[Game Update] - (BETA) 211528

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Looking at this image I now realize that she's supposed to be sitting down, with her legs crossed...

"The Throne suits us well..." Wendy said, bored and distant. She stands up and moves toward a giant mirror... she raises her hand. A vision of the world... the forests, the caves... it was dark, yet she sees... her former companions, scared, alone... separated by space and time...

She sees her uncle... confused, scared... clutching Charlie's limp and pale body, tears dripping down his face as he looks at her, hopeless. Wendy stares at the vision, but as she does, a large, ominous presence draws close... its pressure pressing the air around it, making it hard to breathe... a common scare tactic. She blinks slowly and deliberately and Abigail materializes behind her staring into the darkness; her figure resembling that of Wendy's yet more ethereal; a ghostly glow surrounding her. Abigail moves forward and the shadows recede... Wendy returns to the Throne, the vision following her. As she sat down, the court was silent, the Shadows anticipating her next action, they wait, Abigail standing at the foot of the throne, she was her knight.

latest?cb=20160426013713

"Mr. Skits." she called. A sliver of shadow slithering away from the eyes in the darkness toward the foot of the throne... "Y-y-yes, my queen?" he nervously voiced. "Send... a package to the fallen king, with my regards." At this, he bowed and curled into himself, then disappearing.

The the breaking dawn casts its light on Charlie's face... Maxwell continues to weep. At that, Mr. Skits materializes in front of him. "What are you doing here?" Maxwell says without looking away from Charlie. "Your nie-- The queen has tasked me to deliver this to you..." A shadow slowly rises from the ground and imploding into a puff of smoke and leaving a package in its place. "She seems to keep THEM in line quite well, I don't get bullied as much as I used to..." says Mr. Skits nonchalantly and with that, he disappears.

Maxwell reaches for the package and opens it revealing a jar of Jelly Beans, some honey poultice, a torch, and some meatballs along with a note. Maxwell makes a subtle and sad smile. He wipes away his tears and reads the note...

Dear uncle,

You have done enough, now it's my turn...

I will not let you suffer... much...

Love, Wendy

P.S. No need for any concern, Abigail and I are doing just fine... I will be sending the hounds on the morrow; it would be best start preparing.

And with that, he laughs at the top of his lungs... both with relief and despair. "Looks like we're stuck here, eh Charlie?" She is quiet and still. The shadow flames slowly receding from her right arm. He wraps up the package and ties it around himself. He lifts Charlie up and over his shoulders and he limps toward the rising sun. The rose on her head is wilting; with every step he takes a petal falls to the ground... The other survivors, broken and bruised, the battle is won, the queen has been dethroned, but at what cost? They are no closer to escaping this place...

• Like 5

Yikes.  Although it was nice of her to warn him about the hounds...

Actually at first I ALMOST thought the package was going to contain a telltale heart, but then I remembered who we're dealing with here and went "NAH..."

(Question:  IS it actually necessary for the current enthroned person to _die_ in order to leave?  If you rescued them after a short enough time, so that enough years wouldn't've passed for them to age to death as soon as they stand up...  Although in this case, no, Charlie--or her grue side, at least--ain't goin' down without a fight.)

What's with the screenshot with all the "PLEASE"s, by the way--a tragic console-command accident?

...Notorious

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Although in this case, no, Charlie--or her grue side, at least--ain't goin' down without a fight.)

I actually just made this as a one-shot but if I were to continue this... I imagine that there was a final battle for the ruins, the nightmares, the survivors (and maybe a few pigmen, rabbitmen, and broken clockworks) fight against the Shadows/Ancients. Charlie helping out the survivors by banishing a few nightmares here and there and occasionally supplying them with healing items and food all the while, the Shadow Weaver is trying to close the atrium portal that has nightmares pouring out of it; the survivors and the Shadow weaver have now agreed to work together after their initial encounter... the battle continues and casualties are numerous, and so are the nightmares and their seemingly endless numbers.

The survivors fall one by one, Maxwell and Wendy are the last two, after Wickerbottom and WX make a tag-team effort and ends up with WX exploding to keep a large horde from overpowering them but there were too many, and the portal keeps pumping out more nightmare fuel that turn into nightmare creatures... with the last of Maxwell's power he summons more Shadow Puppets and hold off the remaining threats, Abigail is summoned after all the deaths around her recharged her energies and she too holds off the nightmares... Wendy then sprints toward the portal and helps the Shadow Weaver take out the Key...

