DragonMage156

Maurice, not expecting sudden yelling from behind him, turned around and tried to dodge at the same time, resulting in him falling over awkwardly. He froze lying on his side when the strained, restless eyes of his peered at the monster in front. Anything he couldn't read from its face was suggested by the knife.

Thoughts shot through the madman's mind. "I shouldn't have trusted a random monster approaching us armed." "It waited until we'd let it slaughter us properly." "It must be with the winged one, a symbiosis. Food for protection." "You never told me what a journalist is." ... "Wait, what?"

Briefly clearing his throat while uprighting himself, Maurice asked softly: "Do you still want to know what a journalist is? As a journalist, I gather facts and enquire knowledge about recent happenings and report my results to others, like you. In other words: I learn things for you."

Then he sent up a short and hurried prayer that his imagination hadn't played another trick on him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Thoughts shot through the madman's mind. "I shouldn't have trusted a random monster approaching us armed." "It waited until we'd let it slaughter us properly." "It must be with the winged one, a symbiosis. Food for protection." "You never told me what a journalist is." ... "Wait, what?"

(You may wanna use italics or something to separate thoughts from speech cos for a moment, I though you were saying these things outloud)

Ria felt a chill as if there was a monster nearby. Fine! looks like I have to take matters into my own hands again. Geez, how did these people manage to survive so long?

Ria started going through someones backpack, she didn't care who it belonged to.

"Is there any fire wood in here?" she asked, getting attention of whoever it might belong to "Sunrider, see if you can go and fetch some fire wood nearby. If you can get help from the other monsters, that'll really help out a lot"

Sunrider wasn't sure about the idea of getting the leaf dragon and Mandragora to help get wood but he accepted the challenge. He went over to the leaf dragon. "Wanna help me gath- erm, get some wood?" he said in dragon.

Mandragora listened intently to the meatperson's words. When he finished speaking, she looked off into the dark woods and gazed absentmindely at nothing specific for a moment.

"You can learn for me...can you learn where my master went for me??"

As she said this, she looked straight into Maurice's face and her eyes widened with hope, her mouth bent into a smile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Geez, how did these people manage to survive so long?

( THE SASS!! )

Luma stands up and starts scrounging around bushes for twigs. --- "Isn't it a bad idea to split the team up? Also, that's most of our firepower --- Luma chuckles internally at her unintended pun --- being sent away. We could become monster midnight snack if they didn't find any firewood and we got attacked. Twigs should do us fine for the night. Please, guys, don't go." --- I just don't wanna die.

• Like 1

"Hm..." Ria thought for a moment then clicked her fingers. "Wait, we're surrounded by trees! We could probably break off some branches and use them for fire wood!"

Sunrider came back with a couple large sticks in his mouth. The leaf dragon had one too but he probably wants to chew on it more.

Maurice took a moment to think about what Mandragora said. Finding a missing person was more of a police job, but in the current state of society, he'd probably be the better choice. It honestly seemed like a hopeless task anyways.

In his silence, Ria got his attention with the words "Wait, we're surrounded by trees! We could probably break off some branches and use them for fire wood!" This girl is screwed without her companion, I say.

"Yes, I'll help you find your master. What is she like?"

Edited by Mobbstar
Formatting
  • Like 2

Maurice was going to help her find her master! Maybe this meatperson wasn’t so bad after all!

“Yay!!” Mandragora skipped happily around Maurice, completely disregarding his personal space.

Eventually Mandragora became too tired to continue skipping, and stopped in place. She looked dizzily at Maurice.

“Unnnhhh…my master…he is a plantcreature like me…red eye…green cellulose…and the head of a bulb…!” she said as she tried to keep her balance.

Then she fell on her face, still conscious.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2017 at 7:16 PM, Mobbstar said:

This girl is screwed without her companion, I say.

(Well I never...!)

Ria thought about her last statement and thought it sounded rather stupid of her. "Heh... I never used to hang out in forests much during the night, let along building a fire" she scratched her head sheepishly before turning to Sunrider. "Whoa, those sticks are quite big. Lemmie look at those" she retrieved the sticks from Sunrider. "Think you could find some more while I set these up?" Sunrider nodded and went to look around some more. There's quite a lot of sticks and twigs on the ground from the rampaging monsters. He probably wouldn't need to break any from the trees himself.

