[Game Update] - (BETA) 211849

40 minutes ago, Tylordian said:
  Hide contents

Also Winona means firstborn sister, if that may hold any merit.

Spoiler

I think its best if we don't talk about the lore stuff about Winona, anything else seems to be fine

39 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Maybe we could make a discord?

No I think I would rather just wait till Thursday plus I have no clue what a "discord" is.

Edited by Astroknot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Astroknot said:

No I think would rather just wait till Thursday plus I have no clue what a "discord" is.

A discord is an app on computer or mobile it's basically a chat service and there are servers to talk about anything
as well as voice chat.
so it's like skype or teamspeak

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

There are thousands of lines, this isn't an april fools thing.

I don't know. Maybe if a certain writer at Klei had a lot of spare time on her hands and was planning this for a while now...

I wouldn't say an April Fools prank is out of the question just yet.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I don't know. Maybe if a certain writer at Klei had a lot of spare time on her hands and was planning this for a while now...

I wouldn't say an April Fools prank is out of the question just yet.

Again though, that would be an incredibly needless way to anger the player-base.

You know what would be fun? Let's hint to our fans that we are going to release an entirely brand new character for them to play with. We'll even temporarily patch in a complete list of all their dialogue into the game just to convince them without a doubt it's real. 

And then, AND THEN. 

We'll tell them that it was a lie.

Oh they'll be just falling over eachother to congratulate us on how clever we are, this is going to be such a great publicity stunt for us. They'll probably even buy the game again just to support us more.

Yeah. And this is supposed to be an adult business here, not some adolescent club.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

You know what would be fun? Let's hint to our fans that we are going to release an entirely brand new character for them to play with. We'll even temporarily patch in a complete list of all their dialogue into the game just to convince them without a doubt it's real. 

And then, AND THEN. 

We'll tell them that it was a lie.

Oh they'll be just falling over eachother to congratulate us on how clever we are, this is going to be such a great publicity stunt for us. They'll probably even buy the game again just to support us more.

This is how I imagine the Klei devs sound whenever they add anything useless to the game...

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Again though, that would be an incredibly needless way to anger the player-base.

Isn't that what April Fools is all about? Just being needlessly annoying and irritating everyone?

I'm just saying that a prank isn't too far out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't mind a new character, but looking at the date... I'm just not sure. Guess we'll just need to wait and see how this unfolds.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Isn't that what April Fools is all about? Just being needlessly annoying and irritating everyone?

I'm just saying that a prank isn't too far out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't mind a new character, but looking at the date... I'm just not sure. Guess we'll just need to wait and see how this unfolds.

Except, Klei is a business. It is one thing to hint to something obviously a joke like the potato cup, but a new character is a major addition to the game which will get a lot of attention and hype. Making it a joke is only going to lower their reputation and potentially damage how much their consumers trust and respect them. That is not how a business operates, unless it is run by imbeciles. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Except, Klei is a business. It is one thing to hint to something obviously a joke like the potato cup, but a new character is a major addition to the game which will get a lot of attention and hype. Making it a joke is only going to lower their reputation and potentially damage how much their consumers trust and respect them. That is not how a business operates, unless it is run by imbeciles. 

You act like this scenario hasn't happened before as an April Fools prank. Besides, it's not like Klei has to worry about stock holders or investors. I'm pretty sure they're still completely independent.

I'm just saying that it's still a possibility. I'm not saying that it is, and I'm not saying that it isn't. I'm just saying that it might be a good idea to be a little skeptical around this time of year.

And if it does turn out to be a joke, well, they already have our money. I doubt it'll change much in the long run.

• Like 3

Yes although it still is possible that this is a prank being orchestrated by the select few who claim they found these strings. Especially seeing as it is claimed that there were numerous lines of dialogue found, but none of it has actually been shown. So, evidence is put forward to prove this is substantiated but the evidence itself is not actually shown; and thus there is no need to write up numerous strings for a prank.

• Like 1

Just now, The Curator said:

Yes although it still is possible that this is a prank being orchestrated by the select few who claim they found these strings. Especially seeing as it is claimed that there were numerous lines of dialogue found, but none of it has actually been shown. So, evidence is put forward to prove this is substantiated but the evidence itself is not actually shown; and thus there is no need to write up numerous strings for a prank.

