Creating/Using Translation Files [Updated August 22nd, 2017]

On 26. 2. 2017 at 11:54 PM, timikx said:

Hi, I have a problem with poEdit.

It is adding quotation marks to places where it findes the line breakers but that is making the lines unreadeble by the game. 

I don't know how to deal with that (except manual editing in notepad++) can you help me? thanks

here is example:

the original line:

#. STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.AWAITINGCOMPOSTFLIP.TOOLTIP
msgctxt "STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.AWAITINGCOMPOSTFLIP.TOOLTIP"
msgid "Compost must be flipped periodically to produce <style=\"solid\">Fertilizer</style>"

changed line:

msgid ""

"Compost must be flipped periodically to produce <style=\"solid\">Fertilizer</"

"style>"

Hi, talked with dev of Poedit and he said that the Poedit is making standarded PO file (line splitting is usual behavior) but problem is that the game is not implemeted in a way that it can read it.
Anyway I managed to unwrap most of wraped lines (splitted lines) with program gettext 
( https://mlocati.github.io/articles/gettext-iconv-windows.html )

with command line (Command Prompt - cmd)
msgcat strings.po > strings2.po --no-wrap

- msgcat is part of gettext
- strings.po - file with wraped lines
- strings2.po - newly made file with unwrapped lines

But the lines that contains "/n" still stay wrapped and so far I didn't find easy way how to unwrap it without manual editing in notepad++.

Edited by timikx

• Developer
20 hours ago, kookoo_gr said:

Hi, i am translating the game in Greek but i am facing a small problem. When i start the game the translated text is displayed with squares, i think there must be some incompatibility with the fonts, any advice?

Klei is working on adding custom fonts to the game, don't worry. (Not completely sure if they'll add Greek fonts, though...)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ener156 said:

wie mache ich das das das spiel übersetzt wird ich habe es nach anleitung gemacht aber das spiel bleibt bei mir aauf englisch

Genau so wie es i m ersten Post steht. Mit PoEdit das sample editieren, speichern als strings.po im Mod Ordner. Fertig.

Du hast ein 100% Deutsch File bereits?

7 hours ago, diemuhkuh said:

Genau so wie es i m ersten Post steht. Mit PoEdit das sample editieren, speichern als strings.po im Mod Ordner. Fertig.

Du hast ein 100% Deutsch File bereits?

dachte ich zuerst aber es ist nur zum teil übersetzt das hauptmenue ist nicht übersetzt deswegen dachte ich es ging nicht 

• Developer
On 2/27/2017 at 1:20 AM, AcidSeth said:

Cheers @Cheerio, can we get some official words on the unicode characters issue? Will they be implemented or is it just not possible? Should we make the translations without those characters?

Today's hotfix added support for a bunch of unicode characters. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

• Like 2

On 28. 2. 2017 at 6:19 AM, timikx said:

the lines that contains "/n" still stay wrapped and so far I didn't find easy way how to unwrap it without manual editing in notepad++.

If you want to fast get rid of the wrapping (splitted lines) you can do it with some text editor that can locate special symbols like end of paragraph, you can in bulk unwrap all lines.

I did it in MS Word like this:

a) First make copy of the translated file (strings.po), then open the copied file in Notepad and delete first several lines until the line that starts with the hashtag symbol - # (in my file it with 15 lines), Then save it and open this file in MS Word (without this step MS Word is not Able to open the file)
b) use replace function and insert these 4 symbols in the Find box: "^p" (^p = end of paragraph in MS Word) and to the Replace box type nothing and that click Replace All, save it and close MS Word.
c) open the original file in Notepad, copy to the clipboad first several lines you deleted in step a), open the copied file in Notepad and paste these lines at the begining of the copied file and save it.

Now you have fully unwrapped file that will work in the game.

Edited by timikx

Последний патч поддерживает русский язык!

Информация по локализации :p: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874932276

UPD: Баги в отображении локализации все же пока еще есть, но начало положено, ждем фикса отправленных репортов :)

Edited by O.n.y

1 hour ago, Maxx78rus said:

22fc9640f60ct.jpg

Cyrilic isn't in the right place. it is below the frame it should be. Can you fix it? Also you can notice  squares in the left bottom corner.

a) don't mean to sound snarky, but could've you made a screenshot with LESS resolution? Maybe around 240 on long side?

b) it's a very first pass on the non-english symbols in ONI from devs.

This stuff isn't that fast. Fonts themself a bit shaky, placing is all over the, hm, place. Some stuff don't even use translated lines - just the original ones. So be patient. 

And btw - after devs will finish with all this - translators will have to edit their work so it will fit nicely. So we are quite some distance from an actually usable and nice translation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Today's hotfix added support for a bunch of unicode characters. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

thq very much , hope all players of the world have their own language version.can't wait to see the update.