Question for Shipwrecked dlc

seaven

Before I begin I just want to say that I am sorry if this isn't in the right category but I could not submit this into the faq section. Please skip to the third section of this below to cut to the point if you want to skip the backstory but please an answer is needed asap.

I just wanted to ask how the dlc works for don't starve. I don't have reign of giants nor do I have shipwrecked, just regular old Don't starve and Don't starve together not that the latter matters. But I did not want reign of giants because I didn't like some of the changes reign of giants had compared to regular don't starve. I like don't starve the way it is and I hope there are no more updates with it again. I do however, want to play shipwrecked but I am afraid shipwreck will change regular don't starve so please tell me how it works. Does it mix shipwreck with don't starve or are the games separate, similar to how don't starve and don't starve together are separate games? I want to be able to switch between playing regular don't starve and shipwrecked. I love being able to play regular don't starve where rabbits never starve to death, crockpot foods never rot on the crockpot till harvested, a bunch of things are not nerfed so hard for multiplayer balances such as a herd of beefalos still being able to be a threat to deerclops and log armor still being relevant defensive armor for a long while. I go back to don't starve compared to don't starve together when playing alone because don't starve together is waaaay too tough to be playing single player as the giants are toooooo strong. I love the simplicity of don't starve compared to don't starve together when playing alone and I don't want shipwreck to change my simple don't starve. Don't starve shipwreck looks really fun and I don't mind the changes from it as long as I can jump back to old don't starve anytime I want a simple gameplay.

So basically, can I switch between the two games of don't starve and shipwrecked, or does having shipwreck mix the two games together and I'll never be able to play old don't starve again with how simple and easy the original game is?

I also would like to add that does having reign of giants also mix regular don't starve with it so you can't go back and play regular don't starve or can you switch between the two as well as switching between don't starve and don't starve together? Thanks.

You will still be able to play the old Don't Starve if you wish so. Here's how it works:

The DLCs add up to the original Don't Starve game.

Everytime you create a new world, you get to choose if that world will have Reign of Giants / Shipwrecked additional content or not (obviously, if you have only acquired RoG DLC, you will only be able to add that content, and the same thing on the contrary).

2016-12-23 02.53.49.jpg

Depending on which box you check, the world where you will spawn will be Reign of Giants OR Shipwrecked, never both at the same time. If you just want the good old classic Don't Starve world, simply leave both squares unchecked.

1 hour ago, Martin45900 said:

You will still be able to play the old Don't Starve if you wish so. Here's how it works:

The DLCs add up to the original Don't Starve game.

Everytime you create a new world, you get to choose if that world will have Reign of Giants / Shipwrecked additional content or not (obviously, if you have only acquired RoG DLC, you will only be able to add that content, and the same thing on the contrary).

2016-12-23 02.53.49.jpg

Depending on which box you check, the world where you will spawn will be Reign of Giants OR Shipwrecked, never both at the same time. If you just want the good old classic Don't Starve world, simply leave both squares unchecked.

Alright thank you so much. The picture helped a ton too and I'm glad about how the dlc works then.

On 12/22/2016 at 10:09 PM, Martin45900 said:

Yeah the game is really awesome. Idk wasup with the comments because everytime I try to post, it keeps quoting something rather than me just posting without quotes :/. But yeah the game shipwrecked i play more than regular don't starve vanilla because I love the whole island survival theme.

I think it was just bugged because right now when I click on the reply box there are no quotes but then yesterday, doing the same thing would get a quote and I couldn't delete the entire quote thing. But thanks for the help

Archived