[Game Update] - (BETA) 212819

About these art styles. I also don't like how Charlie looks in the trailer, but that's probably because other artist worked on this, no biggie. My version of Charlie looks a little bit different, too!

I love Shipwrecked launch trailer's art style the most.

• Like 10

We all have differing personal visions of Charlie -- and even if we all had the same tastes in style they would still differ depending on when in Charlie's timeline you choose to visualize her from.  "My" Charlie is from wayyyyyyyyyy back, before DST at all, "My" Charlie is an innocent young woman desiring to help her mysterious new employer (whom she may be falling in love with) who is horribly transformed into the Grue.  It's not that I don't know the rest of Charlie's timeline, or even that I don't acknowledge it -- I totally do.  It's just that my mental image of Charlie dates to an earlier form, so even if I had the same stylistic tastes I wouldn't gravitate towards a Queen Charlie of any form so much as my beloved innocent -- taken and betrayed, but hoping for a savior.

{edit:  I have to agree with whoever it was who said that Queen Charlie is smoking hot though -- she and the "Regina" character from "Once Upon A Time" ....   yeow.}

Edited by absimiliard
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2017 at 0:10 PM, V2C said:

We'll keep the beta branch up for a bit to give everyone a chance to switch back to the main branch before we turn it off.

Will you transfer ANR beta worlds into non-beta DST? I don't wanna lose my 1000+ day servers.

Edited by Alarsin

Well apparently the Fuelweaver isn't actually dead. The post refers to what Charlie has planned for the formidable being at the centre of the Ruins, the Fuelweaver. But players only actually see Charlie interact with him when she is supposedly killing him, which is the only event they could be referring to in the description. And they refer to him in the present tense, so Charlie did not actually kill him she just teleported him away.

So why do They need the Fuelweaver, and or what significance does he have that makes Them require him for anything at all.