DS Art Thread for a New Year's Resolution

I've been on vacation for the past couple of weeks so here are some doodles from then. I went to Japan but the majority of them are Okinawa inspired. I didn't have as much time to doodle as I thought I would.

QbLi5zn.jpg

Willow comparing Maxwell to a beni-imo (purple potato).

hne4i5a.jpg

Some doodles for mod ideas, anago, shikuwasa, flying fox, habu and shrimp critters.

CxDNsAD.jpg

Maxwell and Wilson in a cave.

• Like 3

I'm being terribly unproductive lately and I'm paranoid this thread will get archived like my others, so here are some hamlet inspired doodles.

2kB5Pb8.jpg

UVULGad.jpg

I don't think Maxwell is a this big of a dingus to actually say this at a hamlet restaurant, but I don't doubt the thought would cross his mind.

• Haha 4

On 1/7/2017 at 12:13 AM, ImpactedTooth said:

Here is a frog I just finished. I love hate those cuties.

KrnEGbi.png

Now this, is a great frog. This singular frog has ultimately impressed me.

On a more serious, less failed-humor note, the shading here is really good, he really looks like he's popping out of the picture. 

On 2/6/2018 at 3:18 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

5PyHOyq.jpg

I love the expressions in this, a lot. Especially the WX-78 right there... Usually we see glaring spite or enthusiasm for all the wrong reasons, but this has a more ponderous look to it  that's definitely appreciable. It's so fitting to him, and also a refreshing difference at the same time. Helps to add more dimension to the idea of his character, that sort. 

On 10/2/2017 at 11:19 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

3dNbh0o.png

1 hour Wes. I swear every time I start working my cat gets on the counter or into some other trouble

This is an interesting setting, the feel and the colors is sort of whimsically sad. Which again, is of course, very fitting to Wes. I like it a lot.

Edited by gallusvarius
Added that sentence at the bottom.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImpactedTooth said:
  1. I'm being terribly unproductive lately and I'm paranoid this thread will get archived like my others,
  2. 2kB5Pb8.jpg
  3. UVULGad.jpgI don't think Maxwell is a this big of a dingus to actually say this at a hamlet restaurant, but I don't doubt the thought would cross his mind.
  1. Just pm Joe if it happens.
  2. Wilson's nickname isn't piggsbury for nothing.:wilson_sneaky:
  3. MAxwell's a internal-emo-teenager, I can see it happen. I imagine the pig civillians throwing watert at Max to  make him behave.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Now this, is a great frog. This singular frog has ultimately impressed me.

On a more serious, less failed-humor note, the shading here is really good, he really looks like he's popping out of the picture. 

I love the expressions in this, a lot. Especially the WX-78 right there... Usually we see glaring spite or enthusiasm for all the wrong reasons, but this has a more ponderous look to it  that's definitely appreciable. It's so fitting to him, and also a refreshing difference at the same time. Helps to add more dimension to the idea of his character, that sort. 

This is an interesting setting, the feel and the colors is sort of whimsically sad. Which again, is of course, very fitting to Wes. I like it a lot.

Aw, thank you so much for your comments! These really made my day better!

2 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Just pm Joe if it happens.
  2. I imagine the pig civillians throwing watert at Max to  make him behave

I know, I just would rather keep it about with some silly doodles rather than have to bug Joe.

They could run him out of town even!

• Haha 1

These past couple of weeks have been...unpleasant. So here are some shippy doodles of Maxwell and Wilson cause they always make me smile. Also, posting these are always the most fear inducing for me.

Spoiler

Atrc0bA.jpg

Implied kisses. Hahahah

Spoiler

WjnNBju.jpg

I need to make a small goal to meet to get myself back on track. I have an idea, but I need to see if the time constraints for myself are doable. Lately I've just been starting and abandoning or ignoring things over and over again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ImpactedTooth said:

These past couple of weeks have been...unpleasant. So here are some shippy doodles of Maxwell and Wilson cause they always make me smile. Also, posting these are always the most fear inducing for me.

Hide contents

Atrc0bA.jpg

Implied kisses. Hahahah

Reveal hidden contents

WjnNBju.jpg

I need to make a small goal to meet to get myself back on track. I have an idea, but I need to see if the time constraints for myself are doable. Lately I've just been starting and abandoning or ignoring things over and over again.

I love those!  Maxwell/Wilson is definitely my favorite DS ship, and you drew them so cutely.  

Also, I’ve been doing the same thing.  Starting projects, and abandoning them halfway through completion.  I’m trying to devote my Summer to breaking out of that habit. 

• Thanks 1

Why isn't Wilson in his Piggsbury getup in those drawings? Is it due to Max being really REALLY comfortable a horny guy?:wilson_ecstatic:

Well, for me, I have a lot of projects. If you have ideas and want to commit to them, do a to-do list and just get it done so you can get to the next design you want to do. Helps me get my ideas out and I feel like I completed something. Printo0ut sheets help a lot too. Reminding me of what I want to draw and as refs.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Koffee01 said:

I love those!  Maxwell/Wilson is definitely my favorite DS ship, and you drew them so cutely.  

Also, I’ve been doing the same thing.  Starting projects, and abandoning them halfway through completion.  I’m trying to devote my Summer to breaking out of that habit. 

Thank you so much! They are definitely my favourite too.

It stinks! One does a lot of work on something but if one can't bring it to completion there isn't any satisfaction, at least that's how I feel about this problem. Summer would be a great time to do that and I hope you are successful!

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Why isn't Wilson in his Piggsbury getup in those drawings? Is it due to Max being really REALLY comfortable a horny guy?:wilson_ecstatic:

Well, for me, I have a lot of projects. If you have ideas and want to commit to them, do a to-do list and just get it done so you can get to the next design you want to do. Helps me get my ideas out and I feel like I completed something. Printo0ut sheets help a lot too. Reminding me of what I want to draw and as refs.

Hahah! Ohh my. No, I just could not draw him in that get up. Every Piggsbury I did looked horrible so I scrapped that idea quickly. Which is weird since he's really no different and I usually have no trouble.

Achh, I have to do lists floating around behind my monitor that are unfinished. But those are from back when I was in school, so maybe I should try that again. Thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ImpactedTooth said:

Achh, I have to do lists floating around behind my monitor that are unfinished. But those are from back when I was in school, so maybe I should try that again. Thanks!

If you check my thread, I just put my to-do list there to save time and then fill up my paper sheet until I add them to the to-do list. Saves time/.:wilson_smile:

Gorge doodles trying out the free (new to me) autodesk sketchbook. I've been using an old version for a long time. I really love the ink pen!

kPHrIz5.jpg

ynJCPO1.jpg

Random verb doodles. I think my stuff is too stiff so I hope doodling some verbs at least once a week might help to loosen up my poses.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

Was this for school?

Wes knows the existence of ONI?:wilson_ecstatic:

No, just practicing doodling verbs so I have a consistent goal to do three each week since I've been lacking. I gotta move fast to California out of the blue though, so I'm going to be falling behind and I'm feeling :wilson_dead: about the whole thing, so here is a Wilson I think is cute.

Aqpqumx.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1