Meanwhile, Charlie in the Throne room, is holding off the Nightmares with her powers as well as helping out Wendy and the Shadow Weaver... but she looked away for a second and ended up being struck down... but at that moment, the two (Wendy and the Shadow Weaver) were able to pull it out and the portal closes. With the last of Maxwell, Charlie and the Shadow Weaver's powers, they lend their powers to Wendy and transport her to the Throne room and pick off the remaining shadows surrounding Charlie... but Charlie is now too weak... her energies are fading...

The throne seeks another host... the ground, no the world trembles, it's collapsing in on itself... and with that, she sacrifices herself and sits on the throne. Shadows envelop her and is transformed into the new queen... she stabilizes the world and commands the earth to be still... all is now well... Charlie fades into dust and shadows... the throne room is transformed into her image and likeness...

lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Unfortunately, nope.  The only new image from this patch is the Bone Armor.  So, here's the armor modelled on a few characters:

Bone Armor (Icon / Wigfrid / Maxwell / Wendy / Wes / Wickerbottom / Wilson)

Reveal hidden contents

armorskeleton.png

wathgrithr_armorskeleton_bow.gif waxwell_armorskeleton_hot.gif wendy_armorskeleton_run.gif wes_armorskeleton_mime.gif wickerbottom_armorskeleton_hatdance.gif wilson_armorskeleton_idlesanity.gif

is good still :>.

22 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

Bone armour should be repairable with bone shards.

You know, I was thinking the same. However, since the shield is really what's protecting you and not the bone armour itself, it's a safe bet that nightmare fuel is what it should be repaired via.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

You know, I was thinking the same. However, since the shield is really what's protecting you and not the bone armour itself, it's a safe bet that nightmare fuel is what it should be repaired via.

^

Having finally acquired the damn thing, I played with it a bit and found it was suited to tanking since the armor's shield would cool down before a mob like the treeguard can attack again, though I guess I found it more useful against fighting terror beaks with 450+ ping .-. so it's technically not OP as other people say it is since the armor itself does not protect you but instead, the shield it generates is the one protecting you...

10 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Wickerbottom and WX make a tag-team effort and ends up with WX exploding to keep a large horde from overpowering them

YOU EXPLODED MY FRIEND!!! I AM NOT FINE WITH THAT!!!

unknown.png

PS The oneshot is nice, just keep the tenses consistent and it's ready for publication :wilson_goodjob:.

• Like 4

Okay now I'm not sure if anybody has pointed this out yet, but Wilson over here has the right idea! wilson_armorskeleton_idlesanity.gif.cd332d5bca6db24eac27d5c4e1760c88.gif I'm not sure if it's just me but how come every time I see this new armor I think it's just going to close and hurt kill you?  It's kind of creepy if you think about it. Also! I'd like to point out how we never "KILL" this Fuel Weaver. I think iit's impossible to kill and we get help. Take a look.stalker_atrium_death.thumb.gif.8f45ed3b9b50d63e2e162b7749f7d749.gif

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Okay now I'm not sure if anybody has pointed this out yet, but Wilson over here has the right idea! wilson_armorskeleton_idlesanity.gif.cd332d5bca6db24eac27d5c4e1760c88.gif I'm not sure if it's just me but how come every time I see this new armor I think it's just going to close and hurt kill you?  It's kind of creepy if you think about it. Also! I'd like to point out how we never "KILL" this Fuel Weaver. I think iit's impossible to kill and we get help. Take a look.stalker_atrium_death.thumb.gif.8f45ed3b9b50d63e2e162b7749f7d749.gif

Now prepare for all the jokes people will start making.

O__O

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Now prepare for all the jokes people will start making.

22 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Wait, Please don't tell me I started something! Noooo!~

asstalker_atrium_death.thumb.gif.8f45ed3b9b50d63e2e162b7749f7d749.gif

I guess Charlie's into "that" sort of thing... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

moYUS02.jpg?1

About the Bone Armor:

Spoiler

It looks good...

4F25034AB323B12E8BA508A08D9E359D227AC10B

And its shield is pretty useful when you're having trouble timing an attack when you're lagging... when the Shadow Bishop teleports to you and you lag, it's good to have both shields at your disposal... 

E7ED69AFAEBB6804621FACD1F6145318A37B0592 Well, my crappy laptop spazzed out so I had to use some healing items .-.

