Sign in to follow this  
V2C

[Game Update] - Year of the Gobbler Preview (BETA 202894)

SamSen    126

In Chinese there is a cycle of twelve years, each with a different animal.

Rat

Ox

Tiger

Rabbit

Dragon

Snake

Horse

Goat

Monkey

Rooster <This Year: Year of the Gobbler

Dog      <Next Year: ????

Pig

Edited by SamSen
  • Like 2

minespatch    74552
1 minute ago, GiddyGuy said:
  1. I didn't know money was a year, sounds like a very rich and prosperous year.
  2. Maybe batilisks would fit that better maybe?
  1. Whoops:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Yeah, and bats need more love, even if bats and batlisks are slightly similar.
  • Like 1

AquaRC    1966
20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is Aqua a psychic...? How did she foretell turkey babies?

they leaked how it looks on the stream :p

• Like 3

NathanielJ    4
7 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

You have to either kill things or just kill gobblers since the shrines do attact them.

From what i can tell, if the gobbler eats a fruit or vegetable off the ground near the shrine, they will drop a Red Pouch. They seem to be limited to one pouch per gobbler no matter how many fruits or vegetables it eats. I believe I've only seen one drop from actually killing the gobbler but guaranteed drop when it eats something off the ground.

Oh, man, it would be awesome if there was a theme every year, but that would be so much work for the staff. Anyway, my year, year of the dragon, wouldn't happen til another seven years.

Hey, when this get released to the main branch, do you think there will be a comic promoting it, and special event themed skins that rarely drop just like for Hallowed Nights and Winter's Feast?

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 3

NathanielJ    4

I was testing it out and it looks like the Red Lantern loses 5 percent durability per day. Which would mean it lasts 20 days; the length of the longest season. Very useful.

• Like 4

Rily    552
39 minutes ago, CutChemist said:

If you let the gobblers eat a berry off the ground near shrine they drop a pouch 100% of the time, but only one per gobbler so kill it after it drops. I have test this on SUP and so far it works

this is right, one gobbler can poop just one pouch per day, I think that the shrine increases the spawn chance of the gobblers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one with enough hatred of these birds in my heart to be completely unmoved by their "cuteness."  They don't even look cute to me; all I see is a sworn enemy that escaped justice too many times.

How ironic, then, that the shrine will set things right at last.  Oh yes it will.

oh my god i feel the same way.....