Dupe-A-Day!

On 9/8/2017 at 2:25 PM, Justme111 said:

No, in the games credits you can see klei gave financial support to them.

This Shocked me because at the time I loved their games and said game and didn't think klei had anything to do with them.

Also a hint MAE be my profile picture. (I literally just said the name of the main protagonist so it's a little obvious if you know what I'm talking about) Oh and if anyone finds it then I could make a meme for them.

8 hours ago, Executive_Lurker said:

NIGHT IN THE WOOOOODS

SAM_2831.thumb.JPG.f803dae5a3f245ad200566f34418491d.JPG

Okay, okay! Sheesh!

By the way, guys, I don't work a Klei. If you want to send complaints, send it to the company. Please. I'll take request but man, understand I'm a fanartist.

I don't even play the game or I would've shown fanart in the Non-Ds/ONI thread.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

SAM_2831.thumb.JPG.f803dae5a3f245ad200566f34418491d.JPG

Okay, okay! Sheesh!

By the way, guys, I don't work a Klei. If you want to send complaints, send it to the company. Please. I'll take request but man, understand I'm a fanartist.

I don't even play the game or I would've shown fanart in the Non-Ds/ONI thread.

You should probably change your title to "Doesn't Work for Klei". :3

18 hours ago, mf99k said:

59d2c9f8516bc_canyounotplease.thumb.png.fc2fc76ca8dd2188477589ea94387c91.png

Something I caught one of my dupes doing earlier

can you not

I swear they do these things on purpose sometimes

EDIT: OK SO I JUST CHECKED AND SHE THREW MEALLICE DOWN THERE TOO FOR THE LOVE OF

IKR?

It's the EXACT same thing with Vomiter Dupes.

Me: Ohpleasedon'tbarfinouronlysupplyofcleanwaterOhpleasedon'tbarfinouronlysupplyofcleanwater

Dupe: *Vomits in Our Only Supply of Clean Water*

And:

Oh don't vomit all over the fooooood!!

Dupe: *Vomits on the Food*

Ugh, it's things like this that make me create custom games where dupes are Unflappable. 

And melt Dupes who disobey. (Literally submerse them in liquid mercury. I'm a good dictator person. :3)

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

IKR?

It's the EXACT same thing with Vomiter Dupes.

Me: Ohpleasedon'tbarfinouronlysupplyofcleanwaterOhpleasedon'tbarfinouronlysupplyofcleanwater

Dupe: *Vomits in Our Only Supply of Clean Water*

And:

Oh don't vomit all over the fooooood!!

Dupe: *Vomits on the Food*

Ugh, it's things like this that make me create custom games where dupes are Unflappable. 

And melt Dupes who disobey. (Literally submerse them in liquid mercury. I'm a good dictator person. :3)

but isn't mercury a liquid at room temperature?

But yeah for me Vomiter dupes can be especially problematic since there was one game where Mae was vomiting everywhere and my stomach decided to do some sympathy vomiting of its own and THAT DID NOT GO WELL 

I had a dupe (I think it was an Ada maybe) who always ran to this one area to vomit no matter where she was when she got stressed. Fortunately the water there was not our main supply and was being used primarily to prevent the natural gas for the generator from leaking out. I ended up making a barf prison and locking stressed vomiters in there when they were over 95% stress. (Right over the polluted water supply for convenience)

As for murdering them I usually just delete them unless I'm especially mad at them in which case I entomb them and watch them struggle *laughs evilly*

I've also accidentally turned dupes into oxylite before so that's a way to off them I guess

My dupes are so stupid that I feel things would go wrong very easily if I had a bunch of molten lava or metal to dump them in since someone would probably just wander in there by accident.

One of my duplicants built a dupe trap while I was busy dealing with an ironic surplus of oxygen that was killing the crops and giving everyone popped eardrums. By the time I realized what they had done, more than half the colony was stuck up there and I was yelling at all of them for being idiots and 8 more dupes jumped into the trap while I was yelling at them. THERE WASN'T EVEN ANYTHING UP THERE THEY JUST DECIDED TO HAVE AN IDIOT PARTY

because sand

because goddamn sand

ok but Catalina still gets the colony's dumbest dupe award for doing THIS

just_sleep_farther_away_from_her_you_dumb.png.3ef1bd2a1b78d5baed645d4a64087cb9.png

GO

SLEEP

SOMEWHERE

ELSE

Sooo... These three got themselves in a predicament

------

"Heelo" , "Heeeelllloooo!!!" , "Wait what is happening to my coffee?"59d43adf86e4b_7Whyismycoffeefloting.thumb.jpg.8761b82d95f6d7c86072452d34776308.jpg

"Oh" , "OH NOPE this will not end good" , "Oooohhhh... That explains it. WAIT NOOOOO MY COFFEE!!!"

59d43b3311640_7Ohthatiswhymycoffeeisfloating.thumb.jpg.e1b49a8c148f0e1ada69db5c12e73259.jpg

"Heh heh heh. U dun know how to float. U is fallin. Heh." , "AHHHHHHH" , "MY COFFEE WILL NOT PERISH IN VAIIIIIINNNN AAUUUGGGHHH"

59d43bb31f3d1_7TheregoesDevonscoffee.thumb.jpg.71f02c2f00c201594e3c6dda6066fab6.jpg

1 hour ago, mewthemew said:

Giant worm or tiny joshua? :p

bothhhh

if we're still going with the dupes-are-3-inches-tall headcanon I have then that worm is like a foot and a half long which is still really big from our perspective but for us it's like "dang that's a really big worm" and for them it's like "AAAAAAAAA WE ALL GUNNA DIEEE"

Just now, mf99k said:

bothhhh

if we're still going with the dupes-are-3-inches-tall headcanon I have then that worm is like a foot and a half long which is still really big from our perspective but for us it's like "dang that's a really big worm" and for them it's like "AAAAAAAAA WE ALL GUNNA DIEEE"

I headcanon dupes are about the size of a 5 year old child, but with adult proportions if that makes sence (because they have a mass of 66 lbs).

But your version sounds funny, too :3c. tiny dupes are great!

15 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

I headcanon dupes are about the size of a 5 year old child, but with adult proportions if that makes sence (because they have a mass of 66 lbs).

But your version sounds funny, too :3c. tiny dupes are great!

I mainly headcanon a smaller scale based on the insecty-ness of a lot of the mobs and how the water behaves with really high surface tension in a way it wouldn't on a larger scale. Granted, low gravity makes water behave differently, but the surface tension would still imply a much smaller scale.

smaller creatures are less likely to die or get injured while falling, and duplicants can't die from falling (at least not currently, I saw something in one of the files that implied that might get implemented eventually)

also bristle blossoms are basically thistles and if they're the same size as regular thistles that would also put dupes at around a few inches tall.

them smol ant people

sorry I went way too into sciencyness

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Nuu, Joshua! :<

A depth worm got into the colony? :p

I'm not impressed. ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CAN SEE THAT IT'S A GIANT MEAL-LOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A GRIP DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOUR EYES GONE ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for exploding....  

2 hours ago, Xedlord said:

I'm not impressed. ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CAN SEE THAT IT'S A GIANT MEAL-LOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A GRIP DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOUR EYES GONE ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for exploding....  

I know, I was just joking ( ._.)

Archived