[Game Update] - (BETA) 211849

Just now, Tylordian said:

I thought we confirmed that this is a mod? The person who originally posted this had the Winona The Invalid mod, this character in the mod talks with Vharlir, it is in the mod description, it is a false alarm.

No. The speech lines are entirely different if you were able to look at them.

• Like 2

Can you post them under a spoiler tab?

'Fraid not, I was gonna but seeing as it was removed from the files it seems they don't want them to be seen. Thus I will abide by this. There might be others willing though.

• Like 5

Just now, Zeklo said:

'Fraid not, I was gonna but seeing as it was removed from the files it seems they don't want them to be seen. Thus I will abide by this. There might be others willing though.

Okay... I am going to put some spoiler tabs on my other post

6 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

I thought we confirmed that this is a mod? The person who originally posted this had the Winona The Invalid mod, this character in the mod talks with Charlie, it is in the mod description, it is a false alarm.

not really. Would they make a voice line for literally everything in the game? even the ones that are not in the game/not implemented?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thepookus said:

not really. Would they make a voice line for literally everything in the game? even the ones that are not in the game/not implemented?

It goes as far as to include human meat and server portals, if this was developed it was started back during the rough development period for the new DST features. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Dream on, human.

Her speech features slang reminiscent of southern Canada AND Washington DC. Charlie brought her sister over?

IS KLEI MAKING A CHARACTER FOR MY BIRTHDAY ON 04.04?!

Would have been a better turn of the plot if Charlie's shadow half is actually an additional identity, which They took control of, and that is actually the sister she refers to. But it would make sense that Charlie's sister would go looking for her after she disappeared, and that Charlie would hesitate to attack her in the dark. Although whether or not she also was pulled into the world forcibly or if she too interacted with Them to be transported would remain to be seen.

She better have more exciting character traits then just getting a free hit though. That's something most players will never even use, and that is not even interesting to begin with.

Referencing an entirely new character however is a pretty rubbish April Fool's joke. Especially since they are a business. That is how you completely piss your consumer base off.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

Would have been a better turn of the plot if Charlie's shadow half is actually an additional identity, which They took control of, and that is actually the sister she refers to. But it would make sense that Charlie's sister would go looking for her after she disappeared, and that Charlie would hesitate to attack her in the dark. Although whether or not she also was pulled into the world forcibly or if she too interacted with Them to be transported would remain to be seen.

She better have more exciting character traits then just getting a free hit though. That's something most players will never even use, and that is not even interesting to begin with.

Referencing an entirely new character however is a pretty rubbish April Fool's joke. Especially since they are a business. That is how you completely piss your consumer base off.

In actuality, she will probably have abilities related to Charlie (several of her lines tease her as stuff happens in the world) as well as some more production-based abilities (lots of her lines infer she worked in a factory doing hard labor, or at least some form of it, probably giving her a crafting boost). Possible drawbacks might be inability to use certain magic or being slightly weaker mentally. Almost sounds like a foil to maxwell but we honestly have no idea what she does. For all we know she's a bonus character you unlock after you meet Charlie, all we have to infer off of is her voice lines. Also there are bunches of characters that never made it out of development that are still in the game, a cancelled character is nothing to cry about. I at least like to know that they existed, but whatever you're thinking Winona is too far deep in voice lines to be a joke. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

For one thing, having a free hit from charlie could come in REALLY handy. You could walk in the dark when your miner helmet, lantern or torch is low. Also, I see quotes for a new item which seems to belong to her. Looking at all of the characters' quotes I can say it has a very interesting feature that will solve a heck ton of complaints. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

For one thing, having a free hit from charlie could come in REALLY handy. You could walk in the dark when your miner helmet, lantern or torch is low. Also, I see quotes for a new item which seems to belong to her. Looking at all of the characters' quotes I can say it has a very interesting feature that will solve a heck ton of complaints. 

Personally do resort to duping Charlie by turning off the lights and then flashing her to conserve, but because sanity drains quickly in the dark this tactic will eventually lead to you going insane. And so, being able to do it for even longer periods of time is useful but it does have very distinct drawbacks. And it already is a more quirky bending of the game mechanics to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Hide contents

In actuality, she will probably have abilities related to Charlie (several of her lines tease her as stuff happens in the world) as well as some more production-based abilities (lots of her lines infer she worked in a factory doing hard labor, or at least some form of it, probably giving her a crafting boost). Possible drawbacks might be inability to use certain magic or being slightly weaker mentally. Almost sounds like a foil to maxwell but we honestly have no idea what she does. For all we know she's a bonus character you unlock after you meet Charlie, all we have to infer off of is her voice lines. Also there are bunches of characters that never made it out of development that are still in the game, a cancelled character is nothing to cry about. I at least like to know that they existed, but whatever you're thinking Winona is too far deep in voice lines to be a joke. 

