DS Art Thread for a New Year's Resolution

On 02.07.2019 at 11:38 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

Gah, I really fell off the wagon by missing a whole month.

Here are some verb doodles to try and start off July right.

ZbX4SjT.jpg

Wagstaff looks pretty cute and wonderful,who is not joking about the End of the world:wilson_dorky::wilson_ecstatic:

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Thanks 1

I need to do a more concrete and smaller goal than 'do better', since I'm stagnating on getting anything done. So I'm going to aim for 5 finished art assets a week for a mod I've made and left alone.

But here are some doodles.

6SMyTHB.jpg

Shippy one. Kind of.

Spoiler

kBhjeYS.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I've met my goal for the week and I'd love to get some feedback on these. My Shipwrecked mod adds a lot of bottom dwelling sea-life and a trawl net that drags on the bottom to get them. Cuttlebone is used to make a cheap and effective but weak harpoon. The abalone shell and scallop pearl can be used as valuable offerings during volcano season. Let me know what you think! I'm 100% open to rethinking or redoing them. I'm on the fence as to do that or not to the sea hedgehog.

Kwdl8WL.jpg

I started and forgot about this.It's A kitty-kit for my late cat Godzilla.

Pgtr117.jpg

• Like 7

Sorry to hear about you cat.

For the drawings, I like them! The stripes on the cuttlefish most likely won't be readable in-game, though. Having fewer, thicker stripes would probably be better. The same goes for the cooked version. I think the dead version is probably okay, though it may not hurt to have a little increased contrast.

Additionally, even though they are reversed, the raw and cooked scallops look way to similar. Do something to diversify the silhouettes, like what you did to the cuttlefish!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 1:40 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

6SMyTHB.jpg

I'm confused, Wilson does hostile jokes towards Maxwell but you still ship them? What exactly is their romantic relationship in your version?:wilson_ecstatic:

On 8/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

Pgtr117.jpg

Sorry about your kitty but this drawing is a nice tribute to the poor poofywoofer.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'm confused, Wilson does hostile jokes towards Maxwell but you still ship them? What exactly is their romantic relationship in your version?:wilson_ecstatic:

Sorry about your kitty but this drawing is a nice tribute to the poor poofywoofer.

I love them to death, and I do like to think they like to trade friendly insults or mildly inconvenience one another when it is amusing and apologize if one of them ever gets too mean. But when I doodle it's just for fun so it ends up being related to how I feel, something I find funny or a mistake I try to rationalize. In this case I drew Maxwell's head too low so I made up a reason for him to be there by being buried. I don't think Wilson would do that to him, I just thought it was funny.

Thank you! It's okay he was old and sick. I just miss his cute face and naughty-ness. My other cats are boring by comparison.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spoiler
On 10.08.2019 at 1:21 AM, ImpactedTooth said:

1.I've met my goal for the week and I'd love to get some feedback on these. My Shipwrecked mod adds a lot of bottom dwelling sea-life and a trawl net that drags on the bottom to get them. Cuttlebone is used to make a cheap and effective but weak harpoon. The abalone shell and scallop pearl can be used as valuable offerings during volcano season. Let me know what you think! I'm 100% open to rethinking or redoing them. I'm on the fence as to do that or not to the sea hedgehog.

Kwdl8WL.jpg

2.I started and forgot about this.It's A kitty-kit for my late cat Godzilla.

Pgtr117.jpg

1.Wow!Sea Hedgehog is very nice creature =)

2.Oh my god =( I understand you.My Barsik(cat)also died....

[Philin's Sad sounds:wilson_cry:]

And this art is very great.Thank you for this good work.

On 06.08.2019 at 8:40 PM, ImpactedTooth said:

But here are some doodles.

6SMyTHB.jpg

And soooo!It's a time for Maxwell/Wilson:wilson_sneaky:Oooohhhh boooiii:wilson_ecstatic:

I really like it.I wait new doodles and nice arts^^

[Note:In this post i don't use translator and other origins,therefore sorry for mistakes and etc,if it have in this post]

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Russian Philin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1.Wow!Sea Hedgehog is very nice creature =)

2.Oh my god =( I understand you.My Barsik(cat)also died....

[Philin's Sad sounds:wilson_cry:]

And this art is very great.Thank you for this good work.

And soooo!It's a time for Maxwell/Wilson:wilson_sneaky:Oooohhhh boooiii:wilson_ecstatic:

I really like it.I wait new doodles and nice arts^^

[Note:In this post i don't use translator and other origins,therefore sorry for mistakes and etc,if it have in this post]

Thank you! I was pretty happy with how that one turned out.

Aw, that's terrible! I'm sad to hear that! Losing a pet is so sad.

Thank you very much! I agree that it is time for some more Maxwell/Wilson. Hehe.

You are doing fine!:wilson_goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took forever to get some of the items in game but it should be easier for the rest now that I know what to do. I found that I should make ground versions of the cuttlefishes because they looked odd on the ground. I can see some colour leaking out of some of them so I should clean those up and thicken the outlines on the scallops. I'm thinking the dead scallop should get a ground version too, but I'm having a hard to thinking of one that would look different enough from the cooked version again.

MTOKTaF.jpg

QA42d1h.jpg

Updated images and the images for the heavy trawl net itself. I'd love to hear any feedback on these.

• Like 5

Bah, I burned a couple fingers and fell off the wagon again. It's better now so here are two new items and some doodles to try and get back on track.

1C6Kywx.jpg

I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! The Pufferfish is poisonous unless you crock pot it with a couple of others and a flint.It will also be able to be made into a monkey ball that poisons anything that plays with it.

Some doodles:

9YJVSOw.jpg

Wormwood heard Maxwell needed something so he made it for him.

• Like 5

Spoiler
On 21.09.2019 at 8:54 AM, ImpactedTooth said:

Bah, I burned a couple fingers and fell off the wagon again. It's better now so here are two new items and some doodles to try and get back on track.

1C6Kywx.jpg

I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! The Pufferfish is poisonous unless you crock pot it with a couple of others and a flint.It will also be able to be made into a monkey ball that poisons anything that plays with it.

Some doodles:

9YJVSOw.jpg

Wormwood heard Maxwell needed something so he made it for him.

Every time I come in here, I'm really excited about your sketches, arts, because I really like them. Here is simply the brain explodes from such work:wilson_dorky:

I want you to continue to do all this, you are wonderful at it:wilson_love:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Russian Philin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Every time I come in here, I'm really excited about your sketches, arts, because I really like them. Here is simply the brain explodes from such work:wilson_dorky:

I want you to continue to do all this, you are wonderful at it:wilson_love:

Aw, you made my day! You are so sweet, thank you very much! I really appreciate it!:wilson_love:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

Cooked sea hedgehog looks like a combination of Durian fruit and cooked eel. Looks really yummy.

The Maxwell piece is so cute.:wilson_ecstatic:

Is the Wilson one supposed to be dark on purpose?

Thank you!

No. Just a botched butchering of a fish. I made a terrible mess of my kitchen doing the same thing.

• Haha 1

Inktober dump. It's been a nice change to work with paper and pen.But my brain always freezes when I want to lasso or undo something.

Enhcanted:

PbsSFO1.jpg

Frail:

JPfjOH9.jpg

Shippy ones.

Spoiler

Bait: This one could be interpreted differently. I thought it was funny.

tRznUXF.jpg

Freeze:

XVo6L1O.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2