Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

DaBrosifMcJoseph

Messed up biomes glitch

hey guys I was wondering if anyone else had this glitch and knows how to solve it. About 9 out of 10 times that I load up a new world, the biomes are completely messed up, usually circling around eachother or being extremely small, which obviously leads to me not being able to play the game well. Any suggestions on how I can fix this. (Sorry no screencap, I am a computer noob and was too lazy to look up how to do it)

IMG_0128.JPG

imsomony    417

Can you take a few pictures of your map, zoomed-in on the areas of concern, so we can see what you mean about small biomes and/or circling? From that single pic, everything looks normal - the mosaic biome often has those little pockets of land cut out of it. Sometimes world gen does end up a little funny though, with what I call "noodles" or "bridges"... long pieces of barren land branching off in all sorts of directions, and breaking biomes up smaller. I actually sorta like it when that happens.

If you're on Steam, first make sure Steam Overlay is enabled (Steam > Settings > In-Game > check the box). Start up the game, and press F12 to take as many screenshots as you want. When you exit the game, you'll be prompted about saving them to the Steam cloud. You can do that if you want, but otherwise, just click the "show on disk" button to locate them on your computer.

If you're DRM-free, open up the Snipping Tool and drag to capture specific areas of your screen. Save each screengrab as you do them.

On ‎12‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 4:55 AM, DaBrosifMcJoseph said:

hey guys I was wondering if anyone else had this glitch and knows how to solve it. About 9 out of 10 times that I load up a new world, the biomes are completely messed up, usually circling around eachother or being extremely small, which obviously leads to me not being able to play the game well. Any suggestions on how I can fix this. (Sorry no screencap, I am a computer noob and was too lazy to look up how to do it)

IMG_0128.JPG

This is an actual biome called Mosaic, some info on it is here: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Mosaic