Cheerio

Creating/Using Translation Files [Updated August 22nd, 2017]

Ozcuraz    31

In QoL II they change description of "Water Geyser" from emitting Steam to Water.

#. STRINGS.CREATURES.SPECIES.GEYSER.HOT_WATER.DESC

I do not have any Water Geyser in my current game. Can anyone help me confirm that the above description is true in QoL II?

Edited by Ozcuraz
swap element. sry.

Worek    0
Posted (edited)

Hello, I am almost closing Polish translation, since current ones on steam are highly unacceptable.
And since I started half a year ago - just doing this every once in a while - I was still working with <link="***"> so now just proofing it will take me another day or two and then I still have another 20% to do or so

Edited by Worek
reading through entire thread

Worek    0

There goes full polish, pop culture accurate translation. Good for checking for any misspelling and style problems. I'm also throwing it to steam workshop - friend only for some "free" testing ;)

Poszukuję nieścisłości oraz literówek, jeśli ktoś jest zainteresowany sprawdzaniem. Mam nadzieję, że lepsze niż to, które można znaleźć na steam workshop.

strings_pl2.mo

strings_pl2.po

Angpaur    116
11 hours ago, Worek said:

pop culture accurate translation.

I wouldn't call it like this. Some things you translated in a way that no one really speaks. For example this:

msgid "Mark this object for compost"
msgstr "Oznacz ten przedmiot, aby został odniesiony na pryzmę"

Pryzma?! No one would use that word in a pop culture.

Or:

msgid "Rummage"
msgstr "Przeryj"

This doesn't fit at all.

Same like calling power consumers as "odbiornik". Only power consumer that would fit this word is a TV, but those are not included in the game ;)

I think you mean "odbiorca".

Worek    0
On 06/03/2019 at 1:16 PM, Angpaur said:

I wouldn't call it like this. Some things you translated in a way that no one really speaks. For example this:

msgid "Mark this object for compost"
msgstr "Oznacz ten przedmiot, aby został odniesiony na pryzmę"

Pryzma?! No one would use that word in pop culture. 

Thanks for feedback. Well the misinterpretation about translation being pop culture accurate goes to the puns and jokes not being translatable. 

All the work Klei put in keeping rest of it as straightforward and scientific as possible is absolutely praiseworthy. Even though average gamer these days won't recognise quite a few words used in the game. And this is the format I tried to keep. So do not expect all the descriptions to be swag&yolo, rather expect wording that will easily take you to scientific articles and professional explanations. 

Also the other pointed word is correct. Since 'odbiornik' is a receiver and every single electricians guidebook will refer to any and every electrical appliance as a 'odbiornik'. That being said, a TV is simply receiver of radio waves so it is still a 'odbiornik', just different kind. And the word 'odbiorca' refers to a person so could not be used in mentioned instance. Which also makes the TV as both the electrical current receiver and radio waves receiver. 'odbiornik pradu elektrycznego oraz odbiornik fal radiowych'. 

As for the word Rummage it gets tricky as in polish 'messy going through stuff' doesn't have a straight translation. We can 'przeryc something in search of something'. That was the best one I thought of and would be really happy to get a better word, as I myself find it lacking. 

Thanks a lot, wish I will get some more suggestions in the near future too. Do bear in mind this is work of a single chemistry engineer. 

Cheers, 

Worek