[Game Update] - Winter's Feast (LIVE 200740, BETA 200744)

For people who can't imagine what the song sounds like just by looking at the sheet music, here is a .ogg file of 'Starver's Carol.'

borf.JPG

Don't_Starve_Winter's_Feast__The_Starver's_Carol.ogg

Also it sounds kinda cool played by an organ so here ya go:

Don't_Starve_Winter's_Feast__The_Starver's_Carol_Organ.ogg

Edited by NeddoFreddo
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, NeddoFreddo said:

For people who can't imagine what the song sounds like just by looking at the sheet music, here is a .ogg file of 'Starver's Carol.'

borf.JPG

Don't_Starve_Winter's_Feast__The_Starver's_Carol.ogg

Also it sounds kinda cool played by an organ so here ya go:

Don't_Starve_Winter's_Feast__The_Starver's_Carol_Organ.ogg

Did you make this with MuseScore accidentaly? Because I also just made it because of the same reason, and it looks almost exactly the same! :D

However, I cannot play it, wich software can we use to play ogg-files? Or could you export these to an other music format, like mp3? I'm quite curious abaut the organ version but I don't want to create the sheet again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Did you make this with MuseScore accidentaly? Because I also just made it because of the same reason, and it looks almost exactly the same! :D

However, I cannot play it, wich software can we use to play ogg-files? Or could you export these to an other music format, like mp3? I'm quite curious abaut the organ version but I don't want to create the sheet again.

Lol, yeah I did use Musescore. I'm pretty sure Windows Media Player works fine with .oggs, that's what I used. If not, here's the .mp3 versions of both the tracks:

Don't_Starve_Winter's_Feast__The_Starver's_Carol.mp3

Don't_Starve_Winter's_Feast__The_Starver's_Carol_Organ.mp3

• Like 2

16 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I just realised how well made this Christmas update is. I think of the presents under the tree now. At first when I heard abaut it, I thought it's just a joke. But that it was confirmed in the stream, I tried it and it's true! It's just lovely!

Furthermore, I discovered abaut it, that you don't just get some gift, but it also depends on how did you behave during the time! Normally, you get 4 christmas cookies and two other items (these are usually good, I received a moggles once). However, if you were naughty, you'll get only one cookie and a charcoal! That's it. I recently killed a lot of birds and the next two times I got charcoal. It's amasing how much idea is there in this update!

What is this in reference to? You make it sound like presents spawn under the tree - is that really a thing?

3 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Which creatures are more likely to drop ornaments, all I've been getting is Christmas food. 

Pretty sure bosses have a much higher chance of dropping baubles, including non-seasonal ones like Spider Queen, Queen Bee and Treeguards.

Edited by NeddoFreddo
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, gabblox said:

What is this in reference to? You make it sound like presents spawn under the tree - is that really a thing?

Yep, exactly! :D Just try it: sleep on a bed roll next to a tree during a night. You'll hear it, and when you wake up, the present will be there! But it must be dark (around the tree at least), because Santa won't come if there's light.

• Like 2

Ohmygod, I had no idea!  (Mainly because I rarely sleep in-game...and the tree is near the firepit so it's not dark there. : P)  I tried it at my other, "experimental" server...and it worked!  Santa left me a present!

...it only had a pair of earmuffs, an eggnog and a back scratcher, but hey!  Winter clothing is always welcome when it's cold.

...Notorious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Yep, exactly! :D Just try it: sleep on a bed roll next to a tree during a night. You'll hear it, and when you wake up, the present will be there! But it must be dark (around the tree at least), because Santa won't come if there's light.

Thanks! I *never* sleep in game and when I do there's always a fire going. I was not going to find that out on my own.

• Like 1

I feel totally gaslighted by this because, as I posted in another topic, items that had been put  in chests turned up wrapped in presents under the tree. The two I'm surest about -- the winter hat with the green Santa hat skin and an eyebrella -- I positively KNOW were in the hat chest. However, the eyebrella had not been repaired when stowed, and the one found under the tree was at 100%. The green winter hat I made in autumn, after getting the skin, but stowed for winter, only to find that it had vanished from the hat chest. One of the presents under the tree contained a green winter hat, which I just assumed was the same one. I'm also pretty sure that I had leftover wrapping paper (used to make purely decorative presents filled with twigs) that also disappeared from a chest. 

On 16.12.2016 at 4:37 AM, V2C said:

An Uncommon Holiday
New winter skins have appeared to get our survivors into the winter spirit, and for a limited time, the chances of receiving a rare gift have been substantially increased!

anime-boy-black-and-white-kawaii-manga-F.

Oh, I see.

.Снимок.JPG

• Like 8

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Also did some testing and it also works if dark in a tent. I put one tent around a few trees and had pressies to tear open after the jingle sound. :D Also seems there are different potential rewards in certain pressies? The odd-shaped ones had coal + chrimbo food/decor and I had a perfectly square green one that was taller than the rest that had moonrocks, gems, and odds and ends. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mrxarous said:

Also did some testing and it also works if dark in a tent. I put one tent around a few trees and had pressies to tear open after the jingle sound. :D Also seems there are different potential rewards in certain pressies? The odd-shaped ones had coal + chrimbo food/decor and I had a perfectly square green one that was taller than the rest that had moonrocks, gems, and odds and ends. 

Nice! I also thought that it should work with a tent, but never tested. I allways used a rollbed, because you can place it anywhere, but a tent requires quite a lot space. 

• Like 1

Some more data:  I also got my present while in a tent. I think I did already have a pair of earmuffs in a chest...but none of the other stuff.  (I also haven't looked through my chests to see if the earmuffs were still there or not--IS it the same one...or a duplicate?)  The present was a smallish lumpy green one. 

Next time this happens, I'll try to take a picture BEFORE Willow pounces on it like a pack of wild varglings.  : P

...Notorious