Spoiler

Name: Col KD or just KD

Race: Cool kid

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.):
Normal human cool kid with normal cool interests like: cool human food, cool kids cool video games, cool kids anime. 
Personality:

• Cool kid 
  • likes to talk about cool kid stuff. 
  • : )
  • Likes do draw
  • Likes to use red in his drawings
  • Likes/hates dragons/monsters
  • Mad

Appearance:

• Green mask hiding his face.
  • Black, very long hair coming out under the mask.
  • Wears scarf 
  • Wears jeans
  • Doesn't use shirt, instead he has painted something in his torso 
  • Cool black shoes

DRAWING COMING WAIT !!!

Strengths:

• Cool kid
  • feels no sadness
  • feels no regret

Weaknesses:

• None
  • Cool kid
  • Not trust worthy 
  • Doesn't listen some times.
  • He thinks that you are not cool kid

Etc:
You wanna be cool kid?

Lets be cool kids?

(I might not join. I was just bored)

2 hours ago, ~Matt said:

It's the Baxter monster from my character's history xD

Yeah, YouKnowWho told me. I guess you could include him since he's part of your character's backstory.

Also, I'd like to know is anymore people wanna join. So far, possible members who wanna participate are @Mr.P, @Battal and @Zeklo(?)

However, I'm in no rush to start this (but Toast is super pumped and kinda itching to start sometime this month so...)

12 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Yeah, YouKnowWho told me. I guess you could include him since he's part of your character's backstory.

Only if and when you felt that throwing him in could benefit the story and, of course, make sense at all, since, as of how my character left things, Baxter is locked in a lab.

18 minutes ago, ~Matt said:

Only if and when you felt that throwing him in could benefit the story and, of course, make sense at all, since, as of how my character left things, Baxter is locked in a lab.

Well depending on where the story takes us, we'll either end up sircling back or, if you're really desperate, he could have escaped and came back to you. Heck, he could have even mutated in that time. Big enough to ride maybe? :p

Just now, DragonMage156 said:

Well depending on where the story takes us, we'll either end up sircling back or, if you're really desperate, he could have escaped and came back to you. Heck, he could have even mutated in that time. Big enough to ride maybe? :p

shivers

A heap of entangled mushrooms sprouting out of a rat corpse and moving on their own... That'd smell horrible.

8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Sure. Like I said, I'll always be here to answer any questions you may have.

Excellent. I'll try to be as concise as possible.

1. What period (preferably also the year and month) are we playing in?

2. What country do we start in?

3. What country was the first to get its mutants?

4. How much time has already passed since the first mutation?

5. What is the reaction of other countries to the problem? Especially the neighbours?

6. What genre are you aiming at?

7. Are we using any ready system, even as a rough base?

8. What sort of characters do you seek?

9. Am I right it's your debut as a GM?

That's my list of questions for now, I suppose. Regards :).

11 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Excellent. I'll try to be as concise as possible.
1. What period (preferably also the year and month) are we playing in?
2. What country do we start in?
3. What country was the first to get its mutants?
4. How much time has already passed since the first mutation?
5. What is the reaction of other countries to the problem? Especially the neighbours?
6. What genre are you aiming at?
7. Are we using any ready system, even as a rough base?
8. What sort of characters do you seek?
9. Am I right it's your debut as a GM?
That's my list of questions for now, I suppose. Regards :).

1. Modern times but with slight alterations. I think you even could consider it an AU (I don't have the exact date though)

2. I didn't think of location but does it really matter in a post-apocalyptic world?

3 and 4. I don't think it matters and I don't refer to them at mutants. (To me, mutations is what you see in the Resident Evil movies 0_0)

5. Other countries saw this as a threat. Perhaps other countries testing some sort of bioweaponry? So it started a WWIII (though the more I say it, the more stupid it sounds -_-)

6. I was aiming for post-apocalyptic but Mr.P described it to contain a hint of fantasy as well.

7. Ready system?

8. Human mostly but monsters are accepted too (to be discussed in PM)

9. GM? Look, Idk a lot of abbreviations, especially the not-as-commonly-used ones. However if the question is related to my first RP than yes, this is my first RP.

