Affirmation Station.

LadyD

7 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

a dancing Ysul I actually never really knew how to export into a gif sadly

Now I really wanna see that BUT let's try not to get off-topic here.

I forgot to mention @KaStar23 for her amazing Willowson art and comics. I'm shipping trash but I also enjoy tragic and angst kinda art/fanfics.

(That's why I like To the Moon and everyone's headcanon about Neil ;) )

I've continued this but I may have still missed people

@Chris1488 A great skeleton who own the longest rp and is a good friend. <3

@Dara999 Another amazing dragon with adorable drawings and an adorable dragon oc! <3

@DwerBomb Waaah, a good guy in a sharkies who can wah all day long. <3

@Dudedude great artist of the don't starve style and a good friend. <3

@AnonymousKoala The koalosa who deserves a lot more hugs and is an amazing guy ouo *hug* <3

@minespatch The one you can count on to comment and likes a lot, not only that but the art is amaze as well! <3

@RyanandLink Good artist and rper! Love to see his ocs and read his roleplaying posts <3

@Sketched_Philo Don't talk to you much but I do notice you and so far you're amazing! *hug* <3

@Youknowwho Best hat I've ever had! Not only that but you're a great friend and roleplayer too! <3

22 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

To @minespatch, who can not only draw adorable cartoons of...anything, but turn them out so FAST!  How do you do that? My own pictures take forever to finish...

I screencap them comments and then work from the apophenia in my mind. Then with fundamentals of design, I can work characters out with shapes.

12 hours ago, Maslak said:

@minespatchSmCF6s1.pngYou're a cool guy with cool ideas. The one and only true Max memes keeper. You're fantastic to the bone R9mG9xk.gif

You got my teeth juuuuuuuuuuuuuust right!

Oh damn, Nome's doin' da eyebrow thang!

Ok, I was tagged twice, so I will say something that I've been thinking about a lot. Idk if this will be controversial or not or if it will get my post deleted but...

Thank you @klei for including a nonbinary character that uses the same pronouns as me. I don't see this anywhere else, and to see it in my favorite game with my favorite character means so much more to me than I could properly express with clumsy sentences and bucketloads of fanart. It is nice to know that at least in this game realm, when I die, the correct pronouns will be displayed by my name without question.

And thank you also for including cultural ingame events that aren't just based on christian holidays (maybe...we'll get some Jewish stuff someday? A hamantaschen maybe?).

Sorry if that got too heavy but I really am grateful and wanted to express this at least once before it was too late.

Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. I probably will suck at this...
*one emergency tea later*

Three-and-a half years. That's a lot of time. Kinda. But even despite being a part of the forum, and even longer a part of the fandom, I always kept on the sidelines. I barely even left Art and Lore section, preferring pictures and riddles and skulking in the shadows to actually -being a part of the forums-. As such, I won't be able to mention many from the olden days, apart from-

@Raven Crow Your wonderful comics were the essential part of my usual creepyness intake during my first year on the forums. For all the deaths and insanity, dark humour and tiny scratched out notes on the edges, and general Wilson abuse - I say thank you. Carry on, o twisted mad soul.

@Miss For Blood Eagles. Each page was a cause for celebration.

Some time after Reign of Giants, I had wandered off, lost my way... Things happened. I never thought I would return, but... In choosing to follow a fandom, you leave a piece of yourself with that world. A piece that will tug on you and drag you back even before you realize it - for no matter now drastically the world changes, it's still... special. 
And everything was different when I came back, truly. The King was thrown off the board, and the Queen was just beginning her Reign. The survival was no longer solitary, and puppets banded together in hopes to better their chances. New faces were all around me, and I felt myself as out of the water as I were at the start of my journey through the Shadow Realm... But this time, all went differently. And so, I leave my thanks to...

@Arlesienne Milady. You've treated me with respect and patience, despite my insistent beilefs that I deserve none. You've listened to my insane ramblings. Not only that, but you've invited me in your humble abode, and accepted me as one of your own - an ultimate show of trust for one who spends his time spilling twisted words upon the Word pages and has an idiotic preference for italics and red, especially for both.
I'm honoured and grateful. 

@minespatch and @MeingroessterFan For all the reputation points. When I had returned, I had none. Now I'm approaching 700. Oh, I've noticed, and I remember - you two (and Milady, again) were the main source of all them likes. Made me feel like my opinion mattered. Like I had an actual presence within the fandom, even despite often confining myself within one section of the forum. Thank you.  

@NightWonder7 For giving me an opportunity to sow horror-filled chaos. The first poem I've ever dared to post was related to your picture, and tainting your work was the best fun I had in ages. ... I'll be waiting for more.  

Let me tag more people! hm...

