Any predictions on whats gonna be on the last big update?

6 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

I don't get why everybody wants a big boss fight with Charlie. Have you seen the combat system in this game? It's either repetitive hitting and dodging, or crafting a ton of armor and face-tanking everything.

Well they could add something a little more interesting that requires 2 or more players to accomplish. Like a puzzle or having to hit something at the same time as your friend in order to damage it.

I'm not creative enough to to think of a better idea, but Klei made all those awesome games, I'm sure they could think of something

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(And for further back-referencing you probably already knew/could look up on your own, the _reason_ people called the darkness monster "the grue" before we knew anything else about it, is because of the classic text adventure Zork.  "It is pitch black.  You are likely to be eaten by a grue."  The game would _not_ let you step into total darkness without warning you, and if you DID, you'd immediately meet a...gruesome fate? (rimshot!))

No,I definitly didn't knew that(i tought it was something like the game files calling it grue or something like that) thanks a lot for the information,its always nice to know a bit more about the game.:D

Yeah, it does...and I think there was something about the players kept calling the darkness monster "The Grue", so Klei changed the game file to say that...?  But the reason the early _players_ kept calling it that, was because Zork.  Hee.  (I don't know what name it had before, and I might have the order of things wrong.  I do know, however, that "grue" is an example of something being so popular, it kind of _became_ its canon name.  Heh.)

Anyway, glad I could be of help.  :)

(And yes, I have actually played Zork in case anyone's wondering.  Yay.)

...Notorious

23 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

I just realized there might even be a new player/boss in the game. 

Remember this? 

"Charlie didn't make that one!" - Maxwell about Klaus 

That line is very interesting, but iirc Klaus was added as a standalone Christmas update, so it might not factor into the ANR narrative that the devs concocted months back. I've always been interested in the shadow realm of Don't Starve though. Where do those shadow dudes come from? Is all of this game being controlled and monitored from there? It seems like that's where ANR is headed. I'm super excited for the last update.

hey, if they get ya boy biggie cheese as a raid boss, this game would be 100% complete in my eyes.

Spoiler

But in all seriousness, adding a new character to the game would be a really cool way to end off ANR. I doubt that will happen, but hey, a man can hope.

The iridescent gem, the shadow atrium, the ewecus mucus thing, the odd skeleton and the red, green, and yellow moonlens don't have a purpose yet, I don't think that they will add a use for each thing in one single update, and what happened with the caves update? I can't count the last one as caves content, just another use for orange gems, I think there are so much things to fix, implement tweak and add, enough to extend the beta for another 2 or 3 updates, I would not get angry if this beta takes more time, I play this game since 2012, I'm not even tired of this, please klei take your time to add everything you want

Can I ask why the cacti needed a new look?, how about both cacti types?, the new ones are ok but I miss the old ones, just tell me what was the problem with the old cacti

3 minutes ago, Rily said:

The iridescent gem, the shadow atrium, the ewecus mucus thing, the odd skeleton and the red, green, and yellow moonlens don't have a purpose yet, I don't think that they will add a use for each thing in one single update, and what happened with the caves update? I can't count the last one as caves content, just another use for orange gems, I think there are so much things to fix, implement tweak and add, enough to extend the beta for another 2 or 3 updates, I would not get angry if this beta takes more time, I play this game since 2012, I'm not even tired of this, please klei take your time to add everything you want

Can I ask why the cacti needed a new look?, how about both cacti types?, the new ones are ok but I miss the old ones, just tell me what was the problem with the old cacti

the old cactus is still in the game, the new design is just in the antlion desert.

How about the Odd Skeleton thing is actually a giant boss fight?

And also the heart is a boss fight.

Let's make sure they also have one ability to use and around a million health each, and then they can drop a special item that is like, a light or something.

6 hours ago, TheMightyPikachu said:

the old cactus is still in the game, the new design is just in the antlion desert.

Which I was glad to find out, as the old cacti are adorable. :D  The new ones do look more like a classic Roadrunner-cartoon-style cactus, but I'd miss those poofy little pincushions if they were actually gone.

As for all these suggestions...some of these are _cool_...I especially like the one about the ancient civilization coming back.  OOOO...!  But, how would that play into the "the shadow creatures probably _are_ the ancients, twisted by going too far with their dark magic experiments" theory*?  I guess it could be just some of them, and we'd get good vs. bad Ancients?  Hmmm...

...Notorious

*Which I very much subscribe to, I mean, look how buglike the statues are--and then look at the Crawling Horror.  Also, they were messing around with pure nightmare fuel.  C'mon.  (And then there's my theory about what exactly is UNDERNEATH those fissures, _generating_ the nightmare fuel that then wafts up through them--what in fact, is the SOURCE of magic nightmares? but that's headcanon for another day.)

34 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Hopefully not.

Why not?? Wouldn't be fun to see all those telephatic, laggy, floating cannon balls?

(Also, more characters skins remembering us that we can't have Rose collection for now)

4 hours ago, MatheusR31 said:

Why not?? Wouldn't be fun to see all those telephatic, laggy, floating cannon balls?

(Also, more characters skins remembering us that we can't have Rose collection for now)

We need shipwrecked in all its buggy glory

Just get rid of the seaworthy, then. If you make a SW world you're stuck in SW, if you make a RoG world you're stuck in RoG. DST already actively tries to stop players from using one file for more than a year or two, so It doesn't really matter if you have to stay in one world per file.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:53 AM, Metalinker said:

Well they could add something a little more interesting that requires 2 or more players to accomplish. Like a puzzle or having to hit something at the same time as your friend in order to damage it.

I'm not creative enough to to think of a better idea, but Klei made all those awesome games, I'm sure they could think of something

The Ewecus is the only mob that actually requires 2+ players to kill it. Maybe Klei can do something about that.

15 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Just get rid of the seaworthy, then. If you make a SW world you're stuck in SW, if you make a RoG world you're stuck in RoG. DST already actively tries to stop players from using one file for more than a year or two, so It doesn't really matter if you have to stay in one world per file.

Idk about you, but the Seaworthy is what makes SW interesting.

What?  NOT be able to take your cool island-only stuff back to the mainland and show it off have whole new resources you couldn't normally have, in an RoG world?  Ever?  Blasphemy!

Seriously, the _main_ thing I ever wanted to do with Shipwrecked is take the stuff I got there back to an area with no wind, no monkeys, no poison, and easily-crossable distance that requires nothing but time.  I'd hate to have that ability completely taken away.  The tropics are an interesting place to _visit_, but I guess I'm too much of a landlubber to enjoy actually LIVING there for long. : P

(My dream is STILL to have a truly merged world where you can go to the right place on the RoG continent and just...sail away into the islands, bringing back exotic new fruits and materials that can't be found anywhere else, like a European explorer of old trying to impress the Queen.  BUT, I do totally know why that can't happen.  Ever, most likely--not even with a mod, unless you've got a REALLY good computer/connection.  Still, it would be _so cool_.)

...Notorious

Archived