[Game Update] - (BETA) 211169

3 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

I doubt they'll add anything like that, the theme of ANR seems to be stuff you can only find out by looking online. How are you supposed to know using a full hammer on the stage hand gives a blueprint? How are you supposed to know to chase no-eyed deers into trees for their antlers? How are you supposed to know that the random cracks destroying your base are from the Antlion, who's on the other side of the map and you've never seen before? How are you supposed to know ANYTHING related to the shadow atrium?

With vanilla, RoG, and even Shipwrecked, you can figure out what's going on and how to do everything, even if it takes a lot of deaths. With ANR? How do you expect anyone to figure out, in order to get to the fuelweaver, you have to: repair the broken clockwork statues, fight them on a full moon, make their sculptures, put all three together and fight them on a new moon, gather fossils, kill the ancient guardian, kill a specific big tentacle and jump through the hole, navigate the atrium maze, put the ancient key into the gate, assemble the skeleton, and give it the shadow atrium.

None of this makes any sense, you can't figure it out without looking online or being told by other players.

Actually, you can have that all of that happen merely by coincidence. The broken statues are quite obviously needed to be fixed, since there are random broken heads and such. Also, a lot of things happen on full moon. One might go to the statues and think " It does nothing, maybe come back on full moon just like Glommer and the Moon Stone?" When you get the blueprints, you might one day decide to place them on the sculpting block and make the statues for decoration. Then one night, the statues start breaking and you hammer them, only to suddenly be fighting a few bosses. Not going to go over all of it, but you can actually learn about a lot of these things just from playing a lot. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Radax3 said:

The death animation of fuel weaver implies interesting things. Thorny vines springing up to hold it down, then the appearance of rose in end...

I think Charlie wants us to have the thurible (she made it from fuelweaver?), as Wickerbottom quote says. Perhaps, we will need to lead one of the reanimated skeletons somewhere? Or socket the thurible somewhere?

How about we try to socket the Thurible into the moon rock? Might work.

The only part that might lose people is the big tentacle part. After killing one and learning about the loot and ability to jump through the hole people might be less inclined to kill another one.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

I doubt they'll add anything like that, the theme of ANR seems to be stuff you can only find out by looking online.

The focus of the game since DS started was that you interact with the world and keep finding new ways to change it.
I don't think its looking online answers what the devs aim for, this is one of those games that delve into a ton of secrets, and only exploring, trial and error, and researching with friends make each new tiny discovery a big accomplishment.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 2

Just now, LePietatoLord said:

Well, they do respawn.

I know, I'm just saying that many people don't find killing them worth it. Maybe not all, but quite a few in my experience. Meaning if the first one doesn't transport someone, who doesn't know about the atrium, to the atrium, then that's it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

None of this makes any sense, you can't figure it out without looking online or being told by other players.

Yeah, before ANR is finished Klei needs to throw in a few hints for some important things. The stagehand seems fine as that's like an Easter egg... kinda. The deer are usually in forested areas so there's a good chance they'll run into some trees if you try to murder some of them. But for almost everything related to the atrium, there's needs to be a few hints ingame on what to do next.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I know, I'm just saying that many people don't find killing them worth it. Maybe not all, but quite a few in my experience. Meaning if the first one doesn't transport someone, who doesn't know about the atrium, to the atrium, then that's it.

I still think there should be some kind of portal in the ruins that leads to the atrium. It would be neat if there was a broken portal in the ruins that needed to be repaired by finding all the pieces. That way you'd need to actually explore the ruins. The atrium just doesn't feel like it's actually connected to the ruins right now other then it's aesthetics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, before ANR is finished Klei needs to throw in a few hints for some important things. The stagehand seems fine as that's like an Easter egg... kinda. The deer are usually in forested areas so there's a good chance they'll run into some trees if you try to murder some of them. But for almost everything related to the atrium, there's needs to be a few hints ingame on what to do next.

Good Morning!

I think their significance is only related to Klaus, but Klaus, Bee Queen and Toadstool all might be related to atrium, Stagehand...

Ummm....

I got nothing

But the toadstool might be more related since it is in the same level as the atrium. Perhaps each boss of ANR will drop something that would help with the place on the other side of the portal

Ex.

Bee Crown-An abundant amount of Sanity draining items

Funcaps-To maybe set up a base on the other side, or just to amass a big supply of mushrooms

Stag Antler-To unlock chests in the other side