[Game Update] - (BETA) 211169

The death animation of fuel weaver implies interesting things. Thorny vines springing up to hold it down, then the appearance of rose in end...

I think Charlie wants us to have the thurible (she made it from fuelweaver?), as Wickerbottom quote says. Perhaps, we will need to lead one of the reanimated skeletons somewhere? Or socket the thurible somewhere?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Asparagus said:

(Inb4 wes talks to describe what his desires are)

If they ever made Wes speak, his voice should be an extremely deep instrument. Like, deeper than Wolfgang's tuba. Then after he says it, he'd get a frightened expression and no longer talk, and examining the item again will have him pantomime as usual.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

If they ever made Wes speak, his voice should be an extremely deep instrument. Like, deeper than Wolfgang's tuba. Then after he says it, he'd get a frightened expression and no longer talk, and examining the item again will have him pantomime as usual.

They should make Wes's voice be the sound of a balloon noises and slowly being released of air as his death noise

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

I always imagined Wes's voice as a saxophone... I don't know why it just fit for some reason. Anyway is the Ancient Fuelweaver (New Boss) possible to solo, you know as Wes?

Edited by Astroknot
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Astroknot said:

I always imagined Wes's voice as a saxophone... I don't know why it just fit for some reason.

3 hours ago, JJburner said:

They should make Wes's voice be the sound of a balloon noises and slowly being released of air as his death noise

As much as I would like Wes to honestly have a voice. Considering Wes doesn't say anything no matter his pain or circumstance I think it's pretty safe to say Wes himself is mute and doesn't have a voice because he can't physically say anything. Though I would like him to have spefic or slight different animations when examining key items or people.

• Like 2

Well I don't think Wes should ever speak as it would ruin him as a character, but if he were to I imagine it as a saxophone.... or now an accordian. I do think Wes is a actual mute and its not because he is a mime that he does not speak. Maybe he chose a career as a mime because he was a mute and could not get a job in the theater? (Perhaps Wes and Wigfrid have linked backstories which we don't know about due to Wes being a mute and Wigfrid being a method actor?)

Edited by Astroknot
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

For all we know, Wes might be being silent on purpose. He might be hiding some extremely forbidden knowledge, and no one would ever know, cause he's the "perfect mime".

No, he has to be mute there is no way anyone could not say anything at all after witnessing something as monstrous as Deerclops or as unsettling as the Reanimated Skeleton. As for holding some kind of super important forbidden knowledge, I can see that being possible.

2 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

No, he has to be mute there is no way anyone could not say anything at all after witnessing something as monstrous as Deerclops or as unsettling as the Reanimated Skeleton. As for holding some kind of super important forbidden knowledge, I can see that being possible.

Wes might know more about the world than you think, maybe that's why he remains silent after unsettling events like that.

12 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

Wes might know more about the world than you think, maybe that's why he remains silent after unsettling events like that.

Personally I don't think so, but everyone has their own opinions so we wont know the truth until Klei reveals it hopefully in the near future. We also need to know what Wes's desire was to be lead to the world. They are many things we need answers too, like did Webber get eaten by the spider before being transported or after? Why is Woodie the only character who still carries a noticeable grudge against Maxwell? Why does Wilson appear to be one of the only characters with no connection to Maxwell whatsoever? Only Klei knows.

Edited by Astroknot

Just now, Zeklo said:

Same with Wigfrid being unable to break character.

There are a few quotes in which Wigfrid actually does break character, namely how things don't "fit her character", and referring to other things as a "stage". But for the most part she does try to keep character.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

There are a few quotes in which Wigfrid actually does break character, namely how things don't "fit her character", and referring to other things as a "stage". But for the most part she does try to keep character.

Good to know. I don't play em. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To me it's kinda like some of their traits got exaggerated in the DS world, like Willow being actually immune to fire or Wolfgang being so strong (and growing his head). But it doesn't really fit all of the characters, can't think of more connections like these.

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Astroknot said:

Why is Woodie the only character who still carries a noticeable grudge against Maxwell?

Maxwell seemed to know Lucy more intimately than we are aware. Maybe he knew Woodie too, and that's why the deception of being tricked by him hurt more?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Maslak said:

The huge watchers all around look really nice, as I seen in Volx's recent video. But these are just shadow watchers that we already know, just enlarged.

Made a post there very recently explaining how critical the shadow watcher is potentially to the plot.

• Like 1

I think there might be a way to tie in the theory that thulecite was created by some sort of interaction with the bug statues we see now and nightmare fuel, along with a theory about the ancients 

Also I'm not OK with the weaver being one giant pun. He equates everything to cloth and uses specifically adjectives related to cloth to describe dimensions and the world. Shot in the dark but maybe the fuelweaver is the person/part of a group that built the original portal, going off the theory that the world is like cloth. If a makeshift portal can teleport Wilson into Don't Starve, or summon more players just using wood and some blood, maybe thulecite and heavy duty nightmare fuel makes a portal that can transport large items/people/entire armies across dimensions. Or maybe even make a two way portal (since all of our current portals are one-way). Sounds like a recipe for an interdimensional empire, or a gateway big enough to let in *them* into the Don't Starve world. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Pirate hat(this isnt in dst and im too lazy to go through two sets of quotes)

ANNOUNCE_ENTER_DARK - "And the curtain falls."

BATCAVE - "They're hiding under the stage."

MULTIPLAYER_PORTAL - "It makes me long for the stage!"

MUSHTREE_TALL (BLOOM) - "An enthusiastic performance!"

MUSHTREE_MEDIUM (BLOOM) - "What a great effect!"

BUNDLEWRAP - "That's a wrap."

BEEFALO?(DOMESTICATED?) -Not sure this one counts- "The critter has finally learned its role."

RABBITHOLE (GENERIC, SPRING) - "Showtime, rabbits!" & "It must be intermission for the rabbits."

GEMSOCKET(VALID) - "Showtime!"

TOPHAT - "It doesn't match my costume."

That took way longer than I wanted it to

Edited by Weirdobob
for those of you that know me, you'd know just how much wigfrid's broken quotes bug me
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Perhaps a quote when hitting them in this state to hint at it?

I doubt they'll add anything like that, the theme of ANR seems to be stuff you can only find out by looking online. How are you supposed to know using a full hammer on the stage hand gives a blueprint? How are you supposed to know to chase no-eyed deers into trees for their antlers? How are you supposed to know that the random cracks destroying your base are from the Antlion, who's on the other side of the map and you've never seen before? How are you supposed to know ANYTHING related to the shadow atrium?

With vanilla, RoG, and even Shipwrecked, you can figure out what's going on and how to do everything, even if it takes a lot of deaths. With ANR? How do you expect anyone to figure out, in order to get to the fuelweaver, you have to: repair the broken clockwork statues, fight them on a full moon, make their sculptures, put all three together and fight them on a new moon, gather fossils, kill the ancient guardian, kill a specific big tentacle and jump through the hole, navigate the atrium maze, put the ancient key into the gate, assemble the skeleton, and give it the shadow atrium.

None of this makes any sense, you can't figure it out without looking online or being told by other players.

• Like 11