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

1. Modern times but with slight alterations. I think you even could consider it an AU (I don't have the exact date though)

2. I didn't think of location but does it really matter in a post-apocalyptic world?

3 and 4. I don't think it matters and I don't refer to them at mutants. (To me, mutations is what you see in the Resident Evil movies 0_0)

5. Other countries saw this as a threat. Perhaps other countries testing some sort of bioweaponry? So it started a WWIII (though the more I say it, the more stupid it sounds -_-)

6. I was aiming for post-apocalyptic but Mr.P described it to contain a hint of fantasy as well.

7. Ready system?

8. Human mostly but monsters are accepted too (to be discussed in PM)

9. GM? Look, Idk a lot of abbreviations, especially the not-as-commonly-used ones. However if the question is related to my first RP than yes, this is my first RP.

Okay, starting with my thanks for getting back to me, let's break it into chunks.

9. This clarifies a lot: if you're not familiar with the term GM, the gamemaster, it means you are very fresh to traditional roleplaying. I see you in the play-by-forums though, so I'm going to assume you play play-by-forums. It's nothing wrong not to (yet) know the juicy stuff. I for one am more than ready to help you.

1. We need dates to avoid a sudden "Wait, what year is it again?" moment; you have time to figure our your chronology. By all means do that. You are to create a cohesive, immersive world. This is one of the pillars.

2-4: OF COURSE this matters! Very much so! We need to know what we can and cannot do :D. You clearly don't want an apocalypse Deus Ex Machina, right?

The first country is what should be affected the most. It will influence where and how fast the disease for an umbrella term will spread. It also gives us ideas what to do: if it's Scotland, you can only flee elsewhere within the UK, assuming the airports are cut off. If you pick Poland, you've got the mainland to escape across, with a great many routes. European countries are bound to react, the States - they ought to. If it starts in New Zealand, Australia and the islands should panic first.

It's impossible for foreign governments not to give a damn in the face of such harrowing events. You need to know what damn they will give.

How much time has passed influences research of the problem AND geopolitical changes alike. It also gives us a vague idea how much the country might have been ravaged.

5 - a normal way of reasoning when your neighbour loses all semblance of civilisation as it's overrun by mushroom-carrying rats isn't "Let's use them cute rodents as weapons" - it's "Oh Blighted Bleeding Sod", then reaction. Without reaction, people will overthrow you as the government they chose for protection and seek out someone who appears competent to guide them through this craze. So you've got to work on that.

6 - I see. No set genre. We'll need to think of it. Why? Because your genre means convention, convention means classic tropes, and tropes are a joy to deconstruct. You've got to know the rules to play by and around them :). Given you've got a laboratory-derived apocalypse, I'd vote soft SF.

7 - I asked if you plan to use some roleplaying system: TDE, D&D, Pathfinder, Bladerunner, Mythos, Solar Echoes, Wolsung, FATE, anything. 9 pretty much answered me you don't as traditional tabletops are not your field of interest (yet). No worries, it's still doable.

8 - but how do we all meet? Beginnings are the hardest. Imagine how you have to think about avoiding You All Meet in a Tavern XD. I've had starts as students of various establishments, goons for hire losing jobs for some petty overlord and setting up a gang for revenge, near-executions, being shipwrecked, losing track of a foreign metropolis, freshly-captured slaves, heck, even some giant party (which the PCs crashed without remorse). How you begin is important. Think about it and we can discuss it.

I know you may be rather anxious now. You're likely realising just how much backstage work @Mr.P and @WeirdoBob have you don't notice when simply playing Ria. But from an avid player AND GM, we all started from this point. You've got experienced people at your disposal. Let's hitch our sleeves and make something awesome!

1. Why not just say it's 2016? A lot of people complain about how sh*tty it was anyway, no reason not to sabotage it in an RP :p

As for the rest, perhaps I can talk to Mr.P about it. Me and @Mr.P have exchanged ideas in the past so he can probably help with some of these flaws.