@Pyromailmann delivers delightful and somewhat satirical comics. This fellow has pretty black humour (which I value) and a lot of determination. I'm definitely excited to see where this train is going.

@SirKnight is awesome. They are a cheerful and open person with a lot of creativity. Forgive me if this sounds evil, but it's interesting to read of their struggles and how they cope against the odds while preserving a happy and curious attitude.

@ThaumicParrot is a nice and encouraging friend, but sadly sticks to the background a lot. I've not been in many mod collaborations which actually felt good, but the plushie mod was one of them. (even if it exceeded our capabilities :P)

Is three mentions per post standard now? Will Mobbstar finally admit his love to Mena by tagging her just like most people already did, or will he side with DragonMage by tagging her first? Find out this and more next time I get off my lazy butt and make another post!

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Is three mentions per post standard now? Will Mobbstar finally admit his love to Mena by tagging her just like most people already did, or will he side with DragonMage by tagging her first? Find out this and more next time I get off my lazy butt and make another post!

8938506.jpg

I just gotta say...I'm very glad this thread is here.  The way things are on the Internet/in the world these days...we all desperately NEED some niceness and positivity.  In my part of the real world, it's the grey depressing bleary part of winter where it's still cold and icy but it's not festive and you don't know quite when it's gonna end and even the prettiness of the snow hardly cheers you up anymore. 

And yesterday, I accidentally read a comment I didn't mean to, causing me to dig further down into the conversation to see if there were any rebuttals there that might cheer me up...and...what I ran into was so nasty, so toxic, so hateful and so...TYPICAL that even though I knew these were morons with way too much free time, I still ended up banging my head against the desk and yelling "I HATE PEOPLE!"  (Not saying what it was about, that'd derail everything.  Let's just say it involved everybody with certain points of view being lumped together and thrown away with sneering, dismissive little names and laughing memes.)

So, I'm very glad this thread is here.  Sometimes the world today just makes me wanna cry and it's nice to know that nice people can still exist, and say nice things about each other.  We all need that from time to time.

...Notorious

There are oh so many very rememberable people I met in these fine years on this forums. I'm sure there will be some people missing because I'm human and my brain is doomed to be imperfect, if you may be one of these please forgive me.

Maybe I will post again with all the ones I did not get in this post

@LadyD

I remember it well. My first action on the forum was to give the information that seeds are now roastable in the fire. That in one of the many rememberable threads oppened by this fine Lady.

@Raven Crow

In the art section, where I stumbled arround posting my "just scribblings", there was and is still also a very skilled artist whose comics keep being great and I remember well the Art Tennis which also included

@ScienceMachine

@meshpet

@stormfront

@Willette

Amazing, just amazing and a quality of derailment in this awesome thread of hers XD

And other people from this glorious place

@DwerBomb

@F3RR1S

@vingw

@AlbinoWyvern

@Rabbitfist

@Miss

The perfect blend of art and storytelling

The Mod Crew (here I have surely forgotten people who deserve it shame on me)

@ArcticFox789

@simplex

@debugman18

@Battal

@Symage

@ImDaMisterL

@thelefthelix

and all the others

@Snob

@jujubomber

@Palpetinus      

And the wonderfull Kleians

@JoeW

the fairy

@Corey    

@Bigfoot

@Kevin

and all the others           

This is only the peak of the iceberg since there are so many others still missing....I need another post ^^

I want to thank more people!

@minespatch might be the most supportative person I have ever met, and that means quite something!

@AnonymousKoala kicks me right in the nuts when I deserve it. This is a rare quality which naturally does not get valued immediately, but it is important nevertheless. (Disclaimer: actually really fun when not needing to kick my nuts)

@Asparagus takes the fine line between genius and insanity and makes a friendship bracelet with it. I know no better way to describe it, really.

I am missing a lot more people for the collection

@Mobbstar, knows how to walk the line between insanity and genius to whom I've had raunchy interesting conversations with... 11/10 would play weird word association games with...

@Theinsanefruitloop, who's artistry is now being recognized elsewhere outside the forums... keep up the good work... and please get to level 20 in hearthstone so I can get Morgl the Oracle <3

@Quoth143 with her lovely and engaging DST comic, <3 and hidden racy artist side jk 

@minespatch for being a very interesting guy whose status updates sometimes bring up fond memories of childhood or nightmarish fantasies <3

@Pyromailmann for being one cool dude who has an amazing and contagious laughter out there.

@DragonMage156 for blossoming into a weird and wonderful character who's now mad with insanity powers *wipes tear off eye*

20 hours ago, Asparagus said:

@DragonMage156 for blossoming into a weird and wonderful character who's now mad with insanity powers *wipes tear off eye*

I'm not mad, I'm just drawn that way XD

I forgot to mention a few more people on here.

