Dupe-A-Day!

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well there is a Wil in the lore

No, I mean as duplicants, I mean like the dupes in-game.

Wilson's in the lore? That's just text, I want true models of Don't Starve characters into ONI, exaclty like Watermelen did!

4 hours ago, Dovahkick said:

No, I mean as duplicants, I mean like the dupes in-game.

Wilson's in the lore? That's just text, I want true models of Don't Starve characters into ONI, exaclty like Watermelen did!

There used to be a Wil dupe in early access way back when. He's more of an easter egg character than Wilson, exactly. If the game is mod-able, maybe you can create and add them to the game. Other than that, the DST cast doesn't exist in the ONI lore and the chances of Klei adding new dupes at this point is highly unlikely.

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

chances of Klei adding new dupes at this point is highly unlikely.

A new dupe is what? Hair and a color scheme thrown on the basic dupe shape. Plus a short description in the printer. Making a new one is relatively effortless (well should be for the devs, they got tools for that). They could easily make a few easter egg dupes for release. Actually that was one of the guesses when they mentioned they got something special for release (before they said about new biomes).

16 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

A new dupe is what? Hair and a color scheme thrown on the basic dupe shape. Plus a short description in the printer. Making a new one is relatively effortless (well should be for the devs, they got tools for that). They could easily make a few easter egg dupes for release. Actually that was one of the guesses when they mentioned they got something special for release (before they said about new biomes).

Maybe so but the devs are pretty busy with other projects. Besides, it's not as easy as that. If they made a new dupe, they might have to add them to the lore like the rest of them.

But anyway, enough rambling. This is dupe-a-day, not a discussion thread.

6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

They might have to add them to the lore like the rest of them.

That's not even required.

You can simply add content that is not canonical to the lore and still make it a fun addition.

[LOG BEGINS]
In consequence of a huge number of fatal accidents during semi-aquatic environment survival training, we've developed a device which should finally keep the dupes from accidentally killing themsel- oh, wait. Never mind.

not_drowning.thumb.png.8b173887b5e5bad840d58c3f5d68e8df.png

feelin' the hype over here

flail.thumb.gif.a27aeac018b0fa4e6d67bf2ead0380e4.gif

Real talk: I'm so proud of all of you. From the dev who has been working on this since its earliest conception to the player who submitted a single bug report--you have contributed to a great game! Well done. Well frickin' done. single tear

Archived