Klei DST skin spam

What is it with this mentality that game developers are not allowed to make money from their games? Skins don't even need to affect you and they skin trading doesn't even bring much money to the developers. Trading via the Steam Community Market gives a 10% cut to Klei and a 5% cut to Valve.

Also, skins don't take forever to make. They don't drain precious development resources from Klei as much as you think they do. It's just a way to produce income from one of their games and there's completely nothing wrong with that. Making money doesn't instantly make you evil, mate.

Actually They take much more time on making new skins that one would think. If they were focusing on making money from the skins we would have a new elegant collection every 2 weeks.

Also just look at the halloween collection,it was completly free for everyone! yeah,they did make some marketable skins but they weren't insanely expensive!

And lets better not talk about the ANR updates and the new games.

Probably skins its something that the artists do on their free time for fun,they make concept skins and then they decide if they add them on the game,like the Wigfrid from the halloween collection which we saw on a stream where they probably didn't even know if they would do something special for halloween.

DST sucks and should not exist as a separete game anyway.

Now instead of ONE game with SP and MP choices we got 2 games with different direction and content, its beyond annoying.

Also the skin spam don't bring anything cool gameplay wise.

15 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

DST sucks and should not exist as a separete game anyway.

Now instead of ONE game with SP and MP choices we got 2 games with different direction and content, its beyond annoying.

I agree on what I bolded, but 2(or is it 3?) years after, it already is. And so much has been modified and added and removed and changed.

19 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

And the skin spam don't bring anything cool gameplay wise.

I still don't understand why you can't get it into your head that the developers are allowed to gain profit from their games. This may be a shocking revelation to you, but surprise surprise, money doesn't just materialize out of thin air.

I don't even know why it needs to affect you. I don't actually use skins myself because I prefer the original looks of the characters, but do you see me complaining?

I am getting the slight idea that you created this thread merely to provoke negative responses. An elaborate joke perhaps. Because I cannot imagine one who produces such inane arguments.

41 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

I still don't understand why you can't get it into your head that the developers are allowed to gain profit from their games. This may be a shocking revelation to you, but surprise surprise, money doesn't just materialize out of thin air.

I don't even know why it needs to affect you. I don't actually use skins myself because I prefer the original looks of the characters, but do you see me complaining?

I am getting the slight idea that you created this thread merely to provoke negative responses. An elaborate joke perhaps. Because I cannot imagine one who produces such inane arguments.

Pff. Get out!

Spamming skins is not valid way of making profits, this is just lame and instead of adding to the gameplay it takes away from it.

Survival aspect could be improved but it wont be imroved with skins and pretty pointless crap, instead of survival we get another collecting game, quite boring and easy at that.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

DST sucks

then....don't buy/play the game....? :v

I don't know what is so hard about that, I mean...steam is not a voice in your mind controlling your hand to buy or play it

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

I don't know man, annoying is a relative thing, I don't see it how it is annoying, infact, DST can be singleplayer if you play just on your own. DS at this moment is more about you going for the game story, like, the base story.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

They actually do, it made groups of friends to join in and play, trade and prettify their characters and camps, it brought people to enjoy the game and have a reason to stick around a server doing the same thing, aka, surviving, countless times, specially for those that are not modders.

6 minutes ago, halfrose said:

then....don't buy/play the game....? :v

I don't know what is so hard about that, I mean...steam is not a voice in your mind controlling your hand to buy or play it

I don't know man, annoying is a relative thing, I don't see it how it is annoying, infact, DST can be singleplayer if you play just on your own. DS at this moment is more about you going for the game story, like, the base story.

They actually do, it made groups of friends to join in and play, trade and prettify their characters and camps, it brought people to enjoy the game and have a reason to stick around a server doing the same thing, aka, surviving, countless times, specially for those that are not modders.

Playing DST with other people is way to boring, food is just everywhere, and if not then you can always get help from friends, playing it solo on the other hand is impossible due to epic 100k HP bosses and many items that has no function for solo player whatsoever.

Also playing solo will not put you in any kind of food problems ever thanks to new berry bushes, and other stuff that only made the game easier, there is enough food in standard DS world to keep around 15 people alive at the same time without much effort, but they made it even easier in DST and now one world is able to keep like 100 players alive at the same time.

Also ideas that were possibility for DS are now added to DST only, cause screw DS, and all players.

8 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Playing DST with other people is way to boring, food is just everywhere, and if not then you can always get help from friends, playing it solo on the other hand is impossible due to epic 100k HP bosses and many items that has no function for solo player whatsoever.

