[Game Update] - (BETA) 211169

I overloaded the boss with gunpowder... it died (600)

Drops thurible thing, which is fueled by nightmare fuel along with fossils, and nightmare fuel in a circle and a rose in the middle

The portal stays on but ancient beacons go off, stays on for awhile then key disappears, you cant use portal for awhile

If you stop attacking, it will take out key from gateway

Only known use for thurible is bragging rights

20170323112151_1.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Ancient Fuelweaver (Control / Gate / Shield / Spike / Taunt + Battlecry Strings)

Reveal hidden contents

stalker_atrium_control.gif stalker_atrium_gate.gif stalker_atrium_shield.gif stalker_atrium_spike.gif stalker_atrium_taunt.gif

Battlecry Strings:

STALKER_ATRIUM_BATTLECRY = 
    {
        "A pity.",
        "You will not suffer.",
        "It must be this way.",
        "My world... threadbare.",
        "My city... in tatters...",
        "This will be quick.",
        "How we've fallen."
    },
    STALKER_ATRIUM_PLAYER_BATTLECRY =
    {
        "You will fall as we did.",
        "This is for the best.",
        "You will be unraveled.",
        "They are coming. It cannot be stopped.",
        "This world's fabric is frayed and torn.",
        "They are unfathomable.",
        "I will save you."
    },

Holy crap! That thing is one of the ancients that lived there!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Instant-Noodles said:
  1. stalker_atrium_spike.gif
        STALKER_ATRIUM_BATTLECRY = 
        {
            "A pity.",
            "You will not suffer.",
            "It must be this way.",
            "My world... threadbare.",
            "My city... in tatters...",
            "This will be quick.",
            "How we've fallen."
        },
        STALKER_ATRIUM_PLAYER_BATTLECRY =
        {
            "This is for the best.",
            "You will be unraveled.",
            "I will save you."
        },
  3. stalker_minion_idle.gifstalker_minion2_idle.gif
  1. OH boy, that pink one doesn't look or sound friendly...
  2. "His city in tatters"? He didn't know about what happened? Wait, "World's fabric"? More portals?
  3. DAAAAAAAAw, they're so cute! Look at dat bone spidah, eetsocoooot! Eeetssmiling! That walking skull thing is pretty cool too.
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm not so sure about that. It seems more like it was just adept at using and manipulating the fuel.

Fair. Though I think it's safe to say he is far from an example of a normal civ citizen from clues
Yes?

• Like 1

The new ruins skeleten provide quite a bit of knowledge about the ancient's lore.

*Here's what we now know from the quotes*

The entire world of DS is much more expansive than we first thought. Many places *I presume, Dimensions* Are 'unable to be explored'.

We have a skeleton of the ancient species, and a rough outline of one.

We now know exactly why nightmare fuel led to their demise: It was used so often it became unaffective.

A small bit of info on 'them', from a single quote.

They are coming. And you cannot stop them.

Spooooooky.

Also, it warmed by clue-seeking lore fixing self again.

• Like 5

Yes, yes! Delicious lore!

Also, I wonder, why is the world's fabric "frayed and torn". Was it always like that naturally or has something caused it to become like that? And what does this state of the world spell for our heroes?

Edited by Zhuzha
  • Like 9

A skeleton that regenerates health by consuming these spider things, has the ability to cloak itself in shadows, the portal, the quotes...

Why am I thinking of The Burning Legion as "Them", The Shadow Weaver as Kel'Thuzad (a reverse version and instead of ice, it's shadows)

16014-7072320817-kel_t.jpg

OVERALL I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST NEED MOOOOAAAAARRRR <3 OMG I'M GETTING ADDICTED TO DS LORE O__O

Hear me out, now we know that the Ancient Civilization were both magically and technologically advanced which is proven by their Military Zones filled with the now broken and decrepit Clockwork Automatons... now if I remember correctly, these things when aiding the player CAN fight off nightmares shown here in the old DS official update "A Moderately Friendly Update" at mark 1:29

Now, coming back to the Quotes by the Shadow Weaver, he hints at inter-dimensional travel by the portal and how it has torn the world apart:

They may not be the actual Burning Legion of Warcraft BUT they do operate on the same level (for the sake of this theory at least)... The Shadow Weaver, when close to the Portal regains its memories and tries to stop the portal from activating again... It regains its memories the closer it is to the portal; the magics and anguish it felt must be infused in its very being and that's why we see him having different forms... from the feral yet peaceful Forest form, to the confused and pained Shadow Stalker and the coherent and sentient Weaver...

Circling back to the Clockworks, they were created to FIGHT off the nightmares that were once a source of power for the ancient civilization... they could harness THEIR power but they did not fully comprehend nor know of the limits and/or lack of limits they have destroying them...

And how does Charlie fit into this? My guess, her all-knowing smile... the fact that her two sides, the Shadow and the Human have become one... she has achieved total clarity... her actions are not random... she is actively changing the game so to speak... to prepare the puppets/pieces for a grand battle... she is equipping them for war... the portal summons this world's survivors to be its champions... a band of lost souls... an army of Wolfgangs, Wigfrids, Wickerbottoms, Wendy's...she pulls them in... preparing them for battle... providing weaponry, tools, and crafts... O__O

Edited by Asparagus
stuff
  • Like 14

Did some testing, and I found out the purpose of the Shadow Thurible. If you hold it next to one of the animated skeletons, they follow you without attacking you. Haven't tested it out with the Ruins one, but I assume it works for him too. Quick note, Woodie examines the Shadow Thurible by saying, " Someone's trying to give us a leg up" Possibly Charlie wants to help?

• Like 11

I'm really interested in the reanimated skeleton's form's looks. The surface form resembles the original bones near perfect aside from the moss. The cave form's horns bend inward and the bones look purple and almost melted. Then lastly the atrium form's horns are bent inward further and the bones look like the strange brown material we see in the atrium and partly on the normal ruins statue.

It begs the questions as to the fossils condition. It starts off normal and gets changed the closer to the atrium we go. We find the fossil pieces in the normal state meaning it wasn't exposed yet. Unless the changes can revert or something.

Just something to think about.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LePietatoLord said:

Was messing around, and it seems that every character seems to describe/smell the Shadow Thurible differently. Maxwell smells it as roses, Wilson smells it as chemicals, and Willow smells it as burnt hair.

Sounds like the nightmare fuel spurns aspirations depending on character?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LePietatoLord said:

Was messing around, and it seems that every character seems to describe/smell the Shadow Thurible differently. Maxwell smells it as roses, Wilson smells it as chemicals, and Willow smells it as burnt hair.

Your profile picture fits perfectly for what you just posted.

• Like 15

If the smell symbolizes what the characters desire (sorta: Wilson-Science Willow-Fire Maxwell-I guess Charlie?) then that is why the Skeletons like it.

Wendy's seems more realistic and sees it for what it truly is, an ember that burns with the stuff of nightmares.

• Like 4