Klei DST skin spam

2 hours ago, halfrose said:

@Arlesienne , I don't know, I kind of like feeding them, it is amusing to see the replies until they contradicts themselves, loses all the senses or gets overworked about it XD

.Not gonna happen, unless I see some of the DST stuff added to DS.

To make the things worse both games are stained and I can't currently play any of them, one has SW that is medicore at best (I really hoped for more integrated DLC like RoG), the other one got some cool stuff like improved caves and new bosses like Bee Queen.

The end result is I hate both games now, for missing stuff, and can't enjoy any of them anymore.

Main reason that I stopped making any mods whatsoever.

18 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

the other one got some cool stuff like improved caves and new bosses like Bee Queen.

You say this right when you said  "playing it solo on the other hand is impossible due to epic 100k HP bosses" even while for bee queen you need much more players or much more complex ways to defeat her than your "imposible 100k HP boss" aka toadstool.

@halfrose You were right,its fun to see how they contradict themselves!

18 minutes ago, EdgyRick said:

Klei makes 0 money off of skins, players are selling the skins, not Klei, idiots.

If you have ever sold a skin on the Community Market you know that you don't get all of the money the buyer pays because some of it goes to steam and some goes to Klei. So they are making money off of skins and when people spend a lot on skins when they first come out Klei makes more money- right now they are releasing free DLC's like ANR so from DST they are only making money by making skins.

47 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

If you're referring to the ANR stuff, it's been said many-a-time and it'll be said again.

It will not fit with the lore.

ANR is Charlie's touch on the world, which happens after the events of DS. RoG/SW is Maxwell's, to put it simply.

However, if you're talking about gameplay mechanics and quality-of-life things like the new crafting menu, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, the ANR stuff should be left to the modders to put in DS.

5 hours ago, _Q_ said:

DST sucks and should not exist as a separete game anyway.

Now instead of ONE game with SP and MP choices we got 2 games with different direction and content, its beyond annoying.

Also the skin spam don't bring anything cool gameplay wise.

As I said before, this gives the artists something to do. 

I'm confused why you bother making a topic and debunking their work on the game, which is completely unfair and pretty rude to the developers.

You don't HAVE to play DS/DST every day, plenty of different games to play if you don't like their decisions.

Keep in mind that SW was a DLC made by Klei after teaming up with Capy. So it's very hard to merge 2 games with Don't Starve having an entire DLC made by a different corporation. Also this content is completely free, you're not spending a penny.

48 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

To make the things worse both games are stained and I can't currently play any of them, one has SW that is medicore at best (I really hoped for more integrated DLC like RoG), the other one got some cool stuff like improved caves and new bosses like Bee Queen.

The end result is I hate both games now, for missing stuff, and can't enjoy any of them anymore.

Klei is actually trying their best to make this into a multiplayer game, they work at optimal speed right now and making seasonal events that are for a full year, means this game is gonna keep getting developed and gonna be kept on developing till we MIGHT have a whole new world to survive in, this is a whole new game that they are trying to make from an old singleplayer one, which they actually made fine progress. It requires ideas, fine artists and great coders, and they still are trying to keep the game as it is but more developed and new. Dst is a change, that shows that it might reach popularity like some other games (minecraft, but not talking that it should be like it), this is a whole new presentation what and how can be games created, even some modders made some great progress on that! Some maybe makes totally unrelated to ds world things, but why not? Mods are nice as adding something you want in there, but it doesn't mean any or most should be in the actual game, which I am talking about that even some mods can relate. The skins are for fun, if people pays for them - they use money for service and satisfaction, same goes for plushies, they are for fun, and klei earns that money to pay the devs, the rent or wherever they are working at and other people who who are helping with their bills money and whatever. So if you aren't satisfied with the service, wait for improvements or dont play at all, I don't care, because a lot of complaining never solves anything. I have my patience and I actually still see progress and hard work, I love dst and klei, and I love the community, everything here is almost wonderful, but people still complain.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

This is a separate game, "make ds content in dst" that makes no sense, because ds is maxwells reign, and dst is charlie's, it would make them into the same game, play dst alone then, would fulfill your wishes

26 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

If you're referring to the ANR stuff, it's been said many-a-time and it'll be said again.

It will not fit with the lore.

ANR is Charlie's touch on the world, which happens after the events of DS. RoG/SW is Maxwell's, to put it simply.

However, if you're talking about gameplay mechanics and quality-of-life things like the new crafting menu, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, the ANR stuff should be left to the modders to put in DS.

Exactly. This is also the reason why DS and DST are separate. 

7 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Exactly. This is also the reason why DS and DST are separate. 

There is no valid reason to keep those 2 games as separete games.

DST development started during the RoG development for DS, it was annouced much later.

Still I dont see a problem in adding true SP mode to DST and removing DS whatsoever, but that won't happen we have now 2 games that should be 1 game.

How to turn your players away? Make 2 versions of the same game, and then start selling both of them.

