Sign in to follow this  
YouKnowWho

~The Circus~

Sketched_Philo    1073

Mandra’s trance was interrupted by the clown’s words. She turned her head quickly as he spoke, flinched away, and almost let out a shriek.

When she processed that he had said, her panic was mollified , partly.  

“U-uhm…a balloon?” she asked intriguingly.

What to make a balloon of? Hmm, I guess…

She scratched her hair with her fingers, and stopped at her flower.

…Anything to replace this withered garment.

“Could you make a...flower like mine? One that looks alive? Mine used to have bright red petals and yellow pistils.”

Edited by Sketched_Philo

Donke60    3099

"A balloon thats alive, well such a thing can't exist without magic." Jason laughed. "But a request is a request and i would insult a clowns honor if I did not try my best." 

Jason by hand cafully blew up the first balloon the balloon's color as red as strawberries. carfully twisted into a flower shape with a small hole in the middle. Then with a few small puffs of air he inflated the yellow balloon as bright as the sun and ended into a sphere. placing it into the middle tying the long loose end to the small corners or the red balloon to secure it in the middle. 

"This is the best that can be done," Jason said holding out the balloon the size of his palm "Is the what you wanted?" Jason asked  the girl 

• Like 1

Sketched_Philo    1073

Once the alien act of craftsmanship was complete, Mandra gazed at the replica of her withered flower, fascinated.

“…Looks…good…”

It felt strange to hold it. She looked at it from all angles, and tried to put it in her hair.

Not bad at all.

Of course, the balloon wouldn’t stay in place.  Nonetheless, she gave a faint smile looking at it.

“Lifeless…” a barely audible whisper came from the Adornment.

…But...like these rustmen...it is a twisted , dead, copy...

The brief smile faded from her face. She turned back to the clown.

"Are we...all fated to become balloons? Just...a bright and simple copy that is mostly air?"

Donke60    3099

Jason pondered the question as he had never anyone asked him a question about death. But Jason gave her his answer as she wanted as being subtle wasn't how he went. "So whats the harm in that people will remember what you looked like but it's what it meant that matters." Jason said. "I remember all my fights the bloodlust their passion to life as it all ended with one blow by me, it was glorious. Your on this train your past live doesn't matter anymore all that matters now is you willingness to live. That dead flower in your hair might be a symbol of your struggle but its just as worthless as garbage. So why not enjoy your balloon and the time you have here it's all you have left who cares if its fake or not just don't be afraid to kill your friend for you'll all die and be replaced whether you like it or not and that includes me."

Jason said to the girl bluntly.

DragonMage156    26823

"Ugh! Can you guys, y'know, shut the f*ck up?" can a voice from the next cart "Seriously, how is anyone supposed to get any sleep around here when you clowns are busy making balloon animals and chattering away like monkeys?"

Ria slumped back against the wall. "It's like a zoo in here" she said to herself.

Zeklo    17978

Victor interlaced his fingers, cracked his knuckles, put his hands behind his back, and extended out his legs. 

"Now, now, let's try to be sweet, and not sour shall we? I'm all out of soap flavored candy, so let's not go running our mouths too much." He chimed, empathizing each syllable and tipping his hat over his eyes, grinning.

DragonMage156    26823

(Are we in the same cart?)

"And who the f*ck are you?" directing her attention to Victor "I didn't ask for your opinion and don't think I'm going to let you order me around like you're my father."

YouKnowWho    7828
5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Are we in the same cart?)

"And who the f*ck are you?" directing her attention to Victor "I didn't ask for your opinion and don't think I'm going to let you order me around like you're my father."

(Nope! You're in different carts!

Zeklo    17978

"I'm not your father," Victor stifled a laugh. "I'm your consciousness~ The part of you that wishes not to speak such vile words~ I am the regret brewing within you~ For this place has already driven you mad~"

• Like 1

ImDaMisterL    20342
15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

"I'm not your father," Victor stifled a laugh. "I'm your consciousness~ The part of you that wishes not to speak such vile words~ I am the regret brewing within you~ For this place has already driven you mad~"

(*gets "This is Halloween" flashbacks*)

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 1

Donke60    3099

Jason got up from his seat and walked over to the shouting girl, ignoring Victor's and her conversation. "Oh another high and mighty type those are always fun to break. Tell little dragon fly why should I care what you do or say your going to die soon anyway. It's always shut up with you types or i'll hurt you bluh bluh bluh and don't make me mad garbage. We'll not even in the same cart so such up and deal with it this is the lighest of the things to come so shut up and take your seat little girl before you get thrown by security."  Jason barked at the girl.

Sketched_Philo    1073

Mandra was lost in thought, wondering what to ask the insane, yet more experienced clown.

Survive…I just have to survive…but knowing how to fight would be good. Human meat is energetic.

“Uhm…so how did you get to liv-”

She then realized the clown had gone over to someone else.

Just keeps moving all about, huh. Pleasant. Might as well get back to that masked fellow.