A prank is supposed to look real and really surprise you, even though I don't believe its a prank, it would be a pretty good one.

Spoiler

@The Curator, please do not ruin the jokes and possibilities of things by taking stuff in a very serious way. :D Thanks!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

A prank is supposed to look real and really surprise you, even though I don't believe its a prank, it would be a pretty good one.

Hide contents

@The Curator, please do not ruin the jokes and possibilities of things by taking stuff in a very serious way. :D Thanks!

A real joke is an act performed by one in order to bring joy to others.

A common joke is an act performed by one in order to bring joy to themself by taking it from others.

No, actually. If people give false hope to others just so they can take it away and laugh. No, that is not something to shrug off. That is a type of sociopathy, and is one of the numerous forms of parasitic selfishness that humans display, especially on the internet. And it should be met with condemnation and scorn.

• Like 1

Just a story to tell from a few years ago, Yakult came in very small bottles, but on April 1 they released a picture of a very big Yakult bottle. So many people were so happy such as my relatives. When they found out it was just a zoomed in picture, they laughed, no anger, nobody thought of it as "parasitic selfishness" it was on facebook (especially on the internet). See, most people can take a joke, and they get it. The point of April fools is to have a laughing experience.

Spoiler

I think we should stop with April fools here since we are derailing this topic a lot.

• Like 3

Major spoilers for said new character:

Spoiler

She mentions she works in a factory a lot, and the only factory in the DS universe is Wagstaff's. Voxola. In Voxola they made Radios & more-or-less confirmed, WX-78. Clockworks aren't out of the question. Seems she was part of Voxola and worked on her own Clockwork.

• Like 3

Re: whether it's a prank or not. Haven't seen the supposed leaked voice files, naturally, but as a fan of Alex Hirsch, I could totally believe that a creator would go to such ridiculous lengths to poke fun at their fans.

Also, Wyro.

• Like 1

Ugh, this thread is more clicking (on spoilers) than reading. Maybe go to some other thread and label it so people will know it's full of forbidden knowledge. Providing that you want to keep diggin', not sure if that's really nice to Klei or more like you can play it cool, telling that you know that it's just a prank (bro) right from the start!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alainmcd said:

@The Curator, feel free to disagree with others, but suggesting people are selfish, parasitic sociopaths just because you disagree with them(1) or don't believe what they are saying(2), or you don't know(3) or understand what's going on(4), or they might be pulling a prank(5) isn't OK.

Actually if you read, the statement refers to the specific hypothetical outcome of it being a prank. It specifically refers to that outcome which the criticism is directed at.

Can only assume you read some other comment that was throwing criticism at, count of five, different possible scenarios as opposed to the one you were replying to which was quite clearly referring to only one outcome. Because, your entire comment is condemning the use of criticism in various situations yet the statement you are referring to blatantly references the only one of these scenarios that is not unreasonable. Which would make little sense because that would mean you would be making up scenarios to condemn when they are obviously not applicable here because the original statement clearly specifies the situation it is directed at.

Edited by The Curator

10 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Ancient Statues and Broken Clockworks are now part of Ruins regeneration. (NOTE: Retrofitting of the regeneration logic for these entities can only be applied to ones that are still present in your world.)

View full update

So if i still haven't mined a single statue or hammered a Broken Clockwork means that if i do it now i will get them back after reset right ?

Also thank you for this, having all the ruins renewable is awesome and the bump on the FuelWeaver HP made the fight longer and cooler to appreciate!

ps. Any hopes on creating different jelly beans maybe for, +5 Hunger requering 1 Royal Honey and 3 Meat Balls (good for wolfgangs fighting mechanics) +5 Sanity 1 Royal Jelly + 3 Pumpkin Cookiez (for fights like FuelWeaver) ?  Just an idea ;)

Best Regards,

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

Any hopes on creating different jelly beans maybe for, +5 Hunger requering 1 Royal Honey and 3 Meat Balls (good for wolfgangs fighting mechanics)

At first when this idea came out I thought it's gonna be useless, but I didn't think about Wolfgangs until now. Actually that would be amazing!

Edited by Maslak
  • Like 2