Any predictions on whats gonna be on the last big update?

Someone found stalker footstep sounds in the files as well. That might be an interesting use of the Shadow Atrium and the Odd Skeleton. 

Other than that, I think Charlie's other side is going to take over. The 'not so pretty, not focused on decorations, very harsh' shadow side, she has been way too nice to us lately. At least, I hope so. 

3 hours ago, Myself49 said:

Would be nice if there was a new character released.

Same here.
I know its not the most popular request from what I've read in other topics, but honestly I'm still hoping for that the most...

I'd also love that each pet had some sort of passive skill or benefit, but I guess that's a small tweak and could be changed when they adress the balance, in a future patch.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:58 PM, GiddyGuy said:

Yes, you're right! We need a use for our giant woman.

Oh, god.  To tell you what kind of nerd I've become lately--the second I read that phrase, all I could think was:

"All I wanna do, is see you turn into/A giant woman..."  Now excuse me while I imagine Charlie as like, 15 feet tall, lavendar and with four arms like some deranged Hindu goddess.  : P

(also "irridescent gem" works for this as well.  Hee.  And now that I think about it, this was probably intentional?  I is kind of a dumb sometimes.)

ANYway.  References aside, I agree on the pets doing something deal, although perhaps not anything too amazing, 'cos then they'd be a bit unbalanced.  Charlie as a PLAYABLE character _heck no_, at least not until we've seen her first as the version I _would_ prefer:  A rescuable villian/antagonist NPC from the end of Together Adventure Mode.  And THEN she can join the playable roster.

...which isn't going to happen anytime soon let alone  _this_ soon, so...

Although, since unlike Maxwell, she's NOT trapped by the Nightmare Throne...who's to say she even _wants_ rescuing?

...Notorious

I really like the idea of Charlie being added as a boss somehow,so I made a bunch of theories of how that would look like for fun:      

Maybe with the shadow atrium we make a portal similar to Maxwell's door that takes us to charlie,or even a little adventure mode.

Then you'll be teleported to the throne room and we'll find it completly changed by Charlie,I would also love to see some kind of defense on the throne room like just a bunch of terrorbeaks or a classic haunted armor controled by them.

Then the boss fight won't probably be charlie turning into a giant by the face,I imagine that she'll be sitting on the throne and that we won't be able to attack her.

She would start turning into charlie/grue,Charlie would spawn stuff to heal the players,while grue would spawn shadows and attack the players with the shadow hands (the same ones that she uses to attack players on the dark) like this until somehow grue comes out of charlie and we see its true form(probably some spooky giant shadow) and then we have to kill it,no idea of how that part could be like.

(Just in case somebody does not know,grue its how people used to call the monster that attacks you from the dark before we knew about Charlie,and now people calls Charlie's shadow form grue)

Just a bunch of ideas that I made for fun,how do you guys think the fight could be?

Wexton?

THAT.  Is badass.  Ooh, I especially like the one-side-hurts-you-and-the-other-side-heals-you thing. That...totally works.

I also like the idea that somebody else jokingly suggested earlier where, if a _group_ of people finished Adventure Mode, we'd have a Nightmare Couch... : P

(And for further back-referencing you probably already knew/could look up on your own, the _reason_ people called the darkness monster "the grue" before we knew anything else about it, is because of the classic text adventure Zork.  "It is pitch black.  You are likely to be eaten by a grue."  The game would _not_ let you step into total darkness without warning you, and if you DID, you'd immediately meet a...gruesome fate? (rimshot!))

...Notorious

We've all been waiting for it:

Don't Starve Together Adventure Mode 

And if you use the Artirium to build a portal all Players, far and wide in the world will be Transported to an Adventure Mode. And if JUST ONE PLAYER dies you gotta restart, the Portal will break, you need another Artiruim, and get to the End and do the Bossfight Charlie is gud and bad thing.

Damn thats gonna annoy lots of players, I'm probably gonna be that one guy who sucides to annoy the players

Archived