Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Drop_Of_Light

''Return to menu'' or ''Retry'' screen after reviving

Hi,

The problem that I faced was that after I died 2 times and revived at the stones (normally) I died a third time. But, I had a ''life giving amulet'' that brought me back to life. And even though I was alive and gathering the stuff that I dropped when I died, the ''Return to menu'' or ''Retry'' screen appeared.

I could still walk behind it. But, I couldn't see much.

I exited the game hopping that it will see that I was alive but when I opened it again the save file of my character was at 1-1 days survived and after opening it, it started me a whole new game.

I hope you can take a look at this error.

Thank you for your efforts!

PS: I love the game <3

JanH    6,434

Did you have MODS installed and enabled when you ran into this issue?

Also, could you provide us with your log.txt file - this well help us investigate this further. C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

On 12/6/2016 at 8:48 PM, JanH said:

Did you have MODS installed and enabled when you ran into this issue?

Also, could you provide us with your log.txt file - this well help us investigate this further. C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

Yes I had a few mods enabled like ''display food value'' and ''health info''

And here is the file you asked for. But, I played a few games after that one so I hope this doesn't affect you finding what is wrong.

Thank you for the reply :3

log.txt

JanH    6,434

Sadly with the amount of mods you have installed, it is impossible to what would have caused the problem - though checking the log - it looks like NTools is quite old and has not been updated since late 2013. Try deleting that one and unsubscribing to it from Steam Workshop.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:39 AM, JanH said:

Sadly with the amount of mods you have installed, it is impossible to what would have caused the problem - though checking the log - it looks like NTools is quite old and has not been updated since late 2013. Try deleting that one and unsubscribing to it from Steam Workshop.

To be honest i know that keeping a lot of mods installed is bad even if i am not using them. But, remembering the ones i like is hard. 

And i will definitely uninstall that one.

Thank you again for your help :3 

Have a nice day!