V2C

[Game Update] - Herd Mentality (BETA 198138)

Recommended Posts

Nokturne    0
1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The only thing I can agree with is the idea of stopping the Marble trees' growth at Tier 3...

The rest is just unbalanced or just not useful at all...

-I like to have the chance to kill Dragonfly every season I want...

-After defeating the Bee Queen she drops Beehives, so I just don't know what you mean with beehives not being renewable... Although I do think that I might be better to make Royal Jelly the primary ingredient for Beeswax instead of Beehives... That recipe is a bit unbalanced IMO

YES, Honey Nuggets for life! , does Bee Queen also respawns? maybe a dumb question but it doesn't hurt to ask 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadyPK    250

I'm sure we'll get more stuff on pets and the queen bee hat and other stuff over time in the next 3 weeks. We have 3 weeks till next update or so give Klei time and give them ideas and suggestions. Yes I'd like too see more out of the queen bee hat, and more than just petting critters, and other stuff but give them time to fix stuff and other coding. I mean when toadstool first came out he as OP as **** so I'm sure there will be changes on changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    7,187
7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

What? Why? The feathers only require you a twig, a charcoal and a jet feather each, so what's really the problem? It's not like there's much else you'll be using up those jet feathers for anyway!

Why? Because the previous method of sorting was basically free by dropping the item in front of the chest. Is the feather pencil expensive? No. Is it annoying trying to get like 20 jet feathers when you're just setting up your camp? Yes.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    1,264
53 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You're confusing honeycombs and hives. They're saying hives don't respawn. You're saying queen bee drops honeycombs.

you are right, but the result is the same.... you probably want the Beehives for the Honeycombs... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lumina    2,132
5 minutes ago, V2C said:

The Bee Queen Hat also has a new ability:

  Hide contents

When a player equips the Bee Queen Hat, negative sanity auras from creatures, plants, or structures in the world are partially converted into positive sanity gain.

 

Spoiler

Oh, it could be really awesome to gain sanity against some dangerous bosses. Often, the drain of sanity during long fight is as dangerous as the fight itself, since it's of course when i'm weak, barely alive and without any defenses that shadow monster appears.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kzisor    1,057

@V2C, it's nice that it has an added effect, but honestly I would like to make a suggestion if the item is still in the 'development' stage.

Suggestion:

When the Bee Queen Hat is equipped, up to 6 angry bees around you turn into Grumble Bees and protect you. Once the hat wears out, the Grumble Bees would attack you.

This should serve the following purposes:

  • You are able to harvest from Bee Boxes without getting attacked, all angry bees turn into Grumble Bees; until you reached the max of 6.
  • It similar to the Spider Hat where you have consequences to your actions of wearing the hat.

 

I am not sure if this idea fits in with the current game design.

Regards,

Kzisor/Ysovuka

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    1,264

 

12 minutes ago, V2C said:

The Bee Queen Hat also has a new ability:

  Hide contents

When a player equips the Bee Queen Hat, negative sanity auras from creatures, plants, or structures in the world are partially converted into positive sanity gain.

 

801cb73befef531a9a8cd0dd754913cf0ff06ab3

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EuedeAdodooedoe    1,178
2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The only thing I can agree with is the idea of stopping the Marble trees' growth at Tier 3...

The rest is just unbalanced or just not useful at all...

-I like to have the chance to kill Dragonfly every season I want...

-After defeating the Bee Queen she drops Beehives, so I just don't know what you mean with beehives not being renewable... Although I do think that I might be better to make Royal Jelly the primary ingredient for Beeswax instead of Beehives... That recipe is a bit unbalanced IMO

Honey combs =/= bee hives :D The honey combs and bee boxes are renewable, but not the bee hives. This is a bee hive:

latest?cb=20130430033843

This is a honey comb:

latest?cb=20121216095825

And this is a bee box:

latest?cb=20131205153818

 

All different things, lol! So, what do you think of bee hives being renewable through Bee Queen and her being like a "guardian" for the surrounding bee hives (just check back on the suggestion)? As for all the rest, well, if you think requiring royal jelly per 2 shrub beans to then get up to 5 or 6 marble for getting marble suits so that they are not extremely common to use but at a decent level at least at first so that log suit doesn't become (overall) a slightly inferior armour than marble suit and to also get rid of the constant grind you need to do in order to get a bunch of marble suits (too much mining, gghhhhr!), then I really don't know. Do you like the grind, or do you not use marble suits that often or at all or what? And how is having Toadstool a more of a hidden boss in a special biome for the surprise element or having bee hives renewable and guarded by a Bee Queen "unbalanced" or "not useful"?

