[Game Update] - Winter's Feast (BETA 199914)

3 minutes ago, gabblox said:

I kinda like that it's not under structures. The structures tab is already huge. Since it uses poop and it grows it makes sense in my mind for it to be nested with farms.

Except that it's not really edible or related to the creation of anything edible. It's just a fancy, festive decoration.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Except that it's not really edible or related to the creation of anything edible. It's just a fancy, festive decoration.

I agree with the conceptual argument against, but I can also appreciate why it's there. As they add more and more content the structures tab is starting to feel really bloated. I hope they add even more options for flooring and additional quality of life things like mini signs, and as they do the structures tab is going to be less and less convenient to find what you want. 

I think it would be wise to start moving things like the birdcage and scarecrow up under food too (and rename it 'farm' or something). In my mind it would make sense for the fridge to be under science and gunpowder to be under refine or fight.

Edited by gabblox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gabblox said:

I agree with the conceptual argument against, but I can also appreciate why it's there. As they add more and more content the structures tab is starting to feel really bloated. I hope they add even more options for flooring and additional quality of life things like mini signs, and as they do the structures tab is going to be less and less convenient to find what you want. 

I think it would be wise to start moving things like the birdcage and scarecrow up under food too (and rename it 'farm' or something). In my mind it would make sense for the fridge to be under science and gunpowder to be under refine or fight.

Yeah, I can see where you're going with this. I think having "food" relabeled as "farm" and shuffling a few things around could help to reduce a bit of the bloat. There's also a few things in survival that seem like they'd fit better in tools such as the fishing rod, and bug net. It might be a bit of a pain to get used to, but I certainly agree that it might be time to redistribute a few things among the other tabs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I think their is a miscommunication due to confusing subject change.

I believe @Michi01 is referring to Toadstool, but I might be wrong.

Nope I was actually referring to Klaus, he respawns after 20 days no matter which season. It just really bothers me that a boss that takes less prep than dragonfly, queen bee or toadstool can drop their items. Also I got 5 lavae eggs from 10 Klauses so it appears he drops them more commonly than dragonfly which is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

They'll definitely keep the event in worldgen settings, but as for base game?

V( '-' )V

if they keep klaus, it would be an exclusive drop to klaus after the event :D. It does not have to fill any hunger but it does have a value to me :D. i know its a personal request but maybe they listen who knows :p.

Edited by Gingerbread

I've waited a through half of a winter, then a full autumn, then another full winter. I still don't see a loot sack anywhere :/ I even did c_gonext("klaus_sack") to see if it had spawned but it's not there. Is he not enabled on a non-RoG world? Or did it mess up because my world is oldish (around 200 days)?

9 minutes ago, CammoAmmo said:

I've waited a through half of a winter, then a full autumn, then another full winter. I still don't see a loot sack anywhere :/ I even did c_gonext("klaus_sack") to see if it had spawned but it's not there. Is he not enabled on a non-RoG world? Or did it mess up because my world is oldish (around 200 days)?

Do c_gonext("deerspawningground"), and if there's none, then there won't be a sack.

I looked at the content retrofitter:

local deciduousfn = function(x, y, z, prefab)
	return TheWorld.Map:GetTileAtPoint(x, y, z) == GROUND.DECIDUOUS
end

print ("Retrofitting for A New Reign: Herd Mentality.")
RetrofitNewContentPrefab(inst, "deerspawningground", 1, 10, deciduousfn)

It seems that adds new spawning grounds only on deciduous turf (which you do not have because it's a non-RoG world).

• Like 3

So I'm confused about something-

I know that you're supposed to use a deer antler to open the Klaus Sack, which will spawn Klaus who will drop the REAL key.

However, whenever I try to use any of my deer antlers on the sack, my character says "I can't do that." Am I missing something? I don't know if it's a bug or not.