Any predictions on whats gonna be on the last big update?

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

WHOA! Th stalker! IT's evolved!

I get goosebumps by only looking at this picture, he reminds me a lot of what I and many others in childhood, thought the boogieman would look like and I have to say he looks phenomenal

On 08.02.2017 at 6:05 PM, Kittydub said:

I just realized there might even be a new player/boss in the game. 

Remember this? 

"Charlie didn't make that one!" - Maxwell about Klaus 

For that word of Maxwell about Klaus;
First idea: Charlie is kind of a puppet btw. She has dark soul who controls her and she combined with that at last. Klaus might beyond Charlie's power.
Second idea: Klaus inspired from the real Santa Klaus eventually. He might stuck in the world during Christmas. 

3 hours ago, seyfitoplar said:

For that word of Maxwell about Klaus;
First idea: Charlie is kind of a puppet btw. She has dark soul who controls her and she combined with that at last. Klaus might beyond Charlie's power.
Second idea: Klaus inspired from the real Santa Klaus eventually. He might stuck in the world during Christmas. 

Personally, I believe that it was something Maxwell made (perhaps a first attempt at making a krampus?) and locked it away somewhere never to be seen again. That is... until Charlie found it and let it loose in the world to spite him.

However, I think they changed what Maxwell says when you examine Klaus now. And yeah, curiosity got the better of me. Here's what it currently is:

KLAUS = "My, what a magnificently horrific creature.",

I personally liked the old one. It had some interesting things to think about. The current one is just so... generic and bland...

On 08/02/2017 at 6:11 AM, DatShadowJK said:

We've all been waiting for it:

Don't Starve Together Adventure Mode 

And if you use the Artirium to build a portal all Players, far and wide in the world will be Transported to an Adventure Mode. And if JUST ONE PLAYER dies you gotta restart, the Portal will break, you need another Artiruim, and get to the End and do the Bossfight Charlie is gud and bad thing.

Damn thats gonna annoy lots of players, I'm probably gonna be that one guy who sucides to annoy the players

In your dreams \/_\/

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Regarding the ancient guardian being re-spawnable: wouldn't that allow some players (hugeultrasupermega city base people im looking at you) to eventually create forests of houndius shootius and effectively stop all fights from ever happening?

Infinite googly eyed powar!

Well the guardian will likely have the 20 day respawn timer like most other bosses sooooo.... If someone can make a forest of houndius shootius then I think they deserve the power it brings.

24 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd like to see the Atrium have a minor use. Like nightmare fuel.

Personally, I'd like to see the shadow chess pieces drop more fuel. However if the atrium ends up being something you only use once (such as crafting an eyebrella) then yeah, it would be nice to be able to turn it into something more useful.

• Developer
26 minutes ago, Caziban said:

Why does everyone say this will be the last big update? Has Klei come out and said they're going to stop development on DST (or slow down significantly?)

It's the last big update for this free DLC, A New Reign. Klei told us how many there'd be, and this should be the last one. They'll likely still update DST from time to time and add special events.

16 hours ago, Electroely said:

Anyone else noticed how a rose is always added to an update poster? Against The Grain's poster had 6 roses. So I'm guessing the next update's poster will have 7 roses. I don't know what does this have to do with anything.

10 playable characters Rose collection in 4 updates confirmed.

Before a really long time they mentioned alternative seasons (when ANR was TtA) but with the ammo of content we get every update I don't think we will get it (thou it was a really good idea ... alternative seasons ..... damn ....) . I still hope it will be added to some mini-DLC or something , same goes for the slippstor ... cmon all the community likes it .

As for predictions ... well caves update thats for sure . I think that will be the upcoming update . If this is not the last update then the last one should be some hint to what is next  or a cliff hanger (at the very least we can expect a new road map) .

I'd have to go with caves/ruins too. Though, the other moonlenses (yellow, red and green) need a use in some magic structure. So my guess would be something on that matter. Plus the shadow atrium, which most likely has something to do with the stalker.

It seems to be forgotten (or my memory is playing tricks on me, wouldn't be the first time) that it was said in a stream that the Shadow Chess shenanigans also will get some new schtuff.

Archived