Ria noticed the little leaf dragon bouncing around at her feet. "Oh? What is it little guy?"

• Like 2

It took Mandragora some effort to get back up. She struggled to skip around with her knife in hand.

She turned toward the closest tree, and skipped to it.

“…I…will dig a hole to sleep in…!!” she said groggily.

Then she stabbed the earth , and tried to dig. Tired and dizzy from the best day ever wasn't a good state to dig in.

“Plantcreature...could you help me…?” she said, looking at him, her drowsy gaze unable to detect him.

Edited by Sketched_Philo
"The best day ever"
  • Like 2

Ria started setting the sticks in a tent-like formation for the fire. "Now we just need some kindling..." she began picking up twigs, dead leaves and anything else she could find nearby.

Sunrider returned with heaps of firewood and sticks.

"Good boy" she said as she took the wood and laid it on the ground, not too close to the campfire. "This should do for now"

Ria took a couple steps back before looking at Sunrider. She smiled a knowing smile and clicked her finders. Then Sunrider set the fire ablaze.

Ria sat by the fire and Sunrider joined her.

A loud rustling is heard in the bushes around the camp.  A few critters run out of the brush, and some birds take off into the night sky.  Rather abruptly, a huge head pokes out of the trees, attracted by the fire.  A snakelike tongue flickers out of its mouth, and it walks out of the forest, moving with a sort of slithering music.  It glances at the humans and dragon next to the fire; then it flops down and falls asleep.

• Like 1

Maurice just stared at the monster. He didn't recall ever having seen something like this.

"Forget the food, I think I need to lay down." What little the madman had gathered slit down his throat, so he could hastily start arranging a somewhat comfortable resting place for himself.

“Aiiiieee!!” shrieked Mandragora, startled by the rustling in the bushes.

She held onto her knife and tried to jump into the hole to hide from any meatbeasts that came from the darkness.

However, being dizzy made her lose her balance, and she fell facefirst onto the hole instead.

She flailed her feet around, trying to use her appendages to stand up.

• Like 1

As soon as the creature jumped out of the bushes, Luma bended her knees slightly and prepared to run at the smallest sign of hostility. Her eyes felt as though they were being forced open by a contraption out of Ludovico's technique, and with that came a sense of bother out of not being able to see as clearly as she would without the mask. The lenses were tinted, and it did not help at all that they hadn't been cleaned in what seemed to be ages. --- Quick. Think of a song. Calm the hell down. --- The riff for Girl Afraid enters her mind. --- It hasn't bitten anyone's leg off yet. Which doesn't mean it eventually won't. But if you remain this worried, you'll just trip and fall when trying to get away. Now isn't that convenient? --- She tried to relax, her eyes still glued to the creature she couldn't distinguish properly through the dirty glass or the backs of her companions. --- Also doesn't help that you have that screech held down your throat. --- Luma almost let out the aforementioned screech. --- Just shut up.

Edited by ~Matt
Correcting colour
  • Like 1

(WOOOOPS!!)

Ria shifted to the opposite side of the fire and sat down with caution. "W-well... hopefully it isn't hostile..."

Sunrider did the same, not taking his eye's off the creature incase there was any hostility.

"Is it me or have we encountered more monsters since joining this group? Better yet, non-hostile ones."

While attempting to fall asleep (which was as usual futile), the madman started feeling like the things he just experienced were real and he was acting very weirdly. Again. "I really need to explain to the new guys what's going on with me soon.", he mumbled to himself. Thinking about this exhausted him oddly much, so he fell asleep quickly and quietly.

• Like 1

There was quite a bit of noise. Crickets, cracking fire, beasts roaring in the distance. But despite all that, everyone was able to sleep to their best ability.

Morning came and everyone was still asleep. It didn't take them long to wake up however due to the nearby stomping and growling. Ria stood up, a bit dizzy due to her only just waking up. The rest of the people followed suit.

The noise persisted for a little bit. Then it smashed through the trees with it's giant snout.

"ROCKODILE! RUN!" Ria screamed. She jumped on Sunrider and took to the air again. "Rockodiles are slow so you should be able to outrun it!" she called to the others. She looked back where the creature was "That looks like the same one we encountered at that township..." she said, sounding confused "But it can't be... the one we ran into was smaller..."

• Like 1