Don't Art (Magicphobic)

Been almost 2 years huh?
Sketch my fave boys, also how about that rework for everyone's favorite clown?

1611247563_wilsonin2021itsmorelikelythanyouthink.thumb.png.854a37af060ae81aeddd36501638b34c.png

wesley.thumb.png.3804c38807c13297141b4b01dcf966dc.png

I've had a username shift from Magicphobic to IxN0VA in my absence, so signatures will reflect that moving forward but I'm honestly too lazy to update my username here haha. 
(2 years and I still can't get Wilson's hair right either.)

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

2 minutes ago, gaymime said:

haha, you have a point there! x''D

have you had fun playing wes with his new kit?

Yes!! It's been awhile actually since I sat down and played the game without friends and just by myself but I saw the short online a few days after it released, and decided to check out his rework! I've been playing for hours today and only just got off to doodle once I did a full year on him haha.

I'm really enjoying the changes and speedy balloon is so good, Wes really actually OP now! I haven't had a need to play him for the longest while even though I do enjoy him because I'm normally having to carry the friends I play with so characters like Maxwell or Wormwood (I really adore Wormwood since he came out too!) are more my mains for resource reasons, but it's really nice to go back to playing Wes again! Also nice the play the game without the instruments playing from the characters sometimes! 

I love the phantomime tools too those are such a smart skin so you can do work as Wes in a more realistic manner haha. I haven't told my buddies about them yet, and waiting for them to get on because I'm sure they would get a laugh out of me saying I'm going to go mine or chop wood and then I take out literally 'nothing" and go do it and it works!

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wilson's waist seems to be really begging for food, fitting for the game.:wilson_ecstatic:

Wes looks like someone is accusing them of something.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, I try to avoid that snatching waist issue honestly but I seem to be cursed with it lmao. Gonna blame it on art styles and all that jazz :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Magicphobic said:

Yes!! It's been awhile actually since I sat down and played the game without friends and just by myself but I saw the short online a few days after it released, and decided to check out his rework! I've been playing for hours today and only just got off to doodle once I did a full year on him haha.

I'm really enjoying the changes and speedy balloon is so good, Wes really actually OP now! I haven't had a need to play him for the longest while even though I do enjoy him because I'm normally having to carry the friends I play with so characters like Maxwell or Wormwood (I really adore Wormwood since he came out too!) are more my mains for resource reasons, but it's really nice to go back to playing Wes again! Also nice the play the game without the instruments playing from the characters sometimes! 

I love the phantomime tools too those are such a smart skin so you can do work as Wes in a more realistic manner haha. I haven't told my buddies about them yet, and waiting for them to get on because I'm sure they would get a laugh out of me saying I'm going to go mine or chop wood and then I take out literally 'nothing" and go do it and it works!

haha, i actually have a habit of doing wes even in groups. to be fair he was fine for support even before the rework though i will 100% not scoff at the speedy balloon and if i have the sanity everyone else gets one too XD assuredly my literal only complaint is his idle. i cannot stand at campfires, sort chests or talk to other people hardly at all because the pop is so startling and distressing. it has certainly made me play in a very different way now that i am discouraged from being still for more than a moment

that is going to be a lark! though you should start by saying "want to see a neat trick?"

20 minutes ago, gaymime said:

haha, i actually have a habit of doing wes even in groups. to be fair he was fine for support even before the rework though i will 100% not scoff at the speedy balloon and if i have the sanity everyone else gets one too XD assuredly my literal only complaint is his idle. i cannot stand at campfires, sort chests or talk to other people hardly at all because the pop is so startling and distressing. it has certainly made me play in a very different way now that i am discouraged from being still for more than a moment

that is going to be a lark! though you should start by saying "want to see a neat trick?"

I don't mind his idle actually and  found it funny, but everyone reacts to stuff differently so completely understand how it can be startling! I was surprised at first when I heard it, and had to sit around and see it happen to figure out what it was! (I find it interesting they also gave him an actual auditable gasp of air and not some sort of instrument sound...)

Also YOU'RE RIGHT, I'm gonna keep that in mind when I show them the tools lol.

19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Imagine Wes being a teacher to the rest of the base on how to use mime skills.:wilson_ecstatic:

image.thumb.png.98a950002c8d7ee005f85d84dd42bb9d.png

I love that idea a lot! It is pretty cool it's a skin that any character can use! It also means I can craft them and hand them to my friends, so It's going to be funny with my joke mentioned above to also be like "here hold this." and it's an actual item haha.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 10:03 PM, gaymime said:

Not sure if it'd help with the chest thing, but have you considered using an emote (/sit, /squat, /toast, /dance, Wes's silent /carol or one of the Forge emotes if you have them) when you want to stand still by a fire or use the chatbox?

• Sanity 1

5 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Not sure if it'd help with the chest thing, but have you considered using an emote (/sit, /squat, /toast, /dance, Wes's silent /carol or one of the Forge emotes if you have them) when you want to stand still by a fire or use the chatbox?

i actually hadn't considered it. i think i will try having him sit though! thankyou<3

• Happy Hazard 1