@Theinsanefruitloop, although I don't see your art so much anymore I did enjoy the times when you were more active. Also Cosmo is adorable ^_^

@LadyD for potatocup :p and coming up with the joke the descended into shameful manga XD (No offense @PanAzej, still loved it XD )

@ImDaMisterL for being a cool dude and moderator (wait did I tag you already?)

I was rather busy with work over the recent days and didn't really check the notifications. Suddenly, I was flooded with them. My browser actually began lagging with them (extraordinary!). I was led here, and, well, the sheer awesomeness of the thread and the people participating in it hit me in the face.

If this is not the wiki entry, I don't know what is.

So, where is this @All mention? Because you are Ridiculously Awesome (imagine what it took to get Jon Curry to say this for you!) and if I mention every person I want here, any or all of the following will happen: my computer hanging in there or outright exploding; the forums breaking; @LadyD giving me a serious no-no for a wall of text I can't even excuse through my lifestyle.

I would very much like to mention every person here - except the occasional patented troll we get every so often - and go to great lengths exalting your virtues, however I am currently unable to. Because this writer here has suddenly discovered a prickling deficiency of vocabulary to contain all this awesomeness of yours. Yes, congratulations, you did it.

Welp, I'm bound to forget a few people, this forum is just full of really cool and positive meatbags that my tiny mind is guaranteed to overlook at least a few, but Imma try my best!

@Arlesienne both for being a very pleasant host and for being a very pleasant person all-round. We've had a lot of fun times over the last couple months, and I met a bunch of other cool people through you, but yoooouuuu are still my number one... gaaaaaaalll!

Spoiler

(das a reference to dis)

@Fortie for also being a really fun and sweet spooder to have around, and for all the adorable art you do.

@Net Spectre is really spooki, pls don't sneak up on me. But also another great guy to have around, even though I still suspect that you're my old colleague Julian. >->

@Youknowwho is just really funny. And edible. What more could you ask for?

@Kittydub can be really spicy. But also very sweet. And I appreciate that.

@Ootay You haven't been around as much due to technical difficulties, but be assured we miss ya and hope to have you back soon!

@Ninjanemo does great memes. Really top notch.

@PiturcaClaudiuStef is still working on that whole punctuation project, but aside from that is another great guy to have around. Also, appreciates Daedalic games. That ought to count for something.

@minespatch spams me with bucketloads of notifications. Hey, somebody has to.

@AnonymousKoala, I admit I don't know you too well, but I enjoyed the conversations we had. Still looking forward to your 12 page critique of Shipwrecked :p 

@SirKnight for the great avatar.

@AquaRC for the great art they do.

@ImDaMisterL and @LadyD are best moderators. Thumbs up for your work.

Aaaand the links stopped working again, but I think the people I still want to mention already got called here plenty of times, so it's not so bad.

Mobbstar, Mezukie, Dragonmage, Giddy Guy, Battal, InDenial, MenaAthena and a couple of others whom I can't think of right now - I don't know you too well, but I still appreciate your presence here on the forums. Your posts are a lot of fun to read, and you as well as most others create a very positive atmosphere rarely seen on internet forums. So thank you all for being so awesome!

And last but not least, a big hand to all the guys at Klei, for being such great guys and making such great games! You're one of my favourite game devs out there, and I wish you all the best of luck.

The thanks start coming and they don't stop coming.

@InDenial is a very kind and encouraging person. You can talk with them about pretty much anything, all facets of life covered that don't imply innocent cheering of any sort. I only wish I knew more music stuff so we could discuss that more often.

@Theinsanefruitloop is a neat mangaka who always takes some time for happy chatter. On one hand I feel bad for not commissioning anything or even giving funds without requesting anything in particular, but on the other hand I still feel bad for not supporting her directly.

@Soto8969 deserves more love than he gets. Seriously, Soto is a nice person and always fun, and I don't know what else to say, because that's how 100% of my experiences with him are (many experiences).

I should've replied to this a while ago.

@Youknowwho

I've been friends with them for over a year, and they're a great friend, great roleplayer, and they're great at cheering me up.

@Mezukie

Not online much, but they're really fun to talk to and they make really good art.

@LiptonPee

A big inspiration for my art.

@Arlesienne

Good RPer and somehow still thinks I'm a good person despite how much I waste everyone's time.

@DwerBomb

Nice and fun to talk to.

@minespatch

Helps me with my art thread

@Fortie

Nice, edgy (But who am I to judge) and a great artist. (Makes my art look even worse than usual)

I'd add more people but I'm tired atm. Really sorry if I didn't add you, but everyone here is a great person and this forum has helped me a lot.

