[Game Update] - Year of the Gobbler Preview (BETA 202894)

9 minutes ago, Prakhar said:

How rare are these pouches?

I have only got one from killing a gobbler in 10 days.

And just one lucky gold from it.

This was said some pages back: if you put a berry on the ground for the gobbler to eat it, he will drop a pouche. But each gobbler will only drop one until some time pass, so don't waste time feeding him more berries :D Also, if he already dropped the pouche you won't get another by killing it

• Like 2

Nice, Gobblers are annoying but now I don't hate them as much as I did before. I have like 10 lanterns in my chests. I will make as many as I can, since they last so long, I just hope they won't dissappear right after the Year of The Gobbler Festival ends, and if they will, oh well. And the Pet Giblet is so cute .

Honestly, Year of the Gobbler is much better than The Winter Feast - items have a use and there isn't millions of baubles and candy in my inventory (RIP Eternal Fruitcake, worst item 2016)

9 hours ago, AFatCat said:

And I quote the Beefalo Trader:

My wagon's pulled by a nox. 'Es a good 'un, but 'e can't hold a candle to my old mule, Shadow.

What's a nox? Well, I don't know as I can rightly describe it. It's kinda like an ox, but not.

And that's all we really know!

year of the mule when

Again, I wish the beefalo trader had a wiki page. :wilsondisappointed:

• Like 1

0GocIRd.png

Now that we know Gobblers drop lucky nuggets when they eat berries, I made a little farm concept specifically for that

You open the front gate, drop a berry inside, close it, open the Gobbler gate so it eats the berry, then shut it when the Gobbler goes back into their cage because of the shrine attracting them, repeat for each Gobbler once a day for one lucky nugget each. If you want to be efficient you can fill up all the cages with berries at dusk and keep the Gobbler gates open so they'll eat as soon as it's morning.

Wooden walls are for aesthetic reasons, any kind of walls can be used.

(there's probably a better way to make a farm like this but this is what I came up with after 15 minutes)

Edited by JellyUltra
  • Like 13

On 13/01/2017 at 1:58 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Did something happen to the main menu music? It's so quiet and I haven't touched my sound settings.

Yeah, not much doe, just like Gongs and other Traditional stuff being played in the Menu

Spoiler

Just saying, the Giblet is the cutest pet of them all, even that sleeping animation is awesome!

Also, its such a coincidence that my Year is Rooster, and this is a event for the Rooster thing.

Edited by DatShadowJK

44 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

0GocIRd.png

Now that we know Gobblers drop lucky nuggets when they eat berries, I made a little farm concept specifically for that

You open the front gate, drop a berry inside, close it, open the Gobbler gate so it eats the berry, then shut it when the Gobbler goes back into their cage because of the shrine attracting them, repeat for each Gobbler once a day for one lucky nugget each. If you want to be efficient you can fill up all the cages with berries at dusk and keep the Gobbler gates open so they'll eat as soon as it's morning.

Wooden walls are for aesthetic reasons, any kind of walls can be used.

(there's probably a better way to make a farm like this but this is what I came up with after 15 minutes)

How about using just fences to contain them? I did this on our roleplaying server today (and then was left weeping in helpless fury upon realising they won't breed on their own; Klei, please!).

• Like 1

Just now, JellyUltra said:

I'm not a fan of how fences look but that would definitely be the cheapest option.

There's something I find quite annoying: whatever containment you aim for, you must build around berrybushes and at dusk or night. At worst during the day, but without picking berries. Otherwise gobblers just run away.

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

Blessedly I quite know Nemo and an artist that good just does not live in a gilded cage.

Here is our little gobbler enclosure for now. Meaningful feedback courtesy of @MeingroessterFan, @Youknowwho and @Fortie:

zD2Jrs0.jpg

I've seen some of the best artists and boy were they also the worst people. Of course, I could make a list on them, but I'd rather not get banned

• Like 1