This is really bad situation, that didn't have to happen at all.

DST shoul never happen in this form with DS still exisitng, it all should be merged into one game, then we would have everything in one cool game, now we have something here and something there, but both are about the same.

I'm not interested in lore and DS has no story whatsoever, almost whole story of this game is on the forum in puzzles that were posted on updates, in game there is nothing.

DST shoul never happen in this form with DS still exisitng

Following this logic, nothing will ever get a sequel.

How to turn your players away? Make 2 versions of the same game, and then start selling both of them.

As far as I know I got my DST copy free of charge. It was gifted to us way back.

27 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I'm not interested in lore and DS has no story whatsoever, almost whole story of this game is on the forum in puzzles that were posted on updates, in game there is nothing.

I mean, character quotes...

28 minutes ago, Mday said:

Following this logic, nothing will ever get a sequel.

As far as I know I got my DST copy free of charge. It was gifted to us way back.

Its sold for people that didn't own DS at the time, you can buy just DST or DS.

This whole mess makes me sad.

We have 2 versions of the same game, one old and outdated and the other that is updated with new things but overtaken by cosmetic crap spam.

I just need to finish one mod for a friend and will be able to uninstall and hide them both in my library, so I don't need to look at them ever again.

2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Its sold for people that didn't own DS at the time, you can buy just DST or DS.

This whole mess makes me sad.

We have 2 versions of the same game, one old and outdated and the other that is updated with new things but overtaken by cosmetic crap spam.

I just need to finish one mod for a friend and will be able to uninstall and hide them both in my library, so I don't need to look at them ever again.

ZnHqVtJ.jpg

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, this thread is going nowhere. @_Q_, if you don't like DST, then don't play it. Simple as that.

And with that said, I'm done with this thread.

I like DS, DST is just new version od DS, stained with cosmetic crap spam and without proper SP mode.

So can't play DS cause its lacking new  things, and can't play DST cause its lacking proper SP mode.

Both games went downhill, thanks to making 2 versions of the same game.

Now DS got SW but the stuff like better caves and new bosses has more value for me than SW that is not even properly integrated into main game.

In the end bot games ended bad for me, so I wont be sticking with any of them, as its not worth time and effort.

Not to mention we were quite close to getting 3 versions of the same game as SW was planned a stand alone expansion, and its really close to that anyway without any integration with main game, beside the boat to get there.

To bad it ends this but whatever.

Good luck next time, I'm out.

9 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I like DS, DST is just new version od DS, stained with cosmetic crap spam and without proper SP mode.

So can't play DS cause its lacking new  things, and can't play DST cause its lacking proper SP mode.

Define "Proper SP mode". You can literally play DST on your own without logging in. It even disables those god forsaken skins you hate so much!

The only multiplayer exclusive change i can think of are the monster health changes and teleportato. Which are both fixed with mods! And you don't care about SW since you said the new DST content has more value than them, so whats the harm?

Oh but you surely aint talking about "Adventure mode", that doesn't even use caves and wont use any DST content.

The one thing I can agree with is that I hope Klei continues to add content to Don't Starve. I don't care that much about lore, so I don't really mind whether there's not a great explanation for the addition, as there wasn't for Shipwrecked, which I liked a lot. I can easily see myself getting tired of DST and going back to single player for a while, and I am very willing to pay for additional content there. People are so cheap. This game would be a deal at triple the price tag given the many, many hours of pleasure it's given me. (Compare to a movie ticket, for example.) I want Klei to continue to make enough money from it that they feel it's worth continuing to build on the base. Most of the skins I'm indifferent to, but the ones I like (chest skins!) I really, really like. 

You *can* play a solo version of DST, but it's not really meant to be played that way and I expect that when I return to single player I'll really enjoy kiting without lag. 

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

There is no valid reason to keep those 2 games as separete games.

DST development started during the RoG development for DS, it was annouced much later.

Still I dont see a problem in adding true SP mode to DST and removing DS whatsoever, but that won't happen we have now 2 games that should be 1 game.

This is really bad situation, that didn't have to happen at all.

DST shoul never happen in this form with DS still exisitng, it all should be merged into one game, then we would have everything in one cool game, now we have something here and something there, but both are about the same.

As I understand, Don't Starve was never meant to have multiplayer to begin with. Later on, Klei started working on Don't Starve Together, due to popular demand (and why not, since Don't Starve had gained popularity). Don't Starve Together turned out very good, atleast if you ask me. However, I understand some of the more frequent technical concerns here on the forum.

The problem with trying to implement a multiplayer mode in Don't Starve, way after it was released, is that it would have certainly resulted in a very unpolished experience for the original game. As mentioned, multiplayer was never planned from the beginning.

I think that the system with skins is working well. We're still getting a good amount of content for the initial price of the game (make a timeline of all the patched and their content which has been released). If we want to buy optional skins it only serves as an incitament for further development. I would hardly say that the main focus has shifted to creating skins. We all know that more content is incoming.

Archived