[Game Update] - (BETA) 211992

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

Well hounds don't give you useless materials, they bring you gems and teeth.

Depth dwellers don't give you anything but stuff you get from the easier above ground spiders.

OK, what about worms? Do you really need lots of molehats?

1 hour ago, HelloNeptune said:

OK, what about worms? Do you really need lots of molehats?

1 hour ago, TheKingDedede said:

Yeah. In case one breaks.

And you can use the glow berries for refueling the mole_hat and you can get a lot of glow berries from how many worms you get per player in the later days so you'll be swimming in fuel and moggles. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

And you can use the glow berries for refueling the mole_hat and you can get a lot of glow berries from how many worms you get per player in the later days so you'll be swimming in fuel and moggles. :) 

You can get easy lesser glow berries with the new Reaniamted Skeleton overground. At least 20 lesser glow berries could be collected per night for refueling the moggles and I never find it necessary to fight worms once you already have the moggles.

I'd say worm attacks are more annoying and drop less valuable loots than hound attacks. Hounds teeth and gems have lots of consumptive usages (sewing kits/blow darts/staffs/amulets) while glow berries are only used to craft moggles (and only once unless you break it).

Edited by maxiaogua
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

You won't, unless someone explicitly goes out of their way to whack a hundred moles.

Depth Dwellers - you can avoid them with Spiderhats or Webber
Hounds/Worm waves - you can avoid them by running away and having them forget you

The thing about Depth Dwellers is that they're a nuisance by quantity. The safe edge thing might have more to do with boundaries/collision than it is an intended way to avoid spiders.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HamBatter said:

The thing about Depth Dwellers is that they're a nuisance by quantity. The safe edge thing might have more to do with boundaries/collision than it is an intended way to avoid spiders.

Every edge-based thing I've looked at revolves around the player's origin being recognized by the game as being over impassible/water tiles when touching the border.

I had put forward a suggestion to increase the invisible wall barriers thickness such that they touch the edge of the actual tile, but I am unaware of any consequences that this would cause.

This in of itself would fix quite a few of these "edge" cases.