Also...

4 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

7 - I asked if you plan to use some roleplaying system: TDE, D&D, Pathfinder, Bladerunner, Mythos, Solar Echoes, Wolsung, FATE, anything. 9 pretty much answered me you don't as traditional tabletops are not your field of interest (yet). No worries, it's still doable.

Is it possible you can write out the whole word? Again, I'm still new to the "gamemaster" thing.

4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

DM the GM. 

Make it your rapper name or something.

Nice :wilson_cool:

Personally if we go with a time and all I feel like it should be something among the next 50 ir so years in the future. Alternatively of course we can go the Fallout route with massive technological advances but maybe some downsides to that (In the Fallout universe for example the transistor was either never or very lately invented what changed the flow of technological advances).

For setting I would suggest somewhere in Europe. Why? Big masses of land ontop of a lot of geografic variety what allows for more freedom on the GM (alternatively make it an alternate universe that's just very close to our own but with different geografy.)

Meetup at least on my part will be a tad different. I'll isolate my "duo" until I've given my comrades a bare overview of what they're dealing with. Sure suprises are good as well but everyone who knows me knows I love double edged sword characters so showing the big downside to them as a warning is nessesary (we don't want any accidents now do we?)

And I should be done with my sheet in the next few days. Just a little bit of finetuning but base concept is good I feel.

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

1. Why not just say it's 2016? A lot of people complain about how sh*tty it was anyway, no reason not to sabotage it in an RP :p

As for the rest, perhaps I can talk to Mr.P about it. Me and @Mr.P have exchanged ideas in the past so he can probably help with some of these flaws.

Also...

Is it possible you can write out the whole word? Again, I'm still new to the "gamemaster" thing.

Nice :wilson_cool:

Of course! Personally I'm dearly fine with 2016, especially since it's an alternate reality - that's exactly the kind of link I needed!

Definitely talk with @Mr.P (and @Weirdobob). These gentlemen know what they're doing. But don't call the highlights flaws - you're starting out, you're learning. Lastly, if you want, you've got me as well: Literary Science, Game Studies, own writing and a fan of RPGs beyond saving; sounds good for putting the PCs through all kinds of creative misery, err, I mean, ensuring a great time for all :wilson_cool:!

1 minute ago, Mr.P said:

Personally if we go with a time and all I feel like it should be something among the next 50 ir so years in the future. Alternatively of course we can go the Fallout route with massive technological advances but maybe some downsides to that (In the Fallout universe for example the transistor was either never or very lately invented what changed the flow of technological advances).

For setting I would suggest somewhere in Europe. Why? Big masses of land ontop of a lot of geografic variety what allows for more freedom on the GM (alternatively make it an alternate universe that's just very close to our own but with different geografy.)

Meetup at least on my part will be a tad different. I'll isolate my "duo" until I've given my comrades a bare overview of what they're dealing with. Sure suprises are good as well but everyone who knows me knows I love double edged sword characters so showing the big downside to them as a warning is nessesary (we don't want any accidents now do we?)

And I should be done with my sheet in the next few days. Just a little bit of finetuning but base concept is good I feel.

Excellent, I don't want to influence any of you, but I would be suggesting Europe as well, or another continent with several countries (Africa, Asia, South America). Not only because of much geographical variety. That would allow for much more in terms of sociopolitical play - and have the group moving towards the safer areas too (said safer areas couldn't avoid reacting to a flood of refugees, of course - this means lovely conflict!). It's also more interesting than using the States again, that's been done so often.

PS I can do more: I have all the official materials for The Dark Eye available in English beyond the physical format, plus a lot of paraphernalia of Dungeons & Dragons as well as the other systems mentioned. Should you be interested, I can happily show you around.

Being set in the future actually makes more sense :)

and I picture a lot of forest scenery with this RP, Idk why. If Europe has a lot of that than I'm fine with it. If not than I'll try to cut back a few trees :p (some people will have to help me out cos I've never been over seas and don't know a thing about Europe (well I do but... not the landscape))

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I'll add it to the intro post sometime later.

Archived