[Game Update] - Winter's Feast (BETA 199914)

It looks like Klaus' sack is spawned some time between day 20 to 24 if the starting season is autumn, so the sack will not spawn in the initial winter of a winter start. Is this correct? I guess this is because it's tied to the deer herd and migration stuff which also starts in autumn. Any chance you guys could put in an exception for winter starts? Spawn the deers midway through their migration patterns or something? 

p.s. here's a minor graphical bug I came across:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BluesyBuesy said:

It looks like Klaus' sack is spawned some time between day 20 to 24 if the starting season is autumn, so the sack will not spawn in the initial winter of a winter start. Is this correct? I guess this is because it's tied to the deer herd and migration stuff which also starts in autumn. Any chance you guys could put in an exception for winter starts? Spawn the deers midway through their migration patterns or something? 

p.s. here's a minor graphical bug I came across:

Do you know if it easier to fight him without killing the deer?

2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Killing the deers: he gets around triple health, and can only do the melee attacks

Not Killing the deers: he stays at normal health, and can use the deers to cast lava/ice attacks which can cause you to overheat/freeze.

Normal health is about 10k

"Triple" health is about 27k i believe

Then after you kill him you have to kill him again which always have around 13k health.

If you think you're good enough to dodge all attacks and still be able to land a hit, then obviously go for not killing the deers, but killing the deers is safer I think.

I'm not sure if his damage is increased when you kill the deers.

Edited by Aquaterion

49 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

If you kill the deers, klaus get about 75000 HP(1500 shadow meteors damage) for its first life, and then another 30k HP for second life (750~800 shadowmeteors).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GregorSamsa said:

So, I just got this item called "Eternal Fruitcake". At first, i thought it's just one of the festive foods, but when I tried to eat it, Wolfgang said his belly is not strong enough for that. As you all know, Wolfgang doesn't usually reject food, so I inspected the item and Wolfgang said "Wolfgang doesn't trust little fruit loaf". I tried feeding it to pig king, he rejected it as well. What gives?

20161209205831_1.jpg

So, I decided to see each character's quotes when trying to eat that abomination delicious christmas goodness.

whyklei

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ScoutBonk444 said:

20161209205831_1.jpg

So, I decided to see each character's quotes when trying to eat that abomination delicious christmas goodness.

whyklei

Yep, I saw that too... (also reported it in the bug tracker.)

Did you try the other characters too? Does anyone else have the same problem?

11 minutes ago, ScoutBonk444 said:

20161209205831_1.jpg

whyklei

I think I have finially meet my profile pic. Mind if I use it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mday said:

If you kill the deers, klaus get about 75000 HP(1500 shadow meteors damage) for its first life, and then another 30k HP for second life (750~800 shadowmeteors).

I don't know if this is accurate, as he seems to have immunity time, as well as health regeneration. My values were way smaller

Edited by Aquaterion

6 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

I don't know if this is accurate, as he seems to have immunity times, as well as health regeneration. My values were way smaller

try this:

1) Host game

2) c_spawn("klaus",1)

3) c_spawn("shadowmeteor", 100) <-- do this 15 times. Put 10 x n times more meteors in if klaus isn't dead after 1500 meteors

Then, try this

1) Host game

2) c_godmode(1)

3) c_spawn("klaus",1)

4) c_give("nightsword", 12)

5) kill klaus with darksword, then count how many sword you have left.

Both have very similar result. It may have been some kind of damage resistance causing this but the damage required is somewhere close to 75000 damage.

Edit:

Also try 

1) Host game

2) c_spawn("klaus",1)

3) c_spawn("shadowmeteor", 1500) Put 10 x n times more meteors in if klaus isn't dead after 1500 meteors

Edited by Mday
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:

They just get a different look in christmas, by the way. They are fully unrelated to Christmas(which is wonderful).

Yeah that's what it looked like, but I couldn't find any mention of a regular look. I guess they might not be in if this is accurate.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Yeah that's what it looked like, but I couldn't find any mention of a regular look. I guess they might not be in if this is accurate.

Outside of christmas the gifts are bundled supplies(or rather, look like them at least), the deers are their normal colors and their chains as well as klaus' are grey/black instead of gold.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Outside of christmas the gifts are bundled supplies(or rather, look like them at least), the deers are their normal colors and their chains as well as klaus' are grey/black instead of gold.

Sweet!

10 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

c7e42487d3710d84264137c2c9f388ab.png

his horns are also brown instead

• Like 3