Mandra crawls past the scaly fellow, and sits down. She gestures to the masked man with her fingers, bending them back and forth, sideways and crossing them together, hopelessly trying to imitate his transmutation skills.

• Like 4

~Matt    402

Noticing the girl who seemed as withered as the flower she carried on her head, Anelipsy turned to her and let out a tender smile.  --- "There is no medicine when senses surpass reality, for reality then is compromised." --- His mind's teeth also formed into a smile when remembering the book he got that from, even if he didn't feel like his translation did the quote any justice. As to somehow prove the validity of his statement, Anelipsy shifted his form into that of a girl the same age as he thought the child was. --- "How do you feel about this new world? Did you get to see much of the previous one?"

• Like 4

DragonMage156    26823
2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

"Oh f*ck up" Ria waved her hand dismissively.

2 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Jason got up from his seat and walked over to the shouting girl, ignoring Victor's and her conversation. "Oh another high and mighty type those are always fun to break. Tell little dragon fly why should I care what you do or say your going to die soon anyway. It's always shut up with you types or i'll hurt you bluh bluh bluh and don't make me mad garbage. We'll not even in the same cart so such up and deal with it this is the lighest of the things to come so shut up and take your seat little girl before you get thrown by security."  Jason barked at the girl.

Ria clenched her hands. "Let em. Least it'll give me a chance to get rid of this bottled up anger and, in addition, escaping. And who knows? I might let you guys out too if you stop being such an @$$hole!"

Donke60    3099
3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ria clenched her hands. "Let em. Least it'll give me a chance to get rid of this bottled up anger and, in addition, escaping. And who knows? I might let you guys out too if you stop being such an @$$hole!"

Language lady oh and there is no security nice for you to get your hopes up though. I'm so flattered you come to save me princess but I belong here and so do you. So I suggest you sit back relax and grab a balloon like me and enjoy the ride tootles.

Jason walked back and sat with the timid girl to make more balloons doing it slowly so that she may learn how for it was a dying trade after all. 

Sketched_Philo    1073

Mandra returned the smile, and was dumbfounded for a moment when the masked man changed in appearance, then followed with a chuckle.

“Wagon life is bleak. Not that where I was before was much better, but there was so much more outside…”

A trinket from my past…of course…!

Mandra  hurriedly reached into her bag, and rummaged diligently for the purple-capped mushroom she revealed. It looked like a pasty, black fluid was very slowly melting down from the cap.

“These ink-caps were just about everywhere –” she crawled closer to the transformation expert “--much like a plague, except it was the best meal around. This train doesn’t even have em!”

She gave a quick glance to the clown, and then turned back to the disguised man.

“That clown…might have seen more of this world. He speaks of glory in killing, and I haven’t even fought anyone…”

• Like 2

~Matt    402

Anelipsy ran her hands through the mushroom's cap, and started to picture life as the girl knew it. She saw meadows sprinkled with tufts of the inky caps, and a small, inviting house among the green. She imagined the dirt under her feet as she walked back home for dinner with a basket of mushrooms, and how they would be prepared afterwards. A soup? Cut into strips and fried? Anelipsy loved possibilities. --- "Would you like to go back where you came from? I don't know if I'm picturing it right, but..." --- When the jester sat down next to them, she turned her attention to him along with the girl. --- Glory in killing... I wonder if I should have... --- Anelipsy throws a fascinated smile the girl's remark. --- "He has seen far beyond this world, and hasn't come back." --- As the clown twists rubber, she places her dedication back at the girl. --- "It's a shame that we've been trapped in such an unimaginative environment. I don't think I can conceive what art we could all create together." --- She looks at the flower atop the girl's head. --- "Is that flower also from your home?"

• Like 2

Donke60    3099

"Imagination thats what we humans are good at thats what they need us for anyway without out use there would be no joy in their lives always doing it by the books nothing exciting."  Jason motions towards the king "Look at that tin man I bet he doesn't even know how to have fun let alone what emotion is isn't that right tin man," Jason shouts at the king.

DragonMage156    26823

Ria listened to their conversation. Imagination. The very fuel she used to create and live off. Perhaps with what little innocents and time she had left by herself, she could revisit her happy place. Her beloved characters in their own universes.

• Like 1

Sketched_Philo    1073

Mandra pondered for a few seconds on how to express her thoughts on her past.

“I used to hate the weeds I saw in the gardens outside. Now, I even miss those...”

She  subtly gazed at the dusty rustman the clown pointed to, hoping not to be noticed staring at him.

Abandoned by the train. Is he defective? A rebel, maybe?

“Oh…!” Mandra realized she’d been asked another question. “My flower --- unlike the weeds, is not common. I found one-” she let out a few coughs “-and considered it a lucky find. Since I found it after…the rustman takeover...”

…Lucky find…

“…as bleak as this wagon is, it has…interesting people. Nobody here is…mundane. And they all just arrived…”

I wonder how I fit into all of this.

Edited by Sketched_Philo
Added details
  • Like 1

~Matt    402

"Hey, that music is quite charming" --- Said Anelipsy as she got up and off her cargo mates, offering a helping hand to anyone who would take it.