[Game Update] - Herd Mentality (BETA 198138)

• Developer

DSTupdate_herdmentality_sm.JPG

Changes

• Craft Mini Signs and draw an image of a nearby object on them using a Feather Pencil.
  • Organize, package, or preserve your supplies using craftable Bundling Wraps.
  • Added new critter behaviors and interactions.
  • Keep your eyes open for a new seasonal herd of No-Eyed Deers.
  • Bee Queen now drops a magnificent hat.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where Terrorbeaks could sometimes be hit again after they’ve already teleported away.

View full update

• Like 29

what are the behaviours of the pets?, when and where can I find the new deers?, what does the new bee hat?, so many questions and as usual I'll be waiting pressing constantly F5 in the mathem's update log topic

Some stuff i've figured out.

• Parcels seem to preserve food forever and it doesn't consume the wax paper needed to craft it! Just drops the wax paper when opened.
  • Yawn emote doesn't require that you wear the Jammies. Just that you own them.
  • Your pets can be pet now.
  • Beequeen hat is an armor that protects 70% I think? Also makes people bow to you. Probably alot more to it that i'm not seeing.
  • Beequeen hat can be spawned using c_spawn'hivehat'
  • No Eyed Deer can be spawned using c_spawn"deer" for anyone wondering.
  • Pet's according to the lua can obtain the following traits. Combat, wellfed, playful, affectionate, and crafty. That's about all I could understand with my virtually nonexistent knowledge of lua.
Edited by Weird Wanderer
  • Like 5

Unless Bee Queen Hat does something else i'm kind disapointed that is just yet another armor.  I wanted something usefull for the Bee Boxes, would be cool. Oh well, atleast someone can feel like a Queen ;)

Edit: I love being honest so here it goes, i'm a bit disapointed with this patch, and i hope it was something extra you put together rather than part of the 8 patch you invisioned for TNR :D The only thing that really made it for this update was the signs. They are really good, rather than that, Bee Queen is a major disapointment for me, packages are jsut ok, and unless Deers will have something special, they are just another creature in the world.

Anyway lets see how the future unfolds

Best Regards,

Glhrmzz

ps. Still dont know what the pet traits are.

Edited by Glhrmzz
  • Like 8

The new content is good, and there's probably some more to it I don't know yet, but...This feels dissapointing, compared to the promises that have been made. And then there's how the Shadow Pieces still are unfinished, Glommer Wings and Iridiscent Gem have no use, Issues from Pre-ANR, etc. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

The new content is good, and there's probably some more to it I don't know yet, but...This feels dissapointing, compared to the promises that have been made. And then there's how the Shadow Pieces still are unfinished, Glommer Wings and Iridiscent Gem have no use, Issues from Pre-ANR, etc. 

Isn't this a Beta. Why not suggest changes.

• Like 1

These mini signs are great. I'm really liking how they can be placed next to a chest so easily. I actually went and stocked up on a lot of logs and boards thinking I would need to rip apart my current storage area to fit them in. Thankfully I didn't need to do that. Although I do have one tiny little issue with them. Using up a whole feather pencil per sign seems like a little much. Perhaps the feather pencil could be given durability and be able to draw on maybe 4 signs before breaking? It would make setting these up a lot easier.

• Like 14