[Game Update] - (BETA) 211849

33 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

So if i still haven't mined a single statue or hammered a Broken Clockwork means that if i do it now i will get them back after reset right ?

Also thank you for this, having all the ruins renewable is awesome and the bump on the FuelWeaver HP made the fight longer and cooler to appreciate!

ps. Any hopes on creating different jelly beans maybe for, +5 Hunger requering 1 Royal Honey and 3 Meat Balls (good for wolfgangs fighting mechanics) +5 Sanity 1 Royal Jelly + 3 Pumpkin Cookiez (for fights like FuelWeaver) ?  Just an idea ;)

Best Regards,

There's actually graphics for different types of jellybeans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

If there's an April Fools update, the main thing I want is a craftable fool's cap, a new chest skin, and fresh trinkets, tbh.

I rather have this haqquin Wes theme skin

Edited by Donke60
  • Like 3

Seriously, are we still doubting Klei's ability to make April fool's day pranks with elaborate setups and speech files?

There's a certain writer at Klei who might love getting her hands dirty just to make a prank... also, come on, why isn't anyone considering the fact that Klei feeds off of our hopes and dreams and purees them with a pinch of blood sweat and tears from players trying to get a head start to figuring out the next puzzle with these lore drops? I for one am waiting for more of the lore so I can finally embrace the sweet release of death... O__O

Spoiler

6 - Charlie.jpg

Charlie's sister is not out of the question... and so we now have a name for her too... 

Don't underestimate Klei's puzzle making skills...

• Like 9

I have a question: do thulecite walls regenerate as well?? if the ancient statues do regenerate, I see no argument against it...

15 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Ancient Statues and Broken Clockworks are now part of Ruins regeneration. (NOTE: Retrofitting of the regeneration logic for these entities can only be applied to ones that are still present in your world.)

7 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

question

probably because of how they regen things that will be tagged for regen when the update kicks in and when the cave renews...

if people were to build more walls and then it gets tagged for the next regen, we'd get SOOOO MUCH thulecite

Edited by Asparagus
going to probably need someone who saw it in the code and could verify... but if it were me, that would be the easier way to do regen...

7 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

probably because of how they regen things that will be tagged for regen when the update kicks in and when the cave renews...

if people were to build more walls and then it gets tagged for the next regen, we'd get SOOOO MUCH thulecite

the regen works replacing things in the place they used to be... I see no conflict there

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

the regen works replacing things in the place they used to be... I see no conflict there

but how do they tag the things that were there? or did they exclude the walls from the things that should be regen'd?

Image result for holds microphone

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Another very useful comment that noone asked for.  :S

How about we stick to the question for a change??

Very clear stated, the walls appear to be excluded from this. And there is even a comment on the first page also mentioning that the walls seem to be excluded from this. Which is quite obvious seeing as they are not mentioned in the update, explicitly not mentioned.

So you are too lazy to read to see if any people mention the subject you are interested about, and so you just ask to get the answer directly.

And then when you receive the answer, you do not read it. And the humor tacked on to brighten things up for the reader, you spit at.

Really would like to summarize to you what kind of person you are, based on this very brief but informative display. However, would like to stay at 0 warning points on this forum. For at least awhile. Ta-ta.

Just now, Asparagus said:

but how do they tag the things that were there? or did they exclude the walls from the things that should be regen'd?

Image result for holds microphone

there is always going to an argument against changes... the truth is I don't see much of a problem 

I don't know either but they do get to replace the guardian where it was and all the other things... so yeap-- that is a question for the devs...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Very clear stated, the walls appear to be excluded from this. And there is even a comment on the first page also mentioning that the walls seem to be excluded from this. Which is quite obvious seeing as they are not mentioned in the update, explicitly not mentioned.

So you are too lazy to read to see if any people mention the subject you are interested about, and so you just ask to get the answer directly.

And then when you receive the answer, you do not read it. And the humor tacked on to brighten things up for the reader, you spit at.

Really would like to summarize to you what kind of person you are, based on this very brief but informative display. However, would like to stay at 0 warning points on this forum. For at least awhile. Ta-ta.

I did read all the patch notes and scroll down the comments here, but some changes are not very good explained sometimes... you know, I did quoted the devs post... so.. yeap...

I was kinda expecting them to answer...

It is kinda sad if you attempt to gather the essence from a person just from one comment... but it's your choice obviously...

I don't take kindly when someone just writes whatever without contributing anything to the discussion... just for the sake of it... 

Edited by FreyaMaluk

10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I don't take kindly when someone just writes whatever without contributing anything to the discussion... just for the sake of it... 

If I'm reading correctly, he DID answer your question. Perhaps not in a formal way, but he answered it.

And you don't need to be rude about it because he didn't answer your question properly. @The Curator may not be the best person in the world, but he gave you the answer you were asking for with no hostility whatsoever.

• Like 5

Well, I find your comment kinda edgy aswell, Curator. Because reasons makes it look like walls regen should obviously be a thing and you demand it, and you probably intended to make it look like this. I don't really agree that walls should regenerate. Thulecite from statues is great addition already. And it can be somehow explained lore-wise, maybe. I mean the fact that statues regrow.
 You can still get thulecite by using green gems, and now you don't even need to slay Dragonfly for it.
 Thulecite walls, compared to statues, are ruined. I don't mind them not regrowing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

If I'm reading correctly, he DID answer your question. Perhaps not in a formal way, but he answered it.

And you don't need to be rude about it because he didn't answer your question properly. @The Curator may not be the best person in the world, but he gave you the answer you were asking for with no hostility whatsoever.

"because reasons" is not an answer... 

he did addressed the question ONLY AFTER I pointed that out

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

"because reasons" is not an answer... 

he did addressed the question AFTER I pointed that out

You didn't ask why they don't regenerate.

Here's the question:

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

do thulecite walls regenerate as well??

And he replied:

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

The walls appear to be excluded from this.

Is the question you asked answered? Yes. Did it have the intent of humor in it? Yes. Did it require such a rude response from you? No.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Well, I find your comment kinda edgy aswell, Curator. Because reasons makes it look like walls regen should obviously be a thing and you demand it, and you probably intended to make it look like this. I don't really agree that walls should regenerate. Thulecite from statues is great addition already. And it can be somehow explained lore-wise, maybe. I mean the fact that statues regrow.
 You can still get thulecite by using green gems, and now you don't even need to slay Dragonfly for it.
 Thulecite walls, compared to statues, are ruined. I don't mind them not regrowing.

I see your point, but thulecite walls do need some work to obtained Thulecite for items... you need the time and a bunch of hammers then go to the Ancient Pseudoscience Station and refine all the fragments.. it's nor like it's ready-to-go thulecite...

so I really don't a real problem with... considering that after a while you do use use the thulecite for armor and critters do not stop spawning

Edited by FreyaMaluk

3 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

You didn't ask why they don't regenerate.

Here's the question:

And he replied:

Is the question you asked answered? Yes. Did it have the intent of humor in it? Yes. Did it require such a rude response from you? No.

scroll up my dear friend... that's not the post i was referring... This one IS

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

The walls appear to be excluded from this.

Because.

Reveal hidden contents

Reasons.

and I wasn't rude.... "seems to be" is also not something certain... I can take the comment seriously, cuz this person appears to be uncertain of this information and also answered very sarcastically... 

If you consider my answer "rude" then you should ask someone if they will take his answer seriously...

Edited by FreyaMaluk