[Game Update] - (BETA) 211849

8 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

??????????????

That's the post I mentioned, compadre. Trimmed, sure, but it's the same post.

lol... compadre is a Spanish word used for guys, not girls...

and I did reacted that way cuz his answer was completely sarcastic and I was uncertain if he actually knew the answer to my question... 

"because reasons" is not a very inviting or friendly answer... is it?

Edited by FreyaMaluk

8 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Reveal hidden contents

There's another thing in everyone's speech files, including Winona's. A fem puppet, everyone refer to her as locked, sad, and on a throne. 

That's old. Along with others.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

Never mind this post. Turns out it was nothing.

Not exactly nothing, in the comments Klei mentions that they're looking at doing brand new Don't Starve Alone content, more Shipwrecked content perhaps? (Walani & Warly might finally get the buffs they deserve!)

Edited by Astroknot
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

Klei re-uploaded the DST trailer for some reason..

EDIT - Never mind this post. Turns out it was nothing.

It no longer has the cyclum bit. Besides, it's the perfect place to hide something, as no one suspects a reupload of what was already used for a puzzle.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sudura2017 said:

Major spoilers for said new character:

Hide contents

She mentions she works in a factory a lot, and the only factory in the DS universe is Wagstaff's. Voxola. In Voxola they made Radios & more-or-less confirmed, WX-78. Clockworks aren't out of the question. Seems she was part of Voxola and worked on her own Clockwork.

Wow, good eye. I didn't even know there was lore behind the radios. Winona makes lots of references to WX-78 as a "broken robot that has violence in its programming" and references all the clockworks as "a perversion of engineering." However when she sees Bernie active she has a quote "Oh, is that a clockwork?" So she knows what a clockwork is, and the radios, WX and the new Clockwork chess pieces are all made out of that material. Maybe Winona is the new version of Wagstaff (the concept of a character linked to engineering). She keeps mentioning its a Voxola and that it can only be worked in a certain way, and it always seems to be associated with portal building. Maybe that's the reason Charlie needs her, so she can engineer a new portal with the technology.

Also other fun facts about Winona, she knows Wes in detail, and talks about Wendy and Webber like she knows them as little kids. Also all her lines when interacting with the world keep poking fun at Charlie as a god (when lightning strikes her and misses, she goes "Now you gotta kiss me!") Also she hates Maxwell, and keeps commenting on his relentlessness attempts to control people, probably related to the radio. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Besides the fact that she references things that are pretty current on DST only, she also references the throne, Maxwell lights, and many other things that are DS adventure mode only at the moment.

My dear Engineer, you bring so many interrogants...

Gif sorta related.

images_article_2017_01_30_winona1.gif

• Like 5

As someone said, folks at Klei add examination quotes to all kind of stuff, including scrapped content. For example, in SW new characters have examination quotes for Deadly Feast, it's an item that is no longer legitly obtainable in game, and was like this long before SW became a thing. Same with long pig in DST. They just added quotes.

• Like 7

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Maslak said:

As someone said, folks at Klei add examination quotes to all kind of stuff, including scrapped content. For example, in SW new characters have examination quotes for Deadly Feast, it's an item that is no longer legitly obtainable in game, and was like this long before SW became a thing. Same with long pig in DST. They just added quotes.

I do that too. It makes things feel more complete, I dunno.

• Like 4