[Game Update] - Against the Grain Preview (BETA 204445)

1 hour ago, mochilo said:

I had a friend who bought DST to play with me, and he refunded it after five minutes of playing because "bees phobia" :|

All this talk of phobias makes me glad my arachnophobia is so mild.  It's strongly mediated by control; I can watch a well-behaved spider outdoors that moves in a predictable fashion; it's when they swarm or do something disgusting or move suddenly or get in my personal space that there's a problem.  So the spiders in Skyrim and Limbo don't bother me at all, never mind the cute little fellas in this game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Wilson looks like he's meditating.

IDK, it was so long ago, but were the yawn emotes on the poster, too? Because if they are, we probably need to get another set of skin sets.

read back :)

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Will the "sitting emotes" have a positive sanity effect? I mean, meditating does calm you, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, NikkiDarks said:

Those roses in the picture make me really suspicious... Are we maybe getting the rose skin line? Maybe...?

34 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Aren't the rose in all the ANR update posters ?

Yep, they've been in every update poster. Although I remember someone pointed out that each time an update poster is released there's one more rose then the previous one.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So much excitement for sitting.:wilson_ecstatic:

While I'm here just squeeing over a fluffy insect.

Fluffy bugs for the win!  Seriously, when I was a kid, I used to find fuzzy caterpillars crawling on trees and show them to my classmates in a "Look what I found, isn't it cuuuuute?" kind of way.  However, if it was another girl, usually this'd happen...

CLASSMATE:  EEWWWW, ICK!  GROSS!

ME:  But it's fluffy!  See?

CLASSMATE:  But it's a BUG!  Ew!

ME:  But...it's _fluffy_...

And so I still am today.  :D

(Although no, I was _never_ stupid enough to try and pet a bumblebee.  Heh.) 

Even better:  Since the Antlion in this game is part LION, that means it's not only fluffy, but part _kitty_.  I look forward to giving it my finest balls of yarn in tribute.

...Notorious

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Even better:  Since the Antlion in this game is part LION, that means it's not only fluffy, but part _kitty_.  I look forward to giving it my finest balls of yarn in tribute.

A big reason I'm squeeing. It's a fully kitty-insect. Since the spiders are fluffy and not cat-like, this is the closest to have a cat-insect in the game(Even if the spiders do act like my black kitty Cosmiccreepers).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well if that's how we pay tribute, I for one welcome our new feline insectoid overlords.  ;)

...Notorious

25 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

This abomination is the result of a comment made by a friend of mine, as well as @SillyWilson providing the image I needed. Enjoy this meme in all of it's poor quality:

qDAn52.png

Ohhhhhh, so that's what inspired this!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Ohhhhhh, so that's what inspired this!

Actually, that was just a coincidence that these two posts happened so close together. The person I'm speaking of doesn't have a Klei forum account otherwise I would have mentioned them too. He does seem to do a lot of lurking so maybe one day we'll see him here...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flare2V said:

can we regenerate the ruins yet

Go to my Documents > Klei > DoNotStarveTogether(or DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta)>[Your save slot], then delete the cave file/server. The cave will be regenerated the next time you launch the game.