Sign in to follow this  
Fidooop

Modded Characters In Main Menu (TUTORIAL)

Recommended Posts

RadiantRoma    386

Amazing job!

For aesthetics sake though, is there a trick to get certain characters to spawn out of the portal? For me it is always a base game character on the left and a modded character on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2609
2 hours ago, Romanful said:

Amazing job!

For aesthetics sake though, is there a trick to get certain characters to spawn out of the portal? For me it is always a base game character on the left and a modded character on the right.

That's just the luck of the draw really... There's a massive table that gets developed up made up of all the players you've played with in the past and what character/skins they were using + the skins you have equipped to every single character in the game (modded characters included) and it picks 2 at random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RadiantRoma    386
5 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

all the players you've played with in the past

would this mean that if I wanted a character to appear more often on the main menu, i could just play as them more? that would make sense because some characters who i've never played don't seem to ever appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidooop    2609
6 minutes ago, Romanful said:

would this mean that if I wanted a character to appear more often on the main menu, i could just play as them more? that would make sense because some characters who i've never played don't seem to ever appear.

Yup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RadiantRoma    386

Think I've found a problem, can't figure it to be anything else other than this mod.

My character's name is Won-il. I think the dash in the name is messing the menu-assets command in modinfo. I'll attach my client_log. I've commented out the menu-assets lines and the mod worked fine.. I tried changing the name in the one line by removing the dash,  etc, didn't work. The problem is that when active, it basically makes the modinfo.lua doesn't exist. 

You can find the error in the log by ctrl+f and search won-il. 

Thanks for any help!

client_log.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterA    7381
18 minutes ago, Cherryzion said:

You can find the error in the log by ctrl+f and search won-il. 

 

Looks like that's the wrong client_log, or has been overwritten, I don't see any error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RadiantRoma    386
7 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Looks like that's the wrong client_log, or has been overwritten, I don't see any error.

sorry, got overwritten. this should be good. i have the modinfo there too because it would probably help

client_log.txt

modinfo.lua

Edited by Cherryzion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterA    7381

@Cherryzion
The - in the name is certainly causing you issues, but it's also a character used in lua to do operations on variables (subtraction).
 

Try doing this.

characters = {
	["won-il"] = { gender = "MALE", skins = {} }
},

 

In general with coding you probably want to avoid variable names or internal names with special characters like that. That's why WX-78 is named wx78 everywhere in the code. Only the display name has the dash (minus symbol).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this