[Game Update] (Preview Branch)- 210162

2 hours ago, Risu said:

Glad to see that Duplicants are no longer ElementChunks of Duplicant. Actually have a Creature element for creatures now.

Sad to see the ElementConverter still lacks serialization on accumulatedTime so losing a tiny bit of mass every save and reload.

That is why was a "duplicant" item in the paint-debug tool?

If it isn't serialised, then how it gets calculated?

The combination of Overheating and autorepair is biting me in the ass.

The Super computer runs so hot it damages itself in 5 seconds even turned of and in Ice biome. Then someone runs there to autorepair only for it to damage itself again.

EDIT: immediately found out the repair can be canceled and is not picked again

20170315231126_1.jpg

Edited by Vilda
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, qb. said:

1st thing I've noticed is that after fresh start there is a load of hatches. I mean huge load in starting biome. I have 8 of them and still counting. Is it coincindence or intended thing?

Probably temporary solution for hatch population drowning after first game load bug. Because it’s not fixed yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Octyabr said:

That is why was a "duplicant" item in the paint-debug tool?

If it isn't serialised, then how it gets calculated?

It doesn't get calculated. 0 at load.

EDIT: Rechecked the convert mass method and it was actually completely rewritten. It now consumes no mass until it's ready to dump out the output. So now it only potentially wastes time. Not really subject to mass loss now.

Edited by Risu

I've played 3 bases with Mealwood Farm as food supply. It was sustainable because when they died they dropped a mealwood seed so I could plant it again. With the Thermal Upgrade they no longer give me the seed.

And does the fertilizer have any use now?

Captura de pantalla (37).png

1 hour ago, morenss said:

I've played 3 bases with Mealwood Farm as food supply. It was sustainable because when they died they dropped a mealwood seed so I could plant it again. With the Thermal Upgrade they no longer give me the seed.

And does the fertilizer have any use now?

Captura de pantalla (37).png

i wonder if this is intended or bug... =/ losing seeds is ...wew

17 minutes ago, chestnutcute said:

i wonder if this is intended or bug... =/ losing seeds is ...wew

Intended from what we were told by someone at Klei on the unofficial discord.  It makes sense honestly.  Meallice was too good as a source of renewable food.  So good in fact, that a majority of people never even made Licebars out of it.  The update now requires that you either utilize cooking or you grow Blossoms as your primary food sources.  It also encourages you to make Licebars from the Meallice you do get, as it doubles the calories gained from the harvests.

Each of these provide their own challenges regarding sustainability, which is definitely much more interesting then essentially ignoring food.

• Like 3

Just now, Ecu said:

Intended from what we were told by someone at Klei on the unofficial discord.  It makes sense honestly.  Meallice was too good as a source of renewable food.  So good in fact, that a majority of people never even made Licebars out of it.  The update now requires that you either utilize cooking or you grow Blossoms as your primary food sources.  It also encourages you to make Licebars from the Meallice you do get, as it doubles the calories gained from the harvests.

Each of these provide their own challenges regarding sustainability, which is definitely much more interesting then essentially ignoring food.

Well...if that is the case , blossoms also dies off too =/ which doesnt make any sense at all lol.

Or do blossoms not die off like those mealwood?

1 minute ago, Ecu said:

MEh, screw that... if they made it harder to farm, fine. But now meal lice is not renewable at all, and that's BS.

• Like 1

Just now, chestnutcute said:

Well...if that is the case , blossoms also dies off too =/ which doesnt make any sense at all lol.

Or do blossoms not die off like those mealwood?

Blossoms supposedly give seeds when eaten, making them renewable.  I haven't gotten to testing this myself, but it was mentioned by the same Klei rep.

Just now, StormHUN said:

MEh, screw that... if they made it harder to farm, fine. But now meal lice is not renewable at all, and that's BS.

Ever seen a plant where you cant get back their seeds? luls , im just really confused right now cos it is too illogical =/ but thanks for info ~ cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ecu said:

Blossoms supposedly give seeds when eaten, making them renewable.  I haven't gotten to testing this myself, but it was mentioned by the same Klei rep.

OH they do? then thats great , no issue at all =) no wonder i see bunch of seeds lying at my colony's mess table. Though my colony is doomed..i just realized them disappearing too late , thought it was some bug =(

o7.jpg

CHANGING FOOD SOURCE TO BLOSSOMS...

Edited by chestnutcute
  • Like 1

Just now, jerseyjunior said:

mealwood is renewable but requires micromanagement - plant mealwood, harvest twice, then dig it up and you save the seed.

Which again is nonsense. I had a hard enough time with clean water and oxygen, now this too? Klei, please, think this over again...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StormHUN said:

There are other methods to acquiring food in the game.  Allowing you to only rely on Meallice did not really give much of a challenge, whereas the other food sources are more challenging to keep up (dirt sustainability requires manipulating physics mechanics).

2 minutes ago, chestnutcute said:

Ever seen a plant where you cant get back their seeds? luls , im just really confused right now cos it is too illogical =/ but thanks for info ~ cheers

You don't actually really eat the Mealwood though.  You're growing critters on a wood like alien plant that you then eat.  It is reasonable to say that you can only create a few creatures before the colony dies off.

A more sensible way of making mealwood harder would be for example, having to "craft" seeds by sacrificing some of the harvested lice. It could even require a building that uses power, or something like that. But the no-seed-at-all solution doesn't look good, or make sense at all.

Just now, StormHUN said:

A more sensible way of making mealwood harder would be for example, having to "craft" seeds by sacrificing some of the harvested lice. It could even require a building that uses power, or something like that. But the no-seed-at-all solution doesn't look good, or make sense at all.

hint hint , use blossoms now =/ they want you to manage the temperature between 12-22.5 ~