in response to the Dragonfly thing - Well, may be I would like a chance to kill a bunch of Gmooses any season I want? This is veeeery subjective. But there isn't anything to do in Summer and since Dragonfly was and would still be very fitting for Summer and add to the extra challenge, why not make her a Summer giant? You might get less chances to fight her for those sweet, sweet green gems (in particular the green ones), but I mean, she could loot more per kill to make up for that, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,634
18 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Honey combs =/= bee hives :D The honey combs and bee boxes are renewable, but not the bee hives. This is a bee hive:

latest?cb=20130430033843

This is a honey comb:

latest?cb=20121216095825

And this is a bee box:

latest?cb=20131205153818

 

All different things, lol! So, what do you think of bee hives being renewable through Bee Queen and her being like a "guardian" for the surrounding bee hives (just check back on the suggestion)? As for all the rest, well, if you think requiring royal jelly per 2 shrub beans to then get up to 5 or 6 marble for getting marble suits so that they are not extremely common to use but at a decent level at least at first so that log suit doesn't become (overall) a slightly inferior armour than marble suit and to also get rid of the constant grind you need to do in order to get a bunch of marble suits (too much mining, gghhhhr!), then I really don't know. Do you like the grind, or do you not use marble suits that often or at all or what? And how is having Toadstool a more of a hidden boss in a special biome for the surprise element or having bee hives renewable and guarded by a Bee Queen "unbalanced" or "not useful"?

in response to the Dragonfly thing - Well, may be I would like a chance to kill a bunch of Gmooses any season I want? This is veeeery subjective. But there isn't anything to do in Summer and since Dragonfly was and would still be very fitting for Summer and add to the extra challenge, why not make her a Summer giant? You might get less chances to fight her for those sweet, sweet green gems (in particular the green ones), but I mean, she could loot more per kill to make up for that, no?

Ok but why do you want hives to be renewable, if they offer nothing more than a bee box would?

(also thank you for a higher quality version of that vid, will be upgrading my stock of response videos)

Edited by AnonymousKoala
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EuedeAdodooedoe    1,178
Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

Ok but why do you want hives to be renewable, if they offer nothing more than a bee box would?

Because it otherwise destroys the beauty of the world. Plus, bees become much harder to obtain if you have lost all of your bee hives and only have bee queen for honey combs as you need 4 for a bee box. That's a whole lot of tumbleweed grinding for bees, you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tainted-Petals    502

Also now that I think about it, you can put the fossils together 'wrong' and I'm picturing this poor sod of a creature dragging it's 'tusks' around trying to attack you and it's hilarious.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tainted-Petals    502
Just now, SuperPsiPower said:

I'm a little disappointed that the No-eyed deer are basically just a reskin of the Volt goats, but they attack together like beefalo. If they were changed to drop something more then just 1 meat.

This.  There's a lot of basic reskins going on and it's getting frustrating (and lazy)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EuedeAdodooedoe    1,178

I was hoping the Shadow Atrium could be like a forever-lasting telltale heart. Some might think this would make it overpowered and death a joke, although for one death is kind of a joke already in the game, unless you're like one pro, surrounded by 5 newbies and the fact that you need an alive player to revive with it, could still result in all players dying with no way to resurrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t0panka    1,582
1 minute ago, SuperPsiPower said:

I'm a little disappointed that the No-eyed deer are basically just a reskin of the Volt goats, but they attack together like beefalo. If they were changed to drop something more then just 1 meat then that would be really cool. UNLESS the meat is a place holder~

placeholders everywhere ... imo last update will put everything together is some awesome way!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    7,187
1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@Ogrecakes was quite right and it's a darn shame so little of the fans in this forum actually want DST to adapt to be a multiplayer version of a beloved single player game which aimed for and presented quite greatly challenges over time. There are ways to balance DST out to be more like that, but it doesn't seem like this will happen. I've already went back to single player because of this.

In other words, the game is turning from "everything is out to kill you" to "you are out to kill everything" and the forum is well too supportive of that and devs agree and it sucks for the rest of us and for the initial incentive of the game.

Could you be a little more specific here? Both games have virtually identical mechanics and I'm not really seeing the problem you're seeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ogrecakes    505
2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Could you be a little more specific here? Both games have virtually identical mechanics and I'm not really seeing the problem you're seeing.

Hounds and Giants are easier to deal with, and the Dragonfly and other new bosses are completely optional.

And there's nothing in the game to supplement that decrease in difficulty as if this latest patch, the new team is too busy making more cosmetics and adding what the original designers thought would ruin the theme of the game.

You could argue the disease system, but really, its so easy to get around.