DB3955C044A336551338A41656A706491C1AD934

And since the Bone Armor's shield takes precedence, I kinda saved up on my crown usage... 1 nightmare fuel fills it up by 25%.

I'm planning on fighting the Shadow Weaver again, but I'll be doing it WITH a Shadow Stalker... maybe... I'll need another Shadow Atrium again though so I'll have to wait...

Maybe, just maybe, using the Thurible, I could reanimate the Shadow Stalker, lead it to the Atrium, build another odd skeleton, place the key and summon the Shadow Weaver? I'd love to see that fight, even though the Weaver might kick our butts... I'd be running around killing woven shadows and unseen hands and then getting locked in and maybe rebuild my guy from time to time... (took me a lot of life-giving amulets to solo the darn thing ;-;)

But I guess The Shadow Stalker can't go through a tentacle-tunnel... and maybe if you build one in the atrium, you're defaulted with the Weaver and can't give it the Shadow Atrium unless the key is in the portal :T

Ahh c'est la vie @u@

• Like 3

Actually yeah, the second I saw the death animation on this thread I thought that--YOU'RE not killing it!  Unless you summoned those things somehow. But how?  It's not explicitly said or symbolically shown anywhere in gameplay that you're capable of doing that, not even at that specific moment.  _Something else_ actually deals the killing blow, and what, why, who etc. is rather worrying...

And yeah, that armour totally looks like it's about to dig into you!  Wow.

Also YEESH to the idea of Charlie and Maxwell in Fifty Shades of Overused Meme.  I mean, sure, I semi-ship them, but Charlie's expression in that picture is kinda...not good.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

4 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

_Something else_ actually deals the killing blow, and what, why, who etc. is rather worrying...

Hmmmm... thorny vines... shadow magic... and roses...

Yep. I guess it's going to forever be a mystery on who is actually finishing off the Weaver.

• Like 3

Haha.  Actually for some weird reason I was thinking it was like, another monster...maybe a plant monster, yes..from even further down.  Like, "I TRUSTED YOU AS MY LOYAL SERVANT. NOW THAT YOU'RE LOSING TO THESE MERE MORTALS, I SHALL FINISH YOU OFF MYSELF AS PUNISHMENT (AND GET A NEW FLUNKY WHOOPS YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT)."

Also the vines may look thorny, but they're so _freaky_, with all these gaps in them, like they're in pieces.  I mean, more so than the average Don't Starve scribbly artwork.  If Charlie is doing this, I guess...either that monster isn't hers, or it is and she (They) care more about the adventurers being alive?  (And maybe her magic only KINDA reaches that far down under the earth...) But only once they've fought to a certain point...before that, it's okay for them to die.

...I should stop applying logic to gameplay mechanics, shouldn't I.

But the point is, I don't want to go with "Of course it's Charlie" for everything.  Sometimes it really IS something else behind things...

...Notorious

16 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@Asparagus could you perhaps telelocate the stalker into atrium zone after crafting him in the outside caves? Seems like the only way to do it, if it's possible at all.

Hmm, doesn't the telelocator staff function differently in the caves? Ashamed as I am, I have not made the telelocator focus in the caves because I just assumed that it would just make rocks fall from the ceilings instead of making a successful teleport :T

1 minute ago, Asparagus said:

Hmm, doesn't the telelocator staff function differently in the caves? Ashamed as I am, I have not made the telelocator focus in the caves because I just assumed that it would just make rocks fall from the ceilings instead of making a successful teleport :T

Oooh, right, I forgot about that. Well, in that case, if after going through the giant tentacle entrance you can't summon the stalker, using him in the fight will be impossible. Though I'd like to see a match between them if one is spawned near the other!

• Like 1

At first the skeletons attacked each other, then when I had to kill hands, I WAS BLOCKED BY SO MANY SKELETONS, They all died, so I used gunpowder. So, how many stuff does it take to kill fuelweaver? It takes...

Spoiler

70 reanimated skeletons and 500 gunpowder XD

20170328194441_1.jpg

20170328194627_1.jpg

20170328194815_1.jpg

20170328194854_1.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

At first the skeletons attacked each other, then when I had to kill hands, I WAS BLOCKED BY SO MANY SKELETONS, They all died, so I used gunpowder. So, how many stuff does it take to kill fuelweaver? It takes...

Eh

• Like 2