I keep getting mentioned here by my friends and now I feel like I must spread the good word about my buddies.

@Arlesienne

When I first got DST, I had really no friends to play it with and was very shy to play even a Klei server for a good amount of days, It was lonely and boring so I came into the Forums and met Arles here. I saw her kind remarks on a post and I thought. 'She's very nice, maybe I can chat with her?' And bam! we became friends and I got introduced into randomness and so on, blah, blah, Basically I give Arles so much credit since without them, I'd probably wouldn't be here since I'd back out due to shyness and wouldn't be so great at DST now. Thank you, so much Keeps, I truly mean it. You deserve so much really.

@MeingroessterFan

HOLY NEBBY, Mein was such a fun-guy who just appeared one day and decided to join or join and I fell in love with him. (PLATONIC) And I started to call him by "Mien" since I wanted to make a "Sam & Max" jokes with our nicknames being kinda close to it. (I'm called Nein since my steam/discord thingy is NeonNinjaB1ue) He's a really cool guy who writes really cool stories and  He's the best WX I've ever known and he should be proud of himself  and I would gladly spam him my cute art if I wasn't so lazy at times, Stay awesome Mein!! 

@Youknowwho

My bwuddy Toaster, we haven't been friends in a long time per-say but I had great times already in the servers we're in together and how much fun was. Love your art and how you're just Toast. very creative If I do say so myself. You're amazing Toaster!

@Paxtonnnn

Fellow Edge-guy, I like your art style and the servers you host that have Myself, Toaster, and You are very fun and hilarious at times. You're great and you shouldn't say so negative stuff about yourself buddy, I'm rootin' for ya Pax, ask me whenever you want some cute drawings!

@minespatch

I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive comments you would say in my art thread that usually had myself and others interacting and just chatting in it, yeah I want kinda nervous to post my art at first but, thanks to you i'm really not so shy now about posting, You're amazing and your art is really nicely done! can't forget the memes either! 

@GiddyGuy

Fellow memer who is also a Wicker main? heck yeah he's great and cool! 

@Ootay

Last but not least, the meme queen herself, I had fun and talking with you is just great, I also love all the meme jokes and fun times we had, you're amazing and I'm glad we became friends! 

It's like, 2 AM when I wrote this, if I missed anyone, just let me know so I can edit you in here and throw myself into the void.  

@halfrose is god-like when it comes to drawing and yet bothers to help beginners get good at it.

@The Noon Fish and I rarely talk, but she's very nice and considerate.

@Paxtonnnn is really fun when he forgets the self-loathing nonsense for a while. And he's getting so good at pixel art, he'd make me want to give it a try too if I cwould spare the time to.

@DragonMage156 is... well, herself. She keeps confusing me, but in a fun way. She also keeps getting confused by... well, most people. But as said, in a fun way! In the rare occurance we cannot understand each other, she knows how to visually or lay the problem down or make a comparison, which is a big part of why she's so fun.

@MenaAthena has a very strong will and she seems to value her honour a lot, making her a great moral advise giver and uncorruptable judge. Yet, her creativity is highly impressive to me and her artworks reveal just as much love and attention to detail as her chatter and roleplaying.

@Starthefox is very nice to everybody and has a good sense of humour. I barely know her, but I can tell she's a respectable and honest, upright person.

On 1/23/2017 at 3:40 PM, AnonymousKoala said:

@PiturcaClaudiuStef - Occasionally a bit thick skulled, you've taken a part in the events I talked about above as well. 

nah I'm just weird,most of the stuff that i do is just weird and it has nothing to do with my mind

@LiptonPee-uh sure i'll try to get back to all the stuff once I'm done with college momentally i barely have time for anything,and you are awesome and cute

@minespatch-is so nice,and cool  and awesome,and is a nice friend too

Love never dies.

@RyanandLink is one of those people you only realise you've really missed until they disappear for months and then emerge once more and suddenly everything is awesome again. I can't believe I forgot how cool and fun and yada yada, you know the drill. Seriously, I'm glad to see you again.

@Ninjanemo has inspired many people here to systematically improve themselves using this one simple trick >read more< his "100 days challenge" format. In addition, there's no words to describe the quality of his light-hearted, slightly sassy humour. If I could only choose a handful of people to party with, he'd certainly be one of them!

@NootNoot is simply lovable. <3 Sometimes, he tries too hard to improve things, though. That's a nice thing to say, right?

Wait, was saying bad things even forbidden at all? I think I've never really considered purposefully hiding something like that in any of my posts here, frankly. At most, turning it around to be my fault, not theirs (which is true most of always). Sample hidden message.

Archived