Edited by Ogrecakes
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    1,264
12 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Honey combs =/= bee hives :D The honey combs and bee boxes are renewable, but not the bee hives. This is a bee hive:

latest?cb=20130430033843

This is a honey comb:

latest?cb=20121216095825

And this is a bee box:

latest?cb=20131205153818

 

All different things, lol! So, what do you think of bee hives being renewable through Bee Queen and her being like a "guardian" for the surrounding bee hives (just check back on the suggestion)? As for all the rest, well, if you think requiring royal jelly per 2 shrub beans to then get up to 5 or 6 marble for getting marble suits so that they are not extremely common to use but at a decent level at least at first so that log suit doesn't become (overall) a slightly inferior armour than marble suit and to also get rid of the constant grind you need to do in order to get a bunch of marble suits (too much mining, gghhhhr!), then I really don't know. Do you like the grind, or do you not use marble suits that often or at all or what? And how is having Toadstool a more of a hidden boss in a special biome for the surprise element or having bee hives renewable and guarded by a Bee Queen "unbalanced" or "not useful"?

in response to the Dragonfly thing - Well, may be I would like a chance to kill a bunch of Gmooses any season I want? This is veeeery subjective. But there isn't anything to do in Summer and since Dragonfly was and would still be very fitting for Summer and add to the extra challenge, why not make her a Summer giant? You might get less chances to fight her for those sweet, sweet green gems (in particular the green ones), but I mean, she could loot more per kill to make up for that, 

12 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Because it otherwise destroys the beauty of the world. Plus, bees become much harder to obtain if you have lost all of your bee hives and only have bee queen for honey combs as you need 4 for a bee box. That's a whole lot of tumbleweed grinding for bees, you know!

So just to make things clear....

Yes I did mistake the beehives for honeycombs.... I'm not perfect.... so what.... and there was no need to be pejorative to that respect . ... I'm not a native English Speaker after all 

Besides, the only purpose for beehives  before ANR was to provide you with more honeycombs for more beeboxes

And.... you seem to ignore that you can get bees from your own beeboxes.... so I really don't know what you are talking about

About the Dfly issue . ... it will get pretty hard for people playing on dedicated servers..... and not every server is that cooperative with the resources . ... some people just don't share and if they kill dragonfly they just keep the loot for themselves and others in that world won't have the chance to kill Dfly until next year.... 

In a perfect server where all people playing are coordinated and cooperative your suggestion can work but Klei has to think about all the people playing... 

That's why the have included things like the statues sketches beign found in tumbleweeds . .. so all people in the servers have the chance to get them...

same thing goes to Marble Seeds requiring royal jelly . .. unfortunately not all people share.  

that's why I believe your suggestions are unbalanced and not useful 

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EuedeAdodooedoe    1,178
20 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

So just to make things clear....

Yes I did mistook the beehives for honeycombs.... I'm not perfect.... so what.... and there was no need to be pejorative to that respect . ... I'm not a native English Speaker after all 

Besides, the only purpose for beehives  before ANR was to provide you with more honeycombs for more beeboxes

And.... you seem to ignore that you can get bees from your own beeboxes.... so I really don't know what you are talking about

About the Dfly issue . ... it will get pretty hard for people playing on dedicated servers..... and not every server is that cooperative with the resources . ... some people just don't share and if they kill dragonfly they just keep the loot for themselves and others in that world won't have the chance to kill Dfly until next year.... 

In a perfect server where all people playing are coordinated and cooperative your suggestion can work but Klei has to think about all the people playing... 

That's why the have included things like the statues sketches beign found in tumbleweeds . .. so all people in the servers have the chance to get them...

same thing goes to Marble Seeds requiring royal jelly . .. unfortunately not all people share.  

that's why I believe your suggestions are unbalanced and not useful 

I do actually know about bee boxes and if you look back at a post I made I actually mention the thing about them and also why I think bee hives being renewable should be a thing. Essentially they're a world aesthetics thing and a much more reliable source of initial bees than fricken tumbleweeds, but what would I know, I've only played 1800 hours of the game.

Why would you be playing and cooperating with selfish players in the first place?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    2,350
9 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I was hoping the Shadow Atrium could be like a forever-lasting telltale heart. Some might think this would make it overpowered and death a joke, although for one death is kind of a joke already in the game, unless you're like one pro, surrounded by 5 newbies and the fact that you need an alive player to revive with it, could still result in all players dying with no way to resurrect.

It'd be neat to make the dark heart act like a life-giving amulet that you don't need to haunt- it would instantly restore your health pool and break(squish?) when you would have normally died.

 

This is, of course, if Klei doesn't have an idea to do with it.

I personally suspect it will be used in summoning the skeletal creature you put together from the fossils.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now