Creating/Using Translation Files [Updated August 22nd, 2017]

And here the French Translation by Napo and me! maybe you can see some error, please send me a message to notify me!

Et voilà la traduction française par Napo et moi! Peut être vous verrez encore quelques erreurs, si c'est le cas prévenez moi!

Et sinon pour vous tenir au courant des mises à jours sur la traduction (car il y en a encore on bouche les derniers trous) c'est ici que ça se passe:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/457140/discussions/0/133258092248429221/

strings.po

Edited by vandryel
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TheNapo said:

Some translations seem to not be used by the game. For exemple, the translation of some .DESC : the descriptions of the objects are still in English !

That's the same for the text of STRINGS.MISC.NOTIFICATIONS.BASICCONTROLS.MESSAGEBODY

Is it the same for you ?

We found our problem on the FR file :  the structure of the .po was broken, probably because of multi-access on the same file. We needed to use Notepad++ to repair the file. Now, it works fine :) 

2 hours ago, TheNapo said:

We found our problem on the FR file :  the structure of the .po was broken, probably because of multi-access on the same file. We needed to use Notepad++ to repair the file. Now, it works fine :) 

POEDIT breaks the line after 80 characters. You can disable it here: File>Preferences>Advanced unmark Wrap.

Once disabled, the line will be reformatted automatically, so no file should be broken.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveTapir said:

POEDIT breaks the line after 80 characters. You can disable it here: File>Preferences>Advanced unmark Wrap.

Once disabled, the line will be reformatted automatically, so no file should be broken.

Thanks a lot :)

3 hours ago, RadioactiveTapir said:

Not work.

Edited by Kiwiutek

6 hours ago, igor_eremei said:

Русский перевод готов) осталось ждать шрифты)

Вы с Они переводите? https://github.com/O-n-y/Oxygen-Not-Included---Russian-Translation

Боюсь спросить что со шрифтами? Не могу проверить сейчас, но видимо не дружат с кириллицей?

6 hours ago, timikx said:

40% of czech translation. It is mostly playeble with this, so you can try it if you want.

40% českého překladu. Dá se s tím hrát, takže to můžete vyzkoušet jestli chcete.

strings.po

Hi, I have a problem with poEdit.

It is adding quotation marks to places where it findes the line breakers but that is making the lines unreadeble by the game. 

I don't know how to deal with that (except manual editing in notepad++) can you help me? thanks

here is example:

the original line:

#. STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.AWAITINGCOMPOSTFLIP.TOOLTIP
msgctxt "STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.AWAITINGCOMPOSTFLIP.TOOLTIP"
msgid "Compost must be flipped periodically to produce <style=\"solid\">Fertilizer</style>"

changed line:

msgid ""

"Compost must be flipped periodically to produce <style=\"solid\">Fertilizer</"

"style>"

20 hours ago, SealOfTheTime said:

Ребят, давайте жить дружно! Перевод на гитхабе закончен на 95% Если вы желаете внести правки, не стесняйтесь их пул реквестить. Так называемая Мадам отлично справилась с организацией работы. К сожалению, не все переводчики, заявившие о своем участии, обладают достаточным знанием обоих языков, потому и необходима помощь сообщества. В конце концов ссорится из-за волонтёрства довольно глупая идея. по моему мнению. Github

Доброго времени суток. Хотел бы присоединиться к работе над локализацией. Есть ли еще места и ведется ли еще работа над ней?

Edited by Zephyr41k

10 hours ago, Reninha said:

I don't own the game, but I do want to help you.
How can I translate with you guys?

Depends, you can join a team that shares and edits it on GitHub or something or use this file that was uploaded here and start a translation yourself. What's your language?

On 23/2/2017 at 8:37 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

Here you go! :D

strings_template.pot

2 hours ago, AcidSeth said:

Cheers @Cheerio, can we get some official words on the unicode characters issue? Will they be implemented or is it just not possible? Should we make the translations without those characters?

thats the reason i posted two days ago, no fonts in game core. nothing we can do just wait

6 hours ago, Astrild said:

Вы переводите с Они? https://github.com/O-n-y/Oxygen-Not-Included---Russian-Translation

Боюсь спросить что со шрифтами? Не могу проверить сейчас, но видимо не дружат с кириллицей?

Нет) я  сделал собственный русификатор)

@Cheeriooh dear! i got some problems with translation.i already translated whole template.pot, n find sth. wrong.

Like this QQ图片20170227223649.png

QQ图片20170227223656.png

QQ图片20170227223705.png

QQ图片20170227223708.png

QQ图片20170302012404.png

those words hav'nt been in strings_template.pot  ,i m sure i translated all into chinese.

may i ask for that pot update pack?

Edited by deloquac
need post more imformation

10 hours ago, Astrild said:

Вы с Они переводите? https://github.com/O-n-y/Oxygen-Not-Included---Russian-Translation

Квадратики там вместо кириллицы, я же отписывал корейцу уже. Попытался потестить свой перевод, а там квадратики одни.

9 hours ago, Zephyr41k said:

Доброго времени суток. Хотел бы присоединиться к работе над локализацией. Есть ли еще места и ведется ли еще работа над ней?

Первоначальный перевод практически готов (ждем сдачи последней 1000 одного человека). Теперь будет стадия правок и коррекции - будем рады Вашей помощи, всю информацию можно найти на гите :)

https://github.com/O-n-y/Oxygen-Not-Included---Russian-Translation

Для тестирования в игре, ждем пока разработчики добавят поддержку UTF-8 и русского языка, есть надежда что в одном из следующих билдов ^^.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, timikx said:

Hi, I have a problem with poEdit.

It is adding quotation marks to places where it findes the line breakers but that is making the lines unreadeble by the game. 

I don't know how to deal with that (except manual editing in notepad++) can you help me? thanks

here is example:

the original line:

#. STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.AWAITINGCOMPOSTFLIP.TOOLTIP
msgctxt "STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.AWAITINGCOMPOSTFLIP.TOOLTIP"
msgid "Compost must be flipped periodically to produce <style=\"solid\">Fertilizer</style>"

changed line:

msgid ""

"Compost must be flipped periodically to produce <style=\"solid\">Fertilizer</"

"style>"

18 hours ago, Kiwiutek said:

Not work.

At now it seems that there are two problems with POEdit or whatever:

1.) POEdits default behaviour to breake lines at 80 chars. You can get rid of it in the preferences. This is the soultion for some of the problems. For example the translation of "STRINGS.UI.DEVELOPMENTBUILDS.ALPHA.MESSAGES.BODY" not shown correctly.

2.) this line

msgid ""

for example in STRINGS.UI.DEVELOPMENTBUILDS.ALPHA.LOADING.BODY leads to POEdit brekaing up the lines in some weird behaviour, regardless of wether the wrapping option in POEdit is set or not.

Edited by RadioactiveTapir