Starver's Carol Video (Also Hotfix LIVE 201210, BETA 210220)

32 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you haven't played the game recently =)

Misunderstood. We don't want to put the video up there, because it's not canon, but glad you like it! =)

No problem Joew, thx for your answer and thx again Klei ;)

I'm kinda glad these aren't their canon voices because I imagine them so different, and perhaps Webber's a little more monster like.

but my gosh I loved this video so much?? Wonderful voices and animation aaa <3 I would love more shorts like this.

2 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Webber sounding like a goblin mixed with a duck

You know you love it.

This is so beautiful. I wish DS could have its own little series, but I know that it's impossible with all your work. I will forever be the queen impossible hopes.

Also, who had their inner fan frantically screaming at the almost pairing, among other things. (Still not canon, that's why I'm the queen of impossible hopes.)

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 1

It's so amazing...and yet so WEIRD!  I'm so used to hearing them sounding like instruments instead of humans, it's almost like...if you hear Sims speaking plain English (or whatever your own native language is) instead of Simlish.  Also, you know?  Willow's voice sounds closer to Wendy's deeper flute pitch, to me....but I can understand how it might be hard to go THAT FREAKING HIGH.  : P  (I myself can only hit Willow-notes briefly for a few notes at a time, and by kinda ripping my throat out temporarily.)

But Webber's voice is OHMYGODSOPERFECTHAHA.  That...kinda works.  Still almost as weird as his in-game sound, but with a voice instead of an instrument.  Brilliant!

Of course, what truly shines is the song itself.  It's like the ultimate of those more kind of gloomy (and awesome)-sounding medieavally Christmas carols in a minor key.  And the lyrics boil the sentiment down to the core idea behind _all_ the winter holidays:

It's cold and dark and depressing!  But if we stick together, make colourful things to cheer ourselves up, eat good food and yell at the darkness, we can get through this and the sun will come back!

That's pretty much all it's ever been.  :)

...Notorious

• Like 8

Personally, I think of Webber's voice being a mix of really high tones and super deep, eerie tones due to him being two entities. He's a child but he's got creepy aspects, too. The perfect, odd mix of those tones would lead to a very frightening voice!

To me, Wilson sounds a bit British in my head. And Willow's voice in this video is literally perfect to me.

14 minutes ago, CaptainFun said:

That's really neat. Who voices who in this short?

I was gonna ask exactly this... XD

Really, it was awesome and unexpected, to see DS chars talk (or sing to be more exact) all of a sudden. Yeah, though the voices are not canon, but still, awesome! For some reason, I especially liked Webber's. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:
  Hide contents

Special Snowflakes
specialsnow1.png specialsnow2.png specialsnow3.png specialsnow4.png specialsnow5.png

Hide contents

Winter Snowflakes (Added in last Thursday's patch)
wintersnow1.png wintersnow2.png wintersnow3.png wintersnow4.png

Regular Snow
snow.png

Mind fixing these? The images seem to be broken.

I asked this in the other thread but who wrote the song in the first place? Just curious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I was sad to find out this wasn't true :c

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Instant-Noodles

• Special Snowflake
  • Instant-Noodles;Congrats on the title

Instant-Noodles

• Instant-Noodles

KIel @JoeW why you took it all you took it all away you spoofed me HOW COULD YOU!!! nice job :p you can't take it away I saw it and copied it so I will know the TRUTH!! you can't fool ctrl c and ctrl p

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

KIel @JoeW why you took it all you took it all away you spoofed me HOW COULD YOU!!! nice job :p you can't take it away I saw it and copied it so I will know the TRUTH!! you can't fool ctrl c and ctrl p

"Special snowflake" has a negative meaning and I was concerned that it might end up being annoying for him later, he was cool with losing the title - I couldn't think of a better one I sent him a suggestion and I am waiting for a reply =)

• Like 15