Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

AlbertDelRiver

Wigfrid is considered OP? Why..!?

Recommended Posts

minespatch    64,106
2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

-"You not stronger than my muscles, strong lady. Wolfgang likes tiny hat though"

-"A true warriör needs nöt tö feast that öften!" 

ariel wink.gifI ship it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silxer    385
5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

At this point I believe this thread deserves an everlasting spot in the game, perhaps as a random coment when Wig examines Wolfgang, or the other way around.

-"You not stronger than my muscles, strong lady. Wolfgang likes tiny hat though"

-"A true warriör needs nöt tö feast that öften!" 

 

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

ariel wink.gifI ship it.

*cough* *cough*

Spoiler

love_and_meat_by_seanica-d8ngypm.jpg

I'm sorry for bumping this guys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silvercide    1,419

Everybody!

I have discovered the true source of the OPness! 

 

WILBUR

He can out run nearly anything and uses manure as a weapon! What's more op than fecal weaponry? NOTHING!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    64,106
1 hour ago, Silvercide said:

He can out run nearly anything and uses manure as a weapon!

Wait, does this mean he might be a relative of the tf2 sniper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Curator    1,154

This post is a grave bump. Which in normal forums is against the rules.

This post questions why this thread is appropriate for this kind of discussion, when it has already been derailed and is no longer active.

This post laughs at people that think comparing Wigfrid to more overpowered characters makes her balanced, when they blatantly fail to compare her to average characters in order to discover how clearly overpowered she is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsPizzaTime    836
51 minutes ago, The Curator said:

This post laughs at people that think comparing Wigfrid to more overpowered characters makes her balanced, when they blatantly fail to compare her to average characters in order to discover how clearly overpowered she is.

So we should buff everyone who is weak to make them Wigfrid tier? Or just nerf Wigfrid and still have other OP characters and now another average character? What is your point?

 

Also, the thread is derailed because it's the majority that thinks this topic in general is a joke at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    20,145
9 hours ago, The Curator said:

This post is a grave bump. Which in normal forums is against the rules.

It has been inactive for less than a month. Besides, in my eyes you only "necro" a topic once it's a year old and/or the discussion is not needed anymore because Klei made a fix, a dev said something about the matter or something similar.

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

This post questions why this thread is appropriate for this kind of discussion, when it has already been derailed and is no longer active.

If you wish to continue the discussion, I'll make sure not to let people derail it.

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

This post laughs at people that think comparing Wigfrid to more overpowered characters makes her balanced, when they blatantly fail to compare her to average characters in order to discover how clearly overpowered she is.

That's the OP, but if I remember correctly many came to argue the opposite. You can state your side of the argument again here if you want, or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toros    1,105
10 hours ago, The Curator said:

This post is a grave bump. Which in normal forums is against the rules.

This post questions why this thread is appropriate for this kind of discussion, when it has already been derailed and is no longer active.

This post laughs at people that think comparing Wigfrid to more overpowered characters makes her balanced, when they blatantly fail to compare her to average characters in order to discover how clearly overpowered she is.

I want to thank you for this post not because it's remotely reasonable or accurate, but because the utter lack of critical thinking frees me from any hope of trying to explain to you the reality of the situation, and thus any wasted effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Curator    1,154
13 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

So we should buff everyone who is weak to make them Wigfrid tier? Or just nerf Wigfrid and still have other OP characters and now another average character? What is your point?

Amusing that you state two of the three possible outcomes in order to disprove the point, and completely fail to mention the third outcome.

Nerfing all of the overpowered characters to make them fair. Instead you point out the two unreasonable ways to handle the situation as if to make a fool, and ignore the intelligent way to solve the problem. That is, approximately, the intellectual limitations of the people discussing the situation. The inability to properly look at design problems from a broad standpoint. The only options you can see are ones that cause more problems, blatantly not seeing the one that clearly fixes the issue. Balancing all of the unfair characters. An unbelievable concept.

 

And the post above is a joke. Saying the original is void of critical thinking, when their post in turn has no critical thinking and is just them saying negative words with no backup points or retaliations against what they protest in order to prove their point. Their post criticizes something the original does not have, when their post criticizing it embodies exactly what they are attempting to critique. They are not saying anything, they are literally just throwing bad phrases at the targeted post. Which is in turn, what they are condemning the original post for.

An utter, joke.

 

And so, this is why arguing is pointless. Because these behavioral patterns are the primary ones humans display when they are confronted with a debate. Pointing out that people fail to acknowledge proper thinking by comparing overpowered characters to more overpowered characters in order to prove the former is balanced, which is completely absurd logic. And then they reply by only acknowledging even more ridiculous ways to solve the problem, ignoring the obvious solution of balancing everything.

The only real question is how these people function in society, when this is how they think when faced with a problem. If the normal members of the species did this, would the world not being in complete chaos and disarray. Rhetorical statement, inferring the reality of the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donke60    3,095
3 hours ago, The Curator said:

Amusing that you state two of the three possible outcomes in order to disprove the point, and completely fail to mention the third outcome.

Nerfing all of the overpowered characters to make them fair. Instead you point out the two unreasonable ways to handle the situation as if to make a fool, and ignore the intelligent way to solve the problem. That is, approximately, the intellectual limitations of the people discussing the situation. The inability to properly look at design problems from a broad standpoint. The only options you can see are ones that cause more problems, blatantly not seeing the one that clearly fixes the issue. Balancing all of the unfair characters. An unbelievable concept.

 

And the post above is a joke. Saying the original is void of critical thinking, when their post in turn has no critical thinking and is just them saying negative words with no backup points or retaliations against what they protest in order to prove their point. Their post criticizes something the original does not have, when their post criticizing it embodies exactly what they are attempting to critique. They are not saying anything, they are literally just throwing bad phrases at the targeted post. Which is in turn, what they are condemning the original post for.

