[Game Update] - (BETA) 205658

• Developer
  • Fixed animation glitch when No-Eyed Deer run into old trees with their Antlers.
  • Fixed crash sometimes after Batilisks escape through Cave Lights.
  • Antlion and the new Desert Oasis will now be automatically added into existing worlds.
    • If your existing world only has ONE Desert:
      The Oasis and Antlion will attempt to spawn in a safe location within this Desert without overlapping the Dragonfly arena.  Sandstorms during summer will cover this entire Desert, including the Dragonfly arena.
    • If your existing world has TWO Deserts:
      The Oasis and Antlion will spawn in the one without Dragonfly.  Ponds in this Desert will be converted to the Oasis Lake, and Sandstorms during summer will cover this Desert only.
  • Please note that we still recommend generating a New World to properly spawn the new Desert biome with alternate Cactii, Volt Goats, etc.

View full update

• Like 27

Great news! Thanks for making the Antlion retrofit old worlds! :)

2 minutes ago, V2C said:

Sandstorms during summer will cover this entire Desert, including the Dragonfly arena.

I heard some people saying that Dragonfly is too easy. Well, new challenge given :D

• Like 10

8 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Please note that we still recommend generating a New World to properly spawn the new Desert biome with alternate Cactii, Volt Goats, etc.

Anyone encountered bugs already? It seems like not very stable and developers are not very confident too. :(

1 minute ago, Destros09 said:

We need more volt goat herds per world, never enough. Plus that idiot who kills the last one, plus when they spawn in the dragonfly set piece

Sounds like volt goats spawn in the antlion desert now, so the dragonfly shouldn't be an issue now, if I understand correctly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HutGenerator said:

Anyone encountered bugs already? It seems like not very stable and developers are not very confident too. :(

I mean, this was definitely a hard thing to retrofit, so I'd assume this would be buggy.

At any rate, it's better to just stat a new world and build it up again. Doesn't bother me, as the beginning is my favorite part of the game anyway.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CheeseNuggets101 said:

Not usually one to bring up something that was added that isn't released yet first but.... Klei...

What... is... THIS

Hide contents

f5725d3294.png

dab_loop, dab_pre, and dab_pst added in player_emotes... among some

Check their twitter, someone did a thing and they thanked him by having wilson wear a specific shirt, and doing that animation

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFurphie said:

Check their twitter, someone did a thing and they thanked him by having wilson wear a specific shirt, and doing that animation

Oh, I know that from a while back. It's just that these emotes weren't added until just now, in this update.

Which means they have considered making dabbing canon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CheeseNuggets101 said:

Oh, I know that from a while back. It's just that these emotes weren't added until just now, in this update.

Which means they have considered making dabbing canon.

Actually, to my knowledge, they have infact been in the game for some time now.

22 minutes ago, MrFurphie said:

Actually, to my knowledge, they have infact been in the game for some time now.

? You cannot dab in the game. At least not yet. These animations were added recently, or as of yesterday, to the anim files in player_emotes alongside emote_swoon 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2017 at 3:21 PM, CheeseNuggets101 said:

? You cannot dab in the game. At least not yet. These animations were added recently, or as of yesterday, to the anim files in player_emotes alongside emote_swoon 

To be fair, if it's in the files, that doesn't mean its possible to use it, lots of things in the files exist that don't work. Lots...

I have never gotten why the hell that's even CALLED "dabbing".  But, well, most slang names don't make sense...

And have you heard my new band, the Alternative Volt Goats?  They wear their wool long over their eyes, and plaid flannel shirts, and baggy jeans, and sing guitar songs about angst--while providing their own electrical special effects!  Neat, huh?

;)

(yes I know the word used was just "alternate", but I got the mental image in my head and couldn't resist.)

Now to start up my older world--glad I didn't delete it!--and see what new breed of chaos gets spawned by the update...

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

have you heard my new band, the Alternative Volt Goats?  They wear their wool long over their eyes, and plaid flannel shirts, and baggy jeans, and sing guitar songs about angst--while providing their own electrical special effects!

I'm getting Blue man group meets They might be giants vibes.

BWAHAHA.  Why does that totally work...?

And I am happy to report that my March of Civilization server...successfully got its brand-spankin'-new oasis--right at the ENTRANCE to the second desert, thank god--and new cactus.  Plus a bonus:  TUMBLEWEEDS!  Although...those are probably just blowing in from the Dragonfly's desert.  They're literally seperated by just like one, little, river.   : P

But, all that _seriously_  pales beside what happened on my way home from there.  Walking through a nice green little meadow, do dee do...I suddenly come across the Bearger and Our Feathered Lady KICKING THE SNOT OUT OF EACH OTHER!  Apparently, Mr. Bearger chose to hibernate right on top of the Spring Giant's nest, and she rather objected to that...

It didn't go well for the bird-mammal.  Then all the moslings went into furious, red, spinning REVENGE! mode in unison for their fallen mother!  It was so sad.  :(

If that wasn't enough, guess what was _also_ right on the same screen?  That's RIGHT--the Bee Queen's hive!

Wow. The traffic around here is getting _crazy_...

...Notorious

• Like 2