[Game Update] - (BETA) 209567

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

Shadow Thurible

Reveal hidden contents

thurible.png  thurible.gif

Ancient Gateway - New Animations (Explode / Overload x3)

Reveal hidden contents

atrium_gateexplode.gif atrium_gateoverload1.gif atrium_gateoverload2.gif atrium_gateoverload3.gif

Cave Hole

Reveal hidden contents

cave_hole.gif

Fossil Fragments - New Designs

Reveal hidden contents

fossil_piece01.png fossil_piece02.png fossil_piece03.png fossil_piece04.png

For reference, here are the original designs from the Arts & Crafts Update back in October 2016 (all but one of these designs are no longer in game):

fossil_piece1.gif fossil_piece2.gif fossil_piece3.gif fossil_piece4.gif fossil_piece5.gif fossil_piece6.gif fossil_piece7.gif

What newfangled update that I've never heard of added in that stuff!!!

Edited by aukingiii

Because the thing I am going to ask its from this update I guess I'll just ask here. (Also don't know if someone already answered this before)

I got a world from before this update came and I can't find any of those cave holes,do they randomly generate or do I have to do the regeneration comand in order to find them?

17 minutes ago, Wexton said:

Because the thing I am going to ask its from this update I guess I'll just ask here. (Also don't know if someone already answered this before)

I got a world from before this update came and I can't find any of those cave holes,do they randomly generate or do I have to do the regeneration comand in order to find them?

17 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

The cave hole retrofitting hasn't been done yet, should in the next update.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WiggyWolf said:
  Hide contents

thurible

And no idea what it is used for. Anyone know?

They said on stream they would add something to guide the Surface Stalker around, maybe it is for that? I tried on a test world but it didn't worked, so maybe it isn't for that or they didn't added a funcionality for it yet.

4 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

They said on stream they would add something to guide the Surface Stalker around, maybe it is for that? I tried on a test world but it didn't worked, so maybe it isn't for that or they didn't added a funcionality for it yet.

Do you know how to acquire it?

1 hour ago, MatheusR31 said:

I believe too that it will be some kind of guide for the Stalker, at least some of the quotes suggest that: 

Spoiler

"IT IS BAIT FOR A DUMB BEAST" (WX-78)

"Is for monster control." (Wolfgang)

Actually, I was really surpriced that Wolfgang has such a well-spoken quote, as he isn't the mastermind of the team and the most of the others are just saying something about the smell of the thurible. I also find it really interesting that every character smells something different, Willow burnt hair, Wilson some chemicals, Maxwell roses...

I think someone mentioned that the Shadow Thurible hasn't been added yet, only some of its files, but I'm  not entirely sure.

I have also a question, 

Spoiler

in the speech files there is a so-called "ATRIUM_OVERGROWTH". Has anyone any idea what that is?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

in the speech files there is a so-called "ATRIUM_OVERGROWTH". Has anyone any idea what that is?

It's the ancient obelisk found in the Atrium. It has a strong insanity aura for those who need to go insane (or sane with the beequeen hat).

• Like 7

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, brbrmensch said:

wicker too?

btw, it's actually devs' error, even though i know, it'd require additional track of crafted items and not just learned recipe, and if the game doesn't have it (i suppose it does not, because why would it) it's either let every already existed wicker give the recipe or take it away regardless whether she crafted one or not

didn't try to offend anyone, only wanted to point that out

Yes, in fact Wicker is the only one affected.  My other account playing Wigfrid still knows the recipe.

46 minutes ago, justacpa said:

Yes, in fact Wicker is the only one affected.  My other account playing Wigfrid still knows the recipe.

It's something to do with the fact that Wickerbottom is a tier up when it comes to science. Since she never needed to prototype Bundled Wrap, she simply didn't. Therefore, causing her to be the only character unable to craft it without the blueprint in existing worlds.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, Sumwan said:

That could actually be the case, both me and my friend were playing as Wicker.

Just wanted to report a bug on the bundling wrap thing.  After the update I could no longer make the bundling wrap even though I had learned it before.

Yep I had been playing as Wickerbottom as well.