Also playing solo will not put you in any kind of food problems ever thanks to new berry bushes, and other stuff that only made the game easier, there is enough food in standard DS world to keep around 15 people alive at the same time without much effort, but they made it even easier in DST and now one world is able to keep like 100 players alive at the same time.

If you don't like playing with people, it is not the game's issue, it is yours, you are being the non-social one, that is on your own account to be annoyed by your own habit. If you want to play on solo and not get angry because they have way too many health points, you can simply add one single mod to set their HP to a reasonable level, issue solved.

you can disable stuff from the world, so I don't see the issue on the food resources?
 Also I am fairly sure the reason why it can keep as you say "100 players" alive is mostly because it is called Don't Starve TOGETHER?
 Btw that is actually really relative, Klei made the game in a way that can welcome newcomers to the game. I've played with people that just started playing the game, they would barely survive because they know very little of the game mechanics. 
 What I think that is happening is that, you have played the game for so long that it is not difficult anymore, FOR YOU, note that "FOR YOU" not for others, it is not an easy game, it is an easy game for someone that already played it long enough.

(( On a side note, am I the only one having this issue with the forums double sending messages?)

1 minute ago, halfrose said:

@Arlesienne , I don't know, I kind of like feeding them, it is amusing to see the replies until they contradicts themselves, loses all the senses or gets overworked about it XD

I find it better to feed, say, Aventurian trolls, with honeyed ham, no less, because they start singing fun gory songs then, especially since forum trolls first bring you down to their level and then win through sheer stubbornness alone, but don't let me detain you.

441433-drakensang-the-river-of-time-wind

14 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Also ideas that were possibility for DS are now added to DST only, cause screw DS, and all players.

i play solo almost exclusively. every boss is easily manageable for this librarian. not sure what you are talking about here.

and i actively try to make the game harder. too much food? no problem, just turn off those pesky berry bushes and mushrooms. too much daylight? let's just make it night all the time. in the caves. with nightmare fissures turned way up. and let's turn all the giants up to LOTS...

(be right back, gonna make a new server...)

3 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I find it better to feed, say, Aventurian trolls, with honeyed ham, no less, because they start singing fun gory songs then, especially since forum trolls first bring you down to their level and then win through sheer stubbornness alone, but don't let me detain you.

It only works if their pray is too focused into them though, the most amusing part of replying for the sake of seeing their crazy answer is more for the attempts of studying their natural behavior and primal wild instincts, it is a profiting experiment, but you do require wild ones.

18 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Some of them even have 50 euro price tags on the market and people are paying

Okay, if you hate skins, then why the HELL do you care about their prices?

People may and will pay up to 200 euro to get some vanity in they game play! What do you care what THEY do!

You don't want skins? Don't open the gifts! Don't buy from the market!

Problem Solved!

18 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Klei be like:

We used to make games

They are making two new games!

43 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

First of all the bosses are solo-able and trying to fight them alone is a pretty nice challenge (also the one with the highest hp has like 50k) and how do they make it impossible to play the game? They're completely optional, same for the items that were made for multiplayer.

I'm sorry to say this but you seem like one of these people who like to complain just for the sake of complaining. You're complaining that the game can't be played alone because there's items made for multiplayer but if they wouldn't have made items that improve the multiplayer experience you'd be complaining that they're simply trying to make money and don't put any effort into DST, wouldn't you?

I love skins and I hope there will be even more skins for everything.

What I don't like is insanly low drop rate and even lower chance to get elegant skins. 4 skins weekly that require hours of playing to get plus about 1% chance for elegant (based on testing someone did I saw a while ago), this is extremly low.

If you always reach weekly skin limit you still won't even be alive long enough to get all of them, and definately not elegant skins..

2 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

You sometimes hear people say stuff like this about bands, too. In my experience, it tends to be an attitude of people who have never really worked for a living. It reminds me of the first time I got my own apartment and I was just outraged--shocked! --that I was going to have to pay for my own electricity.

3 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

I still don't understand why you can't get it into your head that the developers are allowed to gain profit from their games.

Of course they are allowed, I wish Klei riches and riches. The moment they do it through the market which revolves around people being lucky, it's frustrating. It's gambling, it's low.  

They could have sold ANR as a separate DLC, give it a fixed price, in which the entire skin collection could have been available. But nope, these are old ways of releasing content to a game, got to jump on the cancer train à la valve market.

However I agree with nothing else _Q_ posted on this thread.

Archived