An utter, joke.

 

And so, this is why arguing is pointless. Because these behavioral patterns are the primary ones humans display when they are confronted with a debate. Pointing out that people fail to acknowledge proper thinking by comparing overpowered characters to more overpowered characters in order to prove the former is balanced, which is completely absurd logic. And then they reply by only acknowledging even more ridiculous ways to solve the problem, ignoring the obvious solution of balancing everything.

The only real question is how these people function in society, when this is how they think when faced with a problem. If the normal members of the species did this, would the world not being in complete chaos and disarray. Rhetorical statement, inferring the reality of the situation.

And you think your above humanity for pointing out social human flaws, even though you are human yourself? Everyone is aware of the balancing issues in Don't starve but as you said "balancing everything" that can not be reached without discussion no matter how much you or I or anyone thinks it may be pointless it may still need to be said for any reason the person saying it seems fit no matter if we disagree or not.

And you yourself have offered nothing to the conversation other then attacking anyone who thought to leave their opinion or thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toros    1,105
1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

Before anyone tries to argue with The Curator on character balance, you should know he's calling Wigfrid overpowered when he's never even played Wolfgang.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's trying to throw up a thesaurus the way people do when they try to pretend to be smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsPizzaTime    836
1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

Before anyone tries to argue with The Curator on character balance, you should know he's calling Wigfrid overpowered when he's never even played Wolfgang.

Because of this and many other reasons I have no reason to take them seriously anymore. If they were more constructive instead of trying to convey their hate in the most forum-allowed way possible then I feel like I would be more up for debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electroely    3,222

F***

WHO STARTED THIS POINTLESS THREAD UP AGAIN?

Can we just stop arguing on which one of Wigfrid Or Wolfgang is more overpowered than the other? They have similar perks but they're suited for different playstyles and jobs.

Wolfgang is better at doing things fast, with his mightiness speed boost and attack boost (letting him 1 hit kill a hound using a dark sword) at the cost of more food, which he would be able to obtain by killing things like Koalefants, spiders or hounds.

Wigfrid is more resource-efficient and group friendly, being able to craft and share her helm (which is almost twice as durable as a football helmet) and spear (twice as durable as a spear and has more attack damage, which is good for early-game fighting). Her battlehorn ability lets her heal her health and sanity without using up too much resources (only part of a spear if done right). Her natural defense also reduces the amount of healing or armor needed for a fight. Her carnivorous traits forces her to do more hunting early-game, which isn't a big problem for Wigfrid mains.

I think 15 pages of arguing is WAY TOO MUCH for 2 characters that have similar abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDeepDarkmind    436
5 minutes ago, Electroely said:

F***

WHO STARTED THIS POINTLESS THREAD UP AGAIN?

Can we just stop arguing on which one of Wigfrid Or Wolfgang is more overpowered than the other? They have similar perks but they're suited for different playstyles and jobs.

Wolfgang is better at doing things fast, with his mightiness speed boost and attack boost (letting him 1 hit kill a hound using a dark sword) at the cost of more food, which he would be able to obtain by killing things like Koalefants, spiders or hounds.

Wigfrid is more resource-efficient and group friendly, being able to craft and share her helm (which is almost twice as durable as a football helmet) and spear (twice as durable as a spear and has more attack damage, which is good for early-game fighting). Her battlehorn ability lets her heal her health and sanity without using up too much resources (only part of a spear if done right). Her natural defense also reduces the amount of healing or armor needed for a fight. Her carnivorous traits forces her to do more hunting early-game, which isn't a big problem for Wigfrid mains.

I think 15 pages of arguing is WAY TOO MUCH for 2 characters that have similar abilities.

yes I agree 15 pages is too much for 2 characters 

lets add  Mr.Roboman  and Wilson to this thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ItsPizzaTime    836
2 minutes ago, Electroely said:

F***

WHO STARTED THIS POINTLESS THREAD UP AGAIN?

Can we just stop arguing on which one of Wigfrid Or Wolfgang is more overpowered than the other? They have similar perks but they're suited for different playstyles and jobs.

Wolfgang is better at doing things fast, with his mightiness speed boost and attack boost (letting him 1 hit kill a hound using a dark sword) at the cost of more food, which he would be able to obtain by killing things like Koalefants, spiders or hounds.

Wigfrid is more resource-efficient and group friendly, being able to craft and share her helm (which is almost twice as durable as a football helmet) and spear (twice as durable as a spear and has more attack damage, which is good for early-game fighting). Her battlehorn ability lets her heal her health and sanity without using up too much resources (only part of a spear if done right). Her natural defense also reduces the amount of healing or armor needed for a fight. Her carnivorous traits forces her to do more hunting early-game, which isn't a big problem for Wigfrid mains.

I think 15 pages of arguing is WAY TOO MUCH for 2 characters that have similar abilities.

No no no see it's not just about Wigfrid v Wolfgang, see now it's "Wigfrid is overpowered" which actually means "EVERYONE WHO IS LIKE WIGFRID and WX IS OVERPOWERED". See, in the original thread when all they pointed out were the actual pros of Wigfrid and how good they are in comparison to half the roster they were really trying to say "EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE NERFED THATS LIKE WIGFRID" and they're just wanting us to know that we're basically not worthy of their input nor can they take anything that anyone else says seriously because we couldn't see through the strawman.

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

An utter, joke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    20,145

Yes, I'm aware this topic has been discussed a lot, but if you're tired of it you can simply unfollow this thread. Sometimes, discussions are rendered impossible because of unconstructive comments not related to the matter that's supposed to be discussed at all.

I'll be locking this since I don't think anyone is up to actually debate the char and how op or up she is, and because I don't want things to get any worse, with even more personal attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.