Sign in to follow this  
V2C

[Game Update] - Heart of the Ruins (BETA 207966)

Maslak    4288

So, about those sand and glass decorations. As usually, I said some stuff without checking it out myself. The sand ones are the larger ones spawned by antlion. They turn into smaller, glass versions after being burned. Only glass thingies can be used as decoration. It has nothing to do with hot thermal stone. Sorry for misinformation :F

• Like 2

Zeklo    18235

So more on my earlier stated theory.

Spoiler

So if the statues are the bodies that the ancients left behind...

The Stalker kind of supports this. When it is revived, the bones are corrupted, and when you hit them it sounds metallic almost. While not exactly the same, it could very well mean that Thulecite was corrupted in a similar way. Once being part of a lifeform—in this case the ancients.

All speculation of course.

• Like 1

WiggyWolf    18
1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

The clockwork should be respawning, but if you killed them all before they will probably be not quite in the right place (they will respawn near Nightmare Lights). Statues and thulecite walls will not respawn.

They should only respawn when using the console command, but that said, i just fixed a bug that caused them to respawn every time the world loads... :? so.. that's why you ended up with everything respawning. 

Thanks! Yeah I did kill all of the clockwerks before and all of the monkeys. That's why the splumonkey pods are currently in odd places, like there is one right beside the ancient guardian.

How about the Atrium area? Should I use the console ruins reset command to be able to access this or is there a way for me to access it already? You don't need to tell me the way to access it:) I just want to know if it is possible right now without using the console command.

__orange    176

@Maslak @Arlesienne @AFatCat

DST Thermodynamics

You can heat up a Thermal Stone during summer, or cool down in winter. But it is hard.

The working principle of Thermal Stone depend on the range of Thermal Stone.
The range of Thermal Stone depend on the temperature differential between itself and environment.

Range 1 (frozen) : 30 lower than environment, work as a -10 cold source.
Range 2 (cold) : 10 lower than environment, work as a +10 cold source.
Range 3 (normal) : 10 lower to 10 higher than environment, not work.
Range 4 (warm) : 10 higher than environment, work as a +40 heat source.
Range 5 (hot) : 30 higher than environment, work as a +60 heat source, emit light.

Now you can see why it is possible but hard to heat up a Thermal Stone during summer.

It is funny that a Thermal Stone which temperature is higher than you can cool you down. But it is true in DST thermodynamics.

Edited by __orange
  • Like 4

__orange    176
4 minutes ago, UnknowX said:

Some information on the Antilion:

Loot: 4x meat, 8x dessert stone, 3x stone, 2x trinkets (may include "beach toy"), 1x "lazy desserter" blue prints

Should be 4x meat, 6-8x dessert stone, 2-4x rocks, 2x trinkets, 1x blue print.

Sinister_Fang    9262
21 minutes ago, UnknowX said:

I think it would be good if he could get more HP (like double or triple)

I think the reason it has low health is because people were complaining about it being yet another raid boss. And with the low health it also makes it so it's pretty reasonable to fight it for the people who play solo or aren't all that experienced.

Although what we really need now is some incentive to actually reward the people who do decide to keep it around. Why keep it happy when you can just kill it and stop it's summer rampage?

• Like 3

Maslak    4288

So he gets freezed after eating thermal stone. We all know that feeling after swallowing a large chunk of ice cream, ouch.
But what when you feed him a hot one?

UnknowX    84
36 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Although what we really need now is some incentive to actually reward the people who do decide to keep it around. Why keep it happy when you can just kill it and stop it's summer rampage?

Now that you mention it, I think it would be better to make him the "de facto" summer giant. He is already exclusive to summer, has a reasonable health (compared to other seasonal giants) and can be soloed or avoided if necessary. but I still wish the Antlion's Loot was more unique if you killed it. I still stand by my "solo Lazy desserter idea". The item you need to make it work could be a drop if you killed it. since the dessert stones are implied to be like hair balls/owl pellets (or something that's the result of feeding him),we could get a more refined version of it.

• Like 2

Zeklo    18235

So, more speculation came from some chatting with some peeps. Might stimulate some new thoughts.

Currently you can't revive the stalker in the ruins or the surface. What if location matters? What if it determines these "forms" it's gonna have?

Perhaps then there will be a cave form, ruins form, and atrium form. Maybe even a surface form, but that's a stretch.

• Like 1

Sinister_Fang    9262
13 minutes ago, UnknowX said:

we could get a more refined version of it.

A more refined version would actually be orange gems according to Maxwell.

TOWNPORTALTALISMAN =
        {
            GENERIC = "An impure orange gem."

• Like 4

Zeklo    18235
5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

A more refined version would actually be orange gems according to Maxwell.

TOWNPORTALTALISMAN =
        {
            GENERIC = "An impure orange gem."

This, the fact that the gate key has a symbol that, seems, to resemble a lion, and how the antlion creates sand structures similar to the Pseudoscience Station seems awfully fishy.

Intriguing.

• Like 4

Sinister_Fang    9262
1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

This, the fact that the gate key has a symbol that, seems, to resemble a lion, and how the antlion creates sand structures similar to the Pseudoscience Station seems awfully fishy.

Intriguing.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. The Antlion seems to be connected to the ruins somehow...

• Like 1

Zeklo    18235
4 minutes ago, Maslak said:

The key looks like some flexing, circular thing ;_:

Flexing or...

um.png.b6e64d13485c3363ebd110f7cf38fedb.

Pincers?

Edit - Or horns. That would align with the Stalker dropping it in the future.

The possibilities are endless x_x

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2

CarlZalph    4093

Something to note is that the stalker breaks trees down like giants do, and has a very easy range to cause a de-aggro.

Makes him a great servant for bustin' down giant cavern forests.

UnknowX    84

Info on the Reanimated Odd Skeleton:

Health: 4000HP

Damage: 100HP (Skull bash)

Loot: 4-6x Fossil fragments, 2x Nightmare fuel, 1x Shadow atrium

Rebuild an Odd Skeleton (8x Fossils fragments) and "give" it the Shadow Atrium. It wil walk slowly towards you, remove its Skull and hit you with it. Once half its life is gone, he will become enraged and summon bones spikes from the ground (no damage) to trap you in place, then get near you and skull bash you again, then the bone spikes will fade allowing you to get away, then he will summon them again and repeat all the sequence. It seams you can't escape been trap by the bone spikes (no modifiers), but maybe you can telepoof out of them. Does not take fire damage (Since It seems to be in fire already).

Quite a cool looking boss. Kite it before he becomes enraged and tank it when he summon the bone spikes (forget trying to running). He also gives you the Shadow atrium back after you defeat it, but can't say the same about the fossil fragments (always less that what you expend), so I would suggest not using them yet, as his loot will be updated soon, and fossil fragments are not renewable (for now).