[Game Update] - Against the Grain Preview (BETA 204445)

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I find it to be a nice supplement to both my supply of nightmare fuel and monster meat. I don't really use purple gems much anyway and the amulet lasts quite a while when only used for beardlings. I tend to use a lot of fuel so I'll take whatever I can get. And it's not like I'm insane often when I mostly use Maxwell.

Also, you don't need to go chase the rabbit/beardlings into traps. Once ya get enough grass and twigs you can just drop a trap on each rabbit hole and check it every few days. It's really not much work at all this way.

also getting an effigy up before you go into caves is a god send I don't really like fighting beardlords cause of the insanity aura.

2 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

Normally you dont use the nightmare amulet to go insane you use it to spawn in the nightmares then un equipping for it to last longer. I just do the spam in the chest method so the durability doesnt get wasted and the nightmares still spawn

I do the equip-spam thing with chilled amulets so I'm surprised I never thought of that. I guess nightmare amulets would be pretty good for active nightmare fuel farming, then.

2 hours ago, Donke60 said:

also getting an effigy up before you go into caves is a god send I don't really like fighting beardlords cause of the insanity aura.

You don't have to actually fight the Beardlords, you can just befriend one, command it to fight another (by attacking one but moving away before your character actually hits it), and all the Beardlords in the area will run over to help kill the innocent one. After you get a bunny village set up on the surface you can even do this every night for a ton of beard hair.

2 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Even Beardlings aren't that great. Beardlords give the same loot (Minus the nightmare fuel, but Nightmares are the easiest thing to kite in the game) for 1 carrot and some CTRL+Fs. With Beardlings you have to make a trap, set it down, chase one into it, reset the trap by another hole, etc.

I also wouldn't waste the gems on a nightmare amulet when you can just scarf down some green caps to go insane.

You guys know that wormholes decrease sanity by 15?
Just spam it to lose sanity XD and pop some green shrooms or cactus afterwards.
No need for nightmare amulet.

3 hours ago, onedeagdrifter said:

You guys know that wormholes decrease sanity by 15?
Just spam it to lose sanity XD and pop some green shrooms or cactus afterwards.
No need for nightmare amulet.

Or you can just run around holding a dark sword. 

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

As far as I'm aware everything related to slip and slipstor has been removed from the game's files.

Patch notes:
- Blah blah blah.
- New raid boss.
- Blah blah blah.
- Bluargahragrharag!
- Blah blah blah.
- Removed Herobrine Slipstor.

Also damn, never seen that Slipstor clip before. He is so adorable, I want Slipstor plush!

Edited by Maslak
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

I do the equip-spam thing with chilled amulets so I'm surprised I never thought of that. I guess nightmare amulets would be pretty good for active nightmare fuel farming, then.

You don't have to actually fight the Beardlords, you can just befriend one, command it to fight another (by attacking one but moving away before your character actually hits it), and all the Beardlords in the area will run over to help kill the innocent one. After you get a bunny village set up on the surface you can even do this every night for a ton of beard hair.

You can easily get Nightmare fuel and beard hair without going insane, just farm splumonkeys during the nightmare cycle. 

Step 1. Find the area near the ruins where the splumonkey pods are. 

Step 2. Make 4-5 Rock Lobsters follow you to that area. 

Step 3. Build a wall border style separating you from the splumonkey pod area, and let the Rock Lobsters trap on the Pod side. Also build a cool entrance to the other side. 

Step 4. Wait for the next Nightmare cycle to start and watch the shadow splumonkey a attack the Rock Lobsters and be annahilated in return.

Step 5. When the massacre ends go to the other side and collect all the Nightmare fuel, Beard hair, Cave bananas, Morsels, Rot and Manure. 

If you build a base on the safe side of the wall, and with some extra resources, you will never have to leave the caves. 

• Like 1

Does a new server have to be created to for any of this content or does it appear when the update takes place in the current world you are in?

(sorry for double posting, I don't know how to delete the previous post.)

Edited by Chaosky
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

13 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

I just do the spam in the chest method so the durability doesnt get wasted and the nightmares still spawn

Ohh, you two.

Bug reporter!

• Like 1

Eating a green mushroom (-50 sanity) or two and then you're insane. Cook it to regen.

And now so much easier with the op mushfarm

The amulet is good to pop shadows or (before Rog) murder a lot of rabbits in chests.

...imo

Edited by b1b3r0n

8 minutes ago, Cactus_In_The_Cake said:

Wait, this'll move into my current world aswell, right?

I hope so :c

After the first few ANR updates they realized the problem with people needing to start a new world. So now Klei makes an effort so everything can exist in a previously made world.

So yeah, you should see the new stuff in your current world.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UnknowX said:

Step 4. Wait for the next Nightmare cycle to start and watch the shadow splumonkey a attack the Rock Lobsters and be annahilated in return.

Nice! Do the monkeys automatically aggro on the lobsters, or do you need to order the lobsters to attack?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Nice! Do the monkeys automatically aggro on the lobsters, or do you need to order the lobsters to attack?

They will aggro them automatically. When they became shadow splumonkeys they attack everything in sight, but with the added bonus that they can't throw manure in their shadow form, so you are perfectly safe behind a wall. 

Edited by UnknowX
  • Like 1