

Just now, Quoth143 said:

When did that appear?

Spoiler

It's in the wall[-a,-b].jpg images which show a, what appears to be, concept art sketches of the wall and its stages.

The files have a timestamp of 2017:03:28 15:40:56, so it was made a while ago.  (Made in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows))

CYB3RBOT_13    20
2 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

iwall.jpg

how do you do this

CarlZalph    3,059
Spoiler

There are references to a torch and the tragic torch with sign-in-through-Steam.

I suspect that those who have the tragic torch will get to 'use' it in the puzzle whereas the people without will have a common torch.

1v0    836

I think thouse 4 pics will be on earch side of an obelisk we can turn around .

Michi01    1,768

I really don't know what's happening to me, all other sites are working fine but the metheus page and everything related to it just wont load, I tried different browsers too