Welcome any new character that does not have a gimmick that removes an element of the game, gimmicks should change how characters interact with the game; not limiting how much they can. Together does not seem like much of a game for unlocks, but the plot is focusing more towards the heart of the Ruins then Charlie. She has taken almost too much of a backseat at this point.

Plenty to cry about with cancelled characters, Wilton had super amounts of unique gimmick potential. And Wallace was the organic incarnation of nightmare fuel. Which probably was why he was removed.

Spoiler

Warning!

Potential spoilers ahead!

Spoiler

Maybe Winona will have a built in construction amulet perk? She is a engineer after all so it would make sense for her to be more adept at crafting things. (Alright maybe Winona would be rather OP, but so is Wickerbottom with the instant crop growing and the sleepytime stories and what not.) EDIT: Maybe to somewhat balance it out the perk would only works on non-magic/ancient related items? I really don't know, I'm just coming up with random ideas.

Edited by Astroknot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Astroknot said:
  Hide contents

Warning!

Hide contents

Maybe Winona will have a built in construction amulet perk? She is a engineer after all so it would make sense for her to be more adept at crafting things. (Alright maybe Winona would be rather OP, but so is Wickerbottom with the instant crop growing and the sleepytime stories and what not.)

Perhaps not half, but a quarter less resources. Which would lead to a lot of groups relying on her to build the base.

But the community has made it clear they don't mind meta RPG class specializations, and with so many of them in the game the developers either have to carry the trend or make Willow a sister. Unless they secretly plan to actually balance the other characters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astroknot said:
  Hide contents

Warning!

Hide contents

Maybe Winona will have a built in construction amulet perk? She is a engineer after all so it would make sense for her to be more adept at crafting things. (Alright maybe Winona would be rather OP, but so is Wickerbottom with the instant crop growing and the sleepytime stories and what not.) EDIT: Maybe to somewhat balance it out the perk would only works on non-magic/ancient related items? I really don't know, I'm just coming up with random ideas.

Actually if you had some sort of armor/magic repairing item you could use the construction/deconstruction items to your hearts content. It'd be too OP to give someone a built in "use less resources all the time" perk. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Hide contents

Actually if you had some sort of armor/magic repairing item you could use the construction/deconstruction items to your hearts content. It'd be too OP to give someone a built in "use less resources all the time" perk. 

Spoiler

I guess your right... would of been really cool and have been an amazing team function. EDIT: OR we go with @The Curator's idea and just have it be a quarter less resources? Would that make a difference?

Edited by Astroknot

7 minutes ago, Astroknot said:
  Hide contents

I guess your right... would of been really cool and have been an amazing team function. EDIT: OR we go with @The Curator's idea and just have it be a quarter less resources? Would that make a difference?

A quarter would be one less board for an alchemy engine, one less wool and silk for a winter hat. Depends on how they round the figures or choose which resource to subtract from.

Would be useful but, hardly exciting.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

A quarter would be one less board for an alchemy engine, one less wool and silk for a winter hat. Depends on how they round the figures or choose which resource to subtract from.

Would be useful but, hardly exciting.

Spoiler

I don't think it would be one of her main perks just a small bonus for fun I guess. Even just a quarter less could be handy, you would only need 3 logs for a board. <--- (yeah I know this does not sound significant but if your like me like to have fancy bases, it could be a big time saver.)

• Like 1

Spoiler

I don't think she will have a crafting effect, as she talks abut how the craft amulet will be her good friend in the voicelines... I think she has something to do with clockworks, in the voicelines she asks if Bernie is a clockwork when it is walking around, so maybe she can befriend any clockwork she wants? Or maybe even make her own clockworks? This is further supported by the fact that she constantly mentions that she is an engineer/builder.

• Like 1

Hide contents

I don't think she will have a crafting effect, as she talks abut how the craft amulet will be her good friend in the voicelines... I think she has something to do with clockworks, in the voicelines she asks if Bernie is a clockwork when it is walking around, so maybe she can befriend any clockwork she wants? Or maybe even make her own clockworks? This is further supported by the fact that she constantly mentions that she is an engineer/builder.

Spoiler

Forget my idea! That's way more useful if she could build a rook to ram trees down. Maxwell and Woodie would become almost irrelevant then. (Also I hope that the update that adds her is this Thursday, that way we can all stop posting in spoilers. Its getting annoying.)

• Like 1

Just now, Astroknot said:
  Hide contents

Forget my idea! That's way more useful if she could build a rook to ram trees down. Maxwell and Woodie would become almost irrelevant then. (Also I hope that the update that adds her is this Thursday, that way we can all stop posting in spoilers. Its getting annoying.)

Maybe